Big day for CFB Apologist

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
CFB Apologist

Re: Big day for CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:Definitely don’t turn on the Golf Channel today, CFB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he can play this well vs. a 17 man silly season field, 8 more majors is in play, IMHO... BACK
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:with Tiger being back and all. He’s going to have a field day on the Lounge with the fanbois.

He's not allowed to have a field day with the fan bois. He's a 50 year old man who gets kicked off of message boards because he can't get along with others.
He got kicked off the Lounge?

No, I was suspended by Will for getting into it with NokieHokie - great guy that everyone - including BG- loves...Nokie never starts anything, nah- it was all my fault.. at any rate, Nokie was also suspended and when his posting privileges were restored after a week, I quit posting and did not ask Will to come back. Will knew about every dupe I had after VTHT93 got banned for getting into an F Bomb match with VTRULZ and Pirkster... So when hokieq, BG, and AH04 pretended that I was "sneaking" on the board and lying about posting handles, etc. That was not true. I emailed Will regularly about posting again and he gave me the rules. CFB Apologist was my handle for over 6 years..I had HokiePHX for over 3 years - again BG will tell you I got banned every week, etc. But now you have the whole story. You can email Will and ask him if you please. I had permission to post under those dupes and was in contact with him many times.
How long did you have 8 Man Front? Leave any others out?

NokieHokie? I've only started noticing him this football season, coinciding with me posting more on the subscribers board. He posts a lot. Other than that, don't know him or really have an opinion on him. I don't love him nearly as much as I love you.

If I ever implied that you had to sneak back on the board if that wasn't true than I apologize. I didn't realize that you begged a message board moderator to be let back on, promising that, this time, you'd behave! Because that's much better...
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:with Tiger being back and all. He’s going to have a field day on the Lounge with the fanbois.

He's not allowed to have a field day with the fan bois. He's a 50 year old man who gets kicked off of message boards because he can't get along with others.

No, I was suspended by Will for getting into it with NokieHokie - great guy that everyone - including BG- loves...Nokie never starts anything, nah- it was all my fault.. at any rate, Nokie was also suspended and when his posting privileges were restored after a week, I quit posting and did not ask Will to come back. Will knew about every dupe I had after VTHT93 got banned for getting into an F Bomb match with VTRULZ and Pirkster... So when hokieq, BG, and AH04 pretended that I was "sneaking" on the board and lying about posting handles, etc. That was not true. I emailed Will regularly about posting again and he gave me the rules. CFB Apologist was my handle for over 6 years..I had HokiePHX for over 3 years - again BG will tell you I got banned every week, etc. But now you have the whole story. You can email Will and ask him if you please. I had permission to post under those dupes and was in contact with him many times.

NokieHokie? I've only started noticing him this football season, coinciding with me posting more on the subscribers board. He posts a lot. Other than that, don't know him or really have an opinion on him. I don't love him nearly as much as I love you.

If I ever implied that you had to sneak back on the board if that wasn't true than I apologize. I didn't realize that you begged a message board moderator to be let back on, promising that, this time, you'd behave! Because that's much better...
Begged? nope. Will and I had very civil conversations- no begging at all. and like I said, he knows about 8 man front too. If your point is that I am a loser because I got banned for violating TSLs subjective, arbitrary TOS- well OK, you win. If your point is that I am a loser because I am mid 40's and post on message boards like this one- well OK.. but like this board, The Key Play, and several others I post on for different hobbies, I have never been banned, save for TSL. But if you think I am a loser, good on ya.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Begged? nope. Will and I had very civil conversations- no begging at all. and like I said, he knows about 8 man front too. If your point is that I am a loser because I got banned for violating TSLs subjective, arbitrary TOS- well OK, you win. If your point is that I am a loser because I am mid 40's and post on message boards like this one- well OK.. but like this board, The Key Play, and several others I post on for different hobbies, I have never been banned, save for TSL. But if you think I am a loser, good on ya.
I think we could all become friends over bong hits.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:I don't play video games, but know several 50+ guys who do. Not embarrassing...just diff strokes for diff folks.
nope. Grown ass men playing video games is indeed embarrassing. With CFB 100% on that.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote: I think we could all become friends over bong hits.
So uncivilized. As a New Yorker, you must realize that oil pens are all the rage!
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:

