CNN Walks Back Another "Bombshell"

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

CNN Walks Back Another "Bombshell"

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Just fake news after fake news from this network. I wonder how many people hear these fake news stories, then never hear the "correction" and walk around believing these lies? And why are these "mistakes" never in Trump's favor? They are ALWAYS stories that are designed to hurt Trump.

================================

CNN Walks Back Jeff Sessions-Russia Bombshell
Amber Athey
11:29 AM 12/11/2017

CNN has quietly walked back more of their “bombshell” reporting on the Trump-Russia collusion narrative, and this time it’s a story relating to Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ security clearance forms.

In May, CNN reported that Sessions had failed to disclose meetings he had with the Russian ambassador when he was a senator. Justice Department officials told CNN that Sessions had not listed those meetings on a security clearance form, even though the form says to list “any contact” with the “foreign government” or its “representatives” in the past seven years.

CNN framed the non-disclosures as more evidence of collusion between Russia and the Trump team, writing, “He has come under withering criticism from Democrats following revelations that he did not disclose the same contacts with Kislyak during his Senate confirmation hearings earlier this year.”

At the time, Sessions said he was told by the FBI not to list meetings “connected with his Senate activities,” but CNN’s legal expert denied those claims.

“A legal expert who regularly assists officials in filling out the form disagrees with the Justice Department’s explanation, suggesting that Sessions should have disclosed the meetings,” CNN asserted.

The CNN report led to breathless coverage by the rest of the legacy media, who painted the non-disclosures as a Trump official trying to hide problematic meetings with the Russians.

However, CNN admitted early Monday that FBI emails prove that Sessions’ explanation for the non-disclosures is accurate.

“A newly released document shows that the FBI told an aide to Attorney General Jeff Sessions that Sessions wasn’t required to disclose foreign contacts that occurred in the course of carrying out his government duties when he was a senator,” CNN’s Evan Perez wrote in the new piece.

Monday’s article indicates that Sessions was following what the FBI told him and was not intentionally trying to mislead the DOJ about his meetings with Russians.

Just this past Friday, CNN had to correct another “bombshell” report that claimed Donald Trump Jr. had advance access to Wikileaks documents stolen from the Democrats.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/11/cnn-w ... bombshell/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: CNN Walks Back Another "Bombshell"

Post by awesome guy »

I think DC is their legal export. "Well, Wikipedia says .... so therefore...."
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Re: CNN Walks Back Another

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:I think DC is their legal export. "Well, Wikipedia says .... so therefore...."
Hey there, AG is calling me out!!! Ouchy. Why don't you give us all a discourse on the non-existent India sanctions you cited as proof that I was wrong??
Derp.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I think DC is their legal export. "Well, Wikipedia says .... so therefore...."
Hey there, AG is calling me out!!! Ouchy. Why don't you give us all a discourse on the non-existent India sanctions you cited as proof that I was wrong??
Derp.
That's not the only sanction you dope. The point was we have sanctions against pretty much everyone. There's no such thing as nation we're not in dispute with.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN0ZO1I1
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Derp.
That's not the only sanction you dope. The point was we have sanctions against pretty much everyone. There's no such thing as nation we're not in dispute with.

So, when you said we had sanctions against India related to nuclear testing, you really meant the great 2016 chicken leg dispute, in which no sanctions were imposed. Shifting sands...right!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Derp.

So, when you said we had sanctions against India related to nuclear testing, you really meant the great 2016 chicken leg dispute, in which no sanctions were imposed. Shifting sands...right!
I thought I left it at sanctions since there are several. Anyway, your ability to miss a point is remarkable.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Derp.
Dude, as you have proclaimed you are an expert on everything and everyone else is just back woods idiots (who love their confederate flag) derp

It must be special to be sooo much smarter than everyone else.

partisan douchebaggery aside
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Derp.

I thought I left it at sanctions since there are several. Anyway, your ability to miss a point is remarkable.
I understand your point, it just underscores your continued inability to comprehend the Logan Act.
Specifically, this part, "intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States."

Flynn was discussing specific sanctions. Unless you think Obama was discussing chicken leg sanctions with India, the tweet about Obama and India is off the mark, as I've already stated several times.

Not sure why you can't let this one go.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Derp.
Dude, as you have proclaimed you are an expert on everything and everyone else is just back woods idiots (who love their confederate flag) derp

Actually, you proclaimed that. Don't pull me into your silliness.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Derp.

I understand your point, it just underscores your continued inability to comprehend the Logan Act.
Specifically, this part, "intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States."

Flynn was discussing specific sanctions. Unless you think Obama was discussing chicken leg sanctions with India, the tweet about Obama and India is off the mark, as I've already stated several times.
Shifting sands. Your argument is an invertebrate without a spin. It's amusing that you're trying to lecture as you learn in parallel.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Derp.

Actually, you proclaimed that. Don't pull me into your silliness.
sure.. got it