nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Good riddance to Congressman Franks

Post by nolanvt »

HokieFanDC wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:Discussed surrogacy? Meh, sorta dumb, but I wouldn't call it harassment.
Depends on the context of the conversation to what extent harassment it was. It’s certainly creepy to ask your subordinate to be a surrogate and is generally unacceptable behavior. That’s why he’s resigning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Balogney, unless he was making creepy passes at them (most people don't use the surrogate excuse) beside the fact that when you use a surrogate it is by artificial insemination. But these days anything can get your life destroyed, really stupid path we are taking

But as with every other case there needs to be some evidence as it is all speculation and who do you believe... psst.. people lie
He shouldn’t resign if he’s done nothing wrong.

Disagree.
If he says he didn't do anything wrong, and fights it, he'll spend weeks/months having it talked about on national news, people calling him names, etc. Anyone with other job opportunities should seriously consider not putting up with the nonsense of today's environment. To me, it shows that he cares about his family a lot.
If you choose to be a Congressman and your skin is so thin that you can’t defend yourself from not being in the wrong, maybe you do belong elsewhere. What’s likely more accurate is he couldn’t defend his inappropriate behavior.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:Discussed surrogacy? Meh, sorta dumb, but I wouldn't call it harassment.
Depends on the context of the conversation to what extent harassment it was. It’s certainly creepy to ask your subordinate to be a surrogate and is generally unacceptable behavior. That’s why he’s resigning.

Balogney, unless he was making creepy passes at them (most people don't use the surrogate excuse) beside the fact that when you use a surrogate it is by artificial insemination. But these days anything can get your life destroyed, really stupid path we are taking

But as with every other case there needs to be some evidence as it is all speculation and who do you believe... psst.. people lie

Disagree.
If he says he didn't do anything wrong, and fights it, he'll spend weeks/months having it talked about on national news, people calling him names, etc. Anyone with other job opportunities should seriously consider not putting up with the nonsense of today's environment. To me, it shows that he cares about his family a lot.
If you choose to be a Congressman and your skin is so thin that you can’t defend yourself from not being in the wrong, maybe you do belong elsewhere. What’s likely more accurate is he couldn’t defend his inappropriate behavior.

Maybe he didn't want his kids to have to hear all these negative things about the way they were conceived.
Who knows. I will say that the crap that some of them have to go through is ridiculous. If ppl weren't such a-holes to our congressmen, we might have better ones.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

That’s a stupid position. Take for example, Mitch Daniels. He would have made a great candidate for the Republicans, but he chose not to run because he didn’t want to put his close and extended family under the microscope of the liberal press. He had nothing to hide, but he chose to not run because of the screwed up press. In Mitch”s case, he did it to protect his wife, who’s had some depression issues in the past. He can handle the negative BS, but he didn’t want her to have to hear about it endlessly.

This guy may be doing the same thing.
nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Disagree.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:That’s a stupid position. Take for example, Mitch Daniels. He would have made a great candidate for the Republicans, but he chose not to run because he didn’t want to put his close and extended family under the microscope of the liberal press. He had nothing to hide, but he chose to not run because of the screwed up press. In Mitch”s case, he did it to protect his wife, who’s had some depression issues in the past. He can handle the negative BS, but he didn’t want her to have to hear about it endlessly.

You say this like you know exactly why he didn’t run.

Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

I actually know him. Does that help you? He’s now the President of Purdue.
nolanvt wrote:
Mcl3 Hokie wrote:That’s a stupid position. Take for example, Mitch Daniels. He would have made a great candidate for the Republicans, but he chose not to run because he didn’t want to put his close and extended family under the microscope of the liberal press. He had nothing to hide, but he chose to not run because of the screwed up press. In Mitch”s case, he did it to protect his wife, who’s had some depression issues in the past. He can handle the negative BS, but he didn’t want her to have to hear about it endlessly.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:I actually know him. Does that help you? He’s now the President of Purdue.
nolanvt wrote:

Nolan is a retard
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Yeah, this is definitely appropriate...

https://www.apnews.com/ca905b7b6e264683832a038521f5353f

You really think that's harassment?
Not harassment, but if they were employed under him at the time, it was inappropriate. There must be more to this if he's stepping aside IMO. Something doesn't quite add up.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:I actually know him. Does that help you? He’s now the President of Purdue.
nolanvt wrote:

This would be the most appropriate use of the "burn" emoji if there ever was one.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

nolanvt wrote:

He also knew he had zero chance to become President. That’s the main reason he didn’t run.

Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Mitch loves to play golf. That’s how I met him. When he was the Governor of Indiana, his group always went off first and the group I play in went second. He went first so it would be easier for his security detail. They’d follow behind him about 100 yards in a cart with several bags of “goodies” strapped on. We’d joke with the detail to show us what was in the bags, but they never would. Now that he’s just the President of Purdue, we go first and he goes second. Our course doesn’t have tee times, but we run open games at certain times.

Mitch is truly a nice guy.

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

This would be the most appropriate use of the "burn" emoji if there ever was one.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Yeah, this is definitely appropriate...

https://www.apnews.com/ca905b7b6e264683832a038521f5353f

You really think that's harassment?
Not harassment, but if they were employed under him at the time, it was inappropriate. There must be more to this if he's stepping aside IMO. Something doesn't quite add up.
Sounds like he met with the woman four or five times in private - office, car, etc., and offered her $5M to be the surrogate. Even had paperwork/contracts for her to look over, which she says she didn't. She kept saying no. Ultimately her work assignments diminished she claims. That seems awfully creepy to me. I can see why she felt uncomfortable.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

I think it is. This is her boss, who's asking for the use of her body with payment. If you're her, you're probably asking yourself questions like, "If I say no, will this impact my job?" It's totally inappropriate. The only way I could possibly see defending his actions is if she wasn't in his chain of command. But she clearly was. It is ludicrous to think that you'd ask a subordinate something like that.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Where does everyone stand on helicopter moms hocking their princess's girl scout cookies in the office? I think it almost rises to the same level.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:Where does everyone stand on helicopter moms hocking their princess's girl scout cookies in the office? I think it almost rises to the same level.
This one is simple. Don’t ask people personally, but leave the order form on a table for people to order if they wish.

Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

I think you’re dead wrong. Their were many people in the Republican Party that wanted him to run. He would have been the best candidate running. You know nothing about him. I think you feel an unhealthy position of not admitting you’re wrong.

nolanvt wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

He also knew he had zero chance to become President. That’s the main reason he didn’t run.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:I think you’re dead wrong. Their were many people in the Republican Party that wanted him to run. He would have been the best candidate running. You know nothing about him. I think you feel an unhealthy position of not admitting you’re wrong.
He wasn’t beating Trump. He would have went the way of Jeb! and Scott Walker early in the race.

Now, if he for some reason thought he had a legitimate chance to win, but didn’t run because of family issues as you claim to know about, then the country is best served by him not running. That’s not a shot at him necessarily. It takes a unique character and mental toughness to not only run, but be POTUS, including those closest to you sharing those traits. I disagree with DC when he says we treat our politicians too harshly. I want to see how they handle adversity because when the chips are down in crisis, I don’t want someone in there who is not among the elite in that aspect.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Where does everyone stand on helicopter moms hocking their princess's girl scout cookies in the office? I think it almost rises to the same level.
This one is simple. Don’t ask people personally, but leave the order form on a table for people to order if they wish.

...and what does that teach the girl scouts besides "mom will bail you out and do your work for you."?

Thats how you make snowflakes.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
Mcl3 Hokie wrote:I think you’re dead wrong. Their were many people in the Republican Party that wanted him to run. He would have been the best candidate running. You know nothing about him. I think you feel an unhealthy position of not admitting you’re wrong.
He wasn’t beating Trump. He would have went the way of Jeb! and Scott Walker early in the race.
...Says the guy who never thought Trump would win. I was hoping he would run, though Trump is the better outcome in hindsight.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:

Now, if he for some reason thought he had a legitimate chance to win, but didn’t run because of family issues as you claim to know about, then the country is best served by him not running. That’s not a shot at him necessarily. It takes a unique character and mental toughness to not only run, but be POTUS, including those closest to you sharing those traits. I disagree with DC when he says we treat our politicians too harshly. I want to see how they handle adversity because when the chips are down in crisis, I don’t want someone in there who is not among the elite in that aspect.

I'm filling this as another person in this thread whom you don't know about yet keep blabbering about.

#idiot
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

It's harassment, and I'm sure people feel pressured when it is their bosses daughter.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

I'm filling this as another person in this thread whom you don't know about yet keep blabbering about.

#idiot
I’m chalking this up as you agreeing with the content of my post and not having anything to counter, but feel the need to shout something anyway.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

...and what does that teach the girl scouts besides "mom will bail you out and do your work for you."?

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

#idiot
I’m chalking this up as you agreeing with the content of my post and not having anything to counter, but feel the need to shout something anyway.

That just shows your stupidity.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Don't melt.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Don't melt.
It's telling that Nolan is so useless that no one at work has offered him side work. Business is a lost art on him, what a loser.