If he can play this well vs. a 17 man silly season field, 8 more majors is in play, IMHO... BACK
Yep, a slack field. Dustin Johnson, Justin Thomas, Fowler, Stenson, Kuchar, Spieth, Hoffman, Matsuyama.. He clearly picked all the chumps to play.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: I think we could all become friends over bong hits.
So uncivilized. As a New Yorker, you must realize that oil pens are all the rage!
My friend likes Kiwi Nectar.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Yep, a slack field. Dustin Johnson, Justin Thomas, Fowler, Stenson, Kuchar, Spieth, Hoffman, Matsuyama.. He clearly picked all the chumps to play.
Woosh.. resort, soft course, silly season- no stakes and just 16 other guys- don't care if it was Jack and Arnie in their prime. This is a non-event, a fluff tourney- the furthest thing from a major championship. But Like I said, a subpar round and 11 fairways hit = 7 or 8 more majors for Tiger, IMO. He's "BACK" ...
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:I don't play video games, but know several 50+ guys who do. Not embarrassing...just diff strokes for diff folks.
nope. Grown ass men playing video games is indeed embarrassing. With CFB 100% on that.

Celebrate diversity!
How open minded of you... :roll:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Celebrate diversity!
How open minded of you... :roll:
Yeah I don't really understand the ridicule here. Many video games these days are geared for adults. Its not much different than going to see a movie, its just that you are participating in the entertainment.

Ive actually found that many video game plots are better and more creative than anything coming out of Hollywood. They are actually quite original.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Woosh.. resort, soft course, silly season- no stakes and just 16 other guys- don't care if it was Jack and Arnie in their prime. This is a non-event, a fluff tourney- the furthest thing from a major championship. But Like I said, a subpar round and 11 fairways hit = 7 or 8 more majors for Tiger, IMO. He's "BACK" ...
Actually it isn't a soft resort course. You may want to look into that a little bit more. It was actually designed specifically for tournament play and played fairly hard. I love your "silly season" comment -- I guess you're a golf "purist"! And of curse competing and winning meant nothing to these top players, nothing at all.

I never said Woods is BACK. I'm just commenting on his ability after all of those surgeries to come back and play well for 4 days in a competitive environment. Haters gonna hate though.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Actually it isn't a soft resort course. You may want to look into that a little bit more. It was actually designed specifically for tournament play and played fairly hard. I love your "silly season" comment -- I guess you're a golf "purist"! And of curse competing and winning meant nothing to these top players, nothing at all.

I never said Woods is BACK. I'm just commenting on his ability after all of those surgeries to come back and play well for 4 days in a competitive environment. Haters gonna hate though.
The players-not me- said the course was soft and set up for scoring. When you have guys shoot 30 for nine holes and 61-63's then its not Shinnecock Hills, and you know this. Out of curiosity, what do you call a 17 person hand picked field, made for TV, unofficial event played after the tour championship during the wrap-around? What do you call that?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

The players-not me- said the course was soft and set up for scoring. When you have guys shoot 30 for nine holes and 61-63's then its not Shinnecock Hills, and you know this. Out of curiosity, what do you call a 17 person hand picked field, made for TV, unofficial event played after the tour championship during the wrap-around? What do you call that?
A club tournament?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

To be fair, Ricky did shoot a 28 on the front Sunday. (8 birdies, one par)

But they were all playing the same course, and Tiger was competitive.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

To be fair, Ricky did shoot a 28 on the front Sunday. (8 birdies, one par)

But they were all playing the same course, and Tiger was competitive.

