Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

NFL to payout $100 Million to 'Social Justice'

Post by Techmomof2 »

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/11 ... surrender/

The NFL’s sellout to their anthem-protesting players is starting to look a lot more like a buyout. According to ESPN, the league will offer nearly $100 million to causes designed to promote “social justice change.”
In a move unlike anything seen from a major American sports league, the league will offer the money in hopes that it will end the ratings-killing protest movement begun by Colin Kaepernick in the preseason of 2016.

According to ESPN:

The NFL’s multifaceted offer earmarks at least $89 million over a seven-year period for both national and local projects, according to documents reviewed by ESPN. On the national level, owners this year will allocate $5 million, with their commitment growing annually and maxing out at $12 million per year from 2021 through 2023.

At the local level, owners will put up $250,000 annually and expect players to match that amount, totaling $500,000 for each team. Players and owners can exceed that amount if they choose, with no matching requirement. In addition, there would be other fundraising opportunities, including telethons and auctions of jerseys worn in games.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Re: NFL to payout $100 Million to 'Social Justice'

Post by HokieJoe »

I wouldn't give them one red cent.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Techmomof2 wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/11 ... surrender/

The NFL’s sellout to their anthem-protesting players is starting to look a lot more like a buyout. According to ESPN, the league will offer nearly $100 million to causes designed to promote “social justice change.”
In a move unlike anything seen from a major American sports league, the league will offer the money in hopes that it will end the ratings-killing protest movement begun by Colin Kaepernick in the preseason of 2016.

According to ESPN:

The NFL’s multifaceted offer earmarks at least $89 million over a seven-year period for both national and local projects, according to documents reviewed by ESPN. On the national level, owners this year will allocate $5 million, with their commitment growing annually and maxing out at $12 million per year from 2021 through 2023.

At the local level, owners will put up $250,000 annually and expect players to match that amount, totaling $500,000 for each team. Players and owners can exceed that amount if they choose, with no matching requirement. In addition, there would be other fundraising opportunities, including telethons and auctions of jerseys worn in games.

Antoine Bolden the leader of the player coalition was on espn today, he said they will keep fighting for racial equality, I wish the interviewer would have asked him if that meant more white players in the nfl.....equality, right?
TonyHokie
Party: Independent

Post by TonyHokie »

According to ESPN:

I have heard that the owners are paying for it by diverting money that would've been spent on Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the Recognition of Military Personnel Program.

That's going to ruffle a few feathers!
Joe Biden is a smart man's idea of a stupid man, a rich man's idea of a con artist, a strong man's idea of a weak man and a woman's idea of a pervert.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TonyHokie wrote:

According to ESPN:

I have heard that the owners are paying for it by diverting money that would've been spent on Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the Recognition of Military Personnel Program.

it already is, one of the ladies on the panel discussion was lamenting the source of the funds
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TonyHokie wrote:

According to ESPN:

it already is, one of the ladies on the panel discussion was lamenting the source of the funds
Hey, if the players want to have input on how the NFL charitable funds are spent, then they can take the flak for the outcome. They need to choose...breast cancer, support for military personnel, or social justice.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TonyHokie wrote:

According to ESPN:

Hey, if the players want to have input on how the NFL charitable funds are spent, then they can take the flak for the outcome. They need to choose...breast cancer, support for military personnel, or social justice.
from what I understand the TV networks are having to refund ad buys or give free commercials as the ratings are not close to what the ad buyers were promised...this gravy train is running into a rock wall soon.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

According to ESPN:

Antoine Bolden the leader of the player coalition was on espn today, he said they will keep fighting for racial equality, I wish the interviewer would have asked him if that meant more white players in the nfl.....equality, right?
Oh, if only someone would say that. Or to make things more equal, at least donate half of your salary to the inner city to really help someone.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I haven't been an NFL fan since approx 1976.
Eff em
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote:I haven't been an NFL fan since approx 1976.
Eff em
I haven’t watched a game all year. The interest in it has just sputtered and this bs was the nail in the coffin. CFB is sooooo much better.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:I haven't been an NFL fan since approx 1976.
Eff em
I haven’t watched a game all year. The interest in it has just sputtered and this bs was the nail in the coffin. CFB is sooooo much better.

Yep. I watched a 30 for 30 on Valvano on the woofpups recently though. Great episode. I remember following them the year they beat Phi Slamma. It marked the first year I was fully engaged with college BB.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson