Would this push Starbucks to throw tea into mall fountains?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Would this push Starbucks to throw tea into mall fountains?

Post by RiverguyVT »

(yeah, I'm patting myself on the back with that clever thread title)

Get it?

Seriously.. seems like an out of whack decision to me-

http://fortune.com/2017/12/04/simon-mal ... n-lawsuit/

Starbucks will now lurch sharply to the right, eschewing Yani CDs for fishing lures and ammo.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
133743Hokie

Re: Would this push Starbucks to throw tea into mall fountai

Post by 133743Hokie »

Shut down the store operation, still pay the lease. Nothing the courts can do.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:Shut down the store operation, still pay the lease. Nothing the courts can do.
depends on the language in the lease, it is not a free standing store so the mall operator may have put some language in there about operating unless bankrupt or something crazy
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Shut down the store operation, still pay the lease. Nothing the courts can do.
depends on the language in the lease, it is not a free standing store so the mall operator may have put some language in there about operating unless bankrupt or something crazy
Even if there is, courts typically have a hard time making a party do something (besides paying money damages) and are usually reluctant to enforce them.

I’m surprised that Starbucks would sign a lease that affirmatively required them to take any action except pay their rent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Even if there is, courts typically have a hard time making a party do something (besides paying money damages) and are usually reluctant to enforce them.

I’m surprised that Starbucks would sign a lease that affirmatively required them to take any action except pay their rent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, it is a strange case
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
Usually that kind of language would be for an anchor store, not a tea shop. The idea that Teavana is driving foot traffic is ridiculous. Having them close down isn't going to harm the malls from a foot traffic perspective.
You could argue that a Starbuck's coffee shop would be important, but not Teavana.