Fowler putted lights out. 21 putts for 18 holes. Has nothing to do with course difficulty (wasn't he even on Saturday?)
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

How many 61s and 63s were there among the 72 rounds? It was a competitive tournament with the top players in the world participating. Who cares that there weren't another 100 guys playing? They're just filler. Marginal players filling out the field for two days before missing the cut.This was all quality guys.

What does the wrap around have to do with anything? I get it. You hate woods. Fine. No reason to trash a solid tournament.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

If he can play this well vs. a 17 man silly season field, 8 more majors is in play, IMHO... BACK[/quote]
Yep, a slack field. Dustin Johnson, Justin Thomas, Fowler, Stenson, Kuchar, Spieth, Hoffman, Matsuyama.. He clearly picked all the chumps to play.[/quote]

Woosh.. resort, soft course, silly season- no stakes and just 16 other guys- don't care if it was Jack and Arnie in their prime. This is a non-event, a fluff tourney- the furthest thing from a major championship. But Like I said, a subpar round and 11 fairways hit = 7 or 8 more majors for Tiger, IMO. He's "BACK" ...[/quote]

I never said Woods is BACK. I'm just commenting on his ability after all of those surgeries to come back and play well for 4 days in a competitive environment. Haters gonna hate though.[/quote]

The players-not me- said the course was soft and set up for scoring. When you have guys shoot 30 for nine holes and 61-63's then its not Shinnecock Hills, and you know this. Out of curiosity, what do you call a 17 person hand picked field, made for TV, unofficial event played after the tour championship during the wrap-around? What do you call that?[/quote]
How many 61s and 63s were there among the 72 rounds? It was a competitive tournament with the top players in the world participating. Who cares that there weren't another 100 guys playing? They're just filler. Marginal players filling out the field for two days before missing the cut.This was all quality guys.

What does the wrap around have to do with anything? I get it. You hate woods. Fine. No reason to trash a solid tournament.[/quote]

You CONTINUE to miss the point. The Pro Bowl has a lot of great NFL players in it too. But it has no impact on the "regular" season, no pressure, its a fluff trip, its for money. Henrick Stenson's wife caddied for him for the first time ever last week.. yeah, he was really trying to win/be on his game- lol. The Hero World Challenge is THE definition of a silly season made for TV event. Your fawning over Tiger doesn't change that. And if you can't tell the difference in difficulty beating 16 world class players vs. 100, then I can't help you.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

CFB is going to be so ready for Augusta next year. Can’t wait.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he can play this well vs. a 17 man silly season field, 8 more majors is in play, IMHO... BACK[/quote]
Yep, a slack field. Dustin Johnson, Justin Thomas, Fowler, Stenson, Kuchar, Spieth, Hoffman, Matsuyama.. He clearly picked all the chumps to play.[/quote]

Woosh.. resort, soft course, silly season- no stakes and just 16 other guys- don't care if it was Jack and Arnie in their prime. This is a non-event, a fluff tourney- the furthest thing from a major championship. But Like I said, a subpar round and 11 fairways hit = 7 or 8 more majors for Tiger, IMO. He's "BACK" ...[/quote]

I never said Woods is BACK. I'm just commenting on his ability after all of those surgeries to come back and play well for 4 days in a competitive environment. Haters gonna hate though.[/quote]

The players-not me- said the course was soft and set up for scoring. When you have guys shoot 30 for nine holes and 61-63's then its not Shinnecock Hills, and you know this. Out of curiosity, what do you call a 17 person hand picked field, made for TV, unofficial event played after the tour championship during the wrap-around? What do you call that?[/quote]

What does the wrap around have to do with anything? I get it. You hate woods. Fine. No reason to trash a solid tournament.[/quote]

You CONTINUE to miss the point. The Pro Bowl has a lot of great NFL players in it too. But it has no impact on the "regular" season, no pressure, its a fluff trip, its for money. Henrick Stenson's wife caddied for him for the first time ever last week.. yeah, he was really trying to win/be on his game- lol. The Hero World Challenge is THE definition of a silly season made for TV event. Your fawning over Tiger doesn't change that. And if you can't tell the difference in difficulty beating 16 world class players vs. 100, then I can't help you.[/quote]
jack-wad, I haven't fawned over Woods so at least try and get one or two facts straight. My comments are about the competitiveness of the event only. Your comparison to the pro-bowl is inane. In the pro-bowl the players aren't trying, they are playing with limited plays, and are restricted in what they can do (blitz, etc.). No such constraints last weekend.

