The Pope is recommending a change to the "Lord's Prayer"...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

The Pope is recommending a change to the "Lord's Prayer"...

Post by Major Kong »

Me? I have no problem with what he's saying. I understand what he's getting at.

I've got some friends and family though who are having a mega cow right now and I've just stayed out of it.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Re: The Pope is recommending a change to the "Lord's Prayer"

Post by Hokie CPA »

I can see what he's getting at. He makes sense. What I would like is for the next funeral I go to for them to give me a heads up as to whether we're reciting "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us," which is how we said it every single day at the Norfolk Academy and how I have recited it since I was in 8th grade, or "forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors" which is how my mother taught me when I was very young.

I like the trespasses version. It's what I've grown accustomed to. But they went with debts at my BIL's funeral and I was one of only a few in my immediate vicinity who said trespasses.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

miles

Post by miles »

He should recommend another line which says "and cast out the pedophiles, perverts, enablers, corrupt money grabbers, and politicians among us -your so-called priests, cardinals, and church officials."
:evil:
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I can see why he's getting at, but imagine various language translations may already address. Where the popeman may want to focus: What does the Bible say?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.