Another Logan Act violation for DC to prosecute...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Another Logan Act violation for DC to prosecute...

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie

Re: Another Logan Act violation for DC to prosecute...

Post by 133743Hokie »

Yep. Is he trying to influence or undermine the Trump administrations policies in India? If so, we need a special prosecutor.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

133743Hokie wrote:Yep. Is he trying to influence or undermine the Trump administrations policies in India? If so, we need a special prosecutor.
Jon Gruden is available. :P
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Thanks for the shout out! And for the Cap'n Bullshirt 2 for 1. First, I said that I didn't think Flynn should be prosecuted under the Logan Act, multiple times.
Second, you put yourself firmly in the group of dimwits who can't understand the key distinction between Russia and India, with regard to the Logan Act.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Thanks for the shout out! And for the Cap'n Bullshirt 2 for 1. First, I said that I didn't think Flynn should be prosecuted under the Logan Act, multiple times.
Second, you put yourself firmly in the group of dimwits who can't understand the key distinction between Russia and India, with regard to the Logan Act.
You're a complete fool on this, no idea what you're talking about. Tell us Dipshit, what's the difference between Russia and India in regards to the Logan Act. And give us your laughable interpretation of it again, for laughs of course.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Addressing your first point: :lol:

Addressing the second: *Reads Logan act* Nope, don't see the India exemption!

Clearly, you don't understand the legislation. Hopefully we can all find common ground there.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
You're a complete fool on this, no idea what you're talking about. Tell us Dipshit, what's the difference between Russia and India in regards to the Logan Act. And give us your laughable interpretation of it again, for laughs of course.
We went through this in a previous thread and you assured me you understood.

But, unlike USN, I can actually explain what I mean, because I'm not making it up.

Here is the pertinent text, "foreign governments having a dispute with the United States."

And the key word is dispute. The existence of sanctions on Russia is the difference. Your welcome.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
I'm wondering where he's going with this myself. My money is on "Brown people couldn't possibly influence US policy".
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

But, unlike USN, I can actually explain what I mean, because I'm not making it up.

Here is the pertinent text, "foreign governments having a dispute with the United States."

And the key word is dispute. The existence of sanctions on Russia is the difference. Your welcome.
LOL, you're a grade A idiot. Sanctions aren't a proxy for sanctions. We have sanctions against many nations anyway, including India for their nuclear tests. Make up another poorly thought out argument as this one is poorly thought out.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
I'm wondering where he's going with this myself. My money is on "Brown people couldn't possibly influence US policy".
It's Russia!
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Clearly, you don't understand the legislation. Hopefully we can all find common ground there.
You have a horrible memory, on subjects you want to ignore.

"I don't think he should be indicted on what he did"

http://www.uwsboard.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 75#p208342

I also said this, "meaning that I don't think Flynn should have been charged with a violation."

Your smiley face is just your symbol for "I'm FOS".
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

LOL, you're a grade A idiot. Sanctions aren't a proxy for sanctions. We have sanctions against many nations anyway, including India for their nuclear tests. Make up another poorly thought out argument as this one is poorly thought out.
Holy derptard Batman. 2001 called and wants it's India sanctions reinstated.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

All it takes is a "dispute", right Legal Beagle for Google University? And then 0 contact from any American.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

All it takes is a "dispute", right Legal Beagle for Google University? And then 0 contact from any American.
You're babbling and should have just quit after you called me an idiot, and then brought up sanctions that ended 16 years ago as proof. The text of the Logan Act uses the term dispute. I don't know every disagreement that falls under that term, but sanctions certainly are. And no, it's not zero Americans (you made that up), it's Americans not authorized by the government to negotiate the "dispute ".
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

You're babbling and should have just quit after you called me an idiot, and then brought up sanctions that ended 16 years ago as proof. The text of the Logan Act uses the term dispute. I don't know every disagreement that falls under that term, but sanctions certainly are. And no, it's not zero Americans (you made that up), it's Americans not authorized by the government to negotiate the "dispute ".
LOL, I'm the only coherent one here in mocking your absurd legal opinion. Just admit that you're FOS, it's what you're saying without saying it.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

LOL, I'm the only coherent one here in mocking your absurd legal opinion. Just admit that you're FOS, it's what you're saying without saying it.
What legal opinion do you disagree with? And what is wrong with it?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:LOL, you're a grade A idiot. Sanctions aren't a proxy for sanctions. We have sanctions against many nations anyway, including India for their nuclear tests. Make up another poorly thought out argument as this one is poorly thought out.
That should be obvious.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Good grief, with the name-calling.

:cry: :oops:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Worst violation of the Logan Act I can think of is John Kerry, the North Vietnamese, in Paris
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I also said this, "meaning that I don't think Flynn should have been charged with a violation."

My memory is just fine, thanks. I'm making fun of your assertion that Flynn was in violation of the Logan Act - but then, you knew that.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:Worst violation of the Logan Act I can think of is John Kerry, the North Vietnamese, in Paris
That or Ted *huccup* Kennedy. DC doesn't get upset over those because his television doesn't tell him to. :mrgreen:
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

My memory is just fine, thanks. I'm making fun of your assertion that Flynn was in violation of the Logan Act - but then, you knew that.
You used the word prosecution, I just assumed you meant what you wrote.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: You used the word prosecution, I just assumed you meant what you wrote.
Your logic would also require me to think you were a federal prosecutor.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
That should be obvious.
And yet, you can't put it into words.
The only thing that's obvious is that in your last attempt to tell me what was wrong, your evidence was sanctions that were lifted 16 years ago. I'll remain skeptical until you can provide something even remotely relevant.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Addressing your first point: [emoji38]

He started off claiming it's illegal for a US citizen to talk with a foreign government. Google searches keep morphing and shifting his misunderstanding of this.