The difference in beating 16 world class players and 100? I'll tell you. It's that the other 84 have little or no chance of competing for the win. That's a fact of life on the PGA tour.

Again with your silly season. I guess for you the "season" starts with the Masters and ends with the PGA, nothing else matters, correct? That tells me all I need to know about you and golf.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

133743Hokie wrote:

You CONTINUE to miss the point. The Pro Bowl has a lot of great NFL players in it too. But it has no impact on the "regular" season, no pressure, its a fluff trip, its for money. Henrick Stenson's wife caddied for him for the first time ever last week.. yeah, he was really trying to win/be on his game- lol. The Hero World Challenge is THE definition of a silly season made for TV event. Your fawning over Tiger doesn't change that. And if you can't tell the difference in difficulty beating 16 world class players vs. 100, then I can't help you.[/quote]
jack-wad, I haven't fawned over Woods so at least try and get one or two facts straight. My comments are about the competitiveness of the event only. Your comparison to the pro-bowl is inane. In the pro-bowl the players aren't trying, they are playing with limited plays, and are restricted in what they can do (blitz, etc.). No such constraints last weekend.

The difference in beating 16 world class players and 100? I'll tell you. It's that the other 84 have little or no chance of competing for the win. That's a fact of life on the PGA tour.

Again with your silly season. I guess for you the "season" starts with the Masters and ends with the PGA, nothing else matters, correct? That tells me all I need to know about you and golf.[/quote]

LOL - yep on the PGA tour ONLY the top players ever win.. lol - is that some kind of joke? We have had a dozen first time major winners over the past 4 years IIRC. You had no idea who Danny Willett was when he won the masters- none. Bubba and Phil had very off years in 2017, and were beaten many times by guys you call "filler". Bubba and Phil have 7 majors between them. Tiger has not been a factor on tour in 4 years- I guess he is "filler" too? and Tommy Fleetwood (I'm sure you have his trading card) won the race to dubai last year - the euro tour's top prize. I am a huge golf fan and follow the sport very closely...guess that means I'm a "Tiger hater" since I follow other golfers and other events besides his made for TV one. And as for your question... The "tour" starts when the official money events start (Duh) and it ends with the Tour Championship..99% of real golf fans will tell you that.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:CFB is going to be so ready for Augusta next year. Can’t wait.

I have been to Augusta in person and I watch the masters every year. I watch as much of it as I can. I watch a lot of golf overall. I watch more than one particular golfer though, so that makes me a hater.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:

I have been to Augusta in person and I watch the masters every year. I watch as much of it as I can. I watch a lot of golf overall. I watch more than one particular golfer though, so that makes me a hater.
Actually, your apparent ire for one particular golfer makes you a hater.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Actually, your apparent ire for one particular golfer makes you a hater.
I have said many times Tiger Woods is the second greatest golfer of all time. I respect his accomplishments, I love his "game", and I honestly would love to see him truly "back".. It's his fanbois that I hate. Not Tiger.. Its the clowns that say he was a good husband, not a sex addict, did not pop a bunch of pills and drive, and will win 8 majors after he is 41- just because. It's those yahoos that I hate, not Tiger.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:

Again with your silly season. I guess for you the "season" starts with the Masters and ends with the PGA, nothing else matters, correct? That tells me all I need to know about you and golf.[/quote]

The 84 most definitely have a chance. That’s incorrect.