Yeah Id say a "#MeToo" backlash is coming...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Yeah Id say a "#MeToo" backlash is coming...

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

There is just WAY too many of these sexual harassment allegations all of a sudden. The idea that people are guilty until proven innocent just flies in the face of our founding principle.

What are we, living in Salem MA in 1667? You can just accuse someone of something and they get burned at the stake? I don't think so. A backlash is coming and rightfully so.

=========================================

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ken-216057

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
cwtcr hokie

Re: Yeah Id say a "#MeToo" backlash is coming...

Post by cwtcr hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:There is just WAY too many of these sexual harassment allegations all of a sudden. The idea that people are guilty until proven innocent just flies in the face of our founding principle.

What are we, living in Salem MA in 1667? You can just accuse someone of something and they get burned at the stake? I don't think so. A backlash is coming and rightfully so.

oh hell yea, I have been saying since this crap started that to protect yourself do not interact with females and never be alone with them... you have to protect yourself. This will set back women but they have brought this on themselves. Being rude or trying to make a joke or touching a shoulder is not sexual harassment, except it is today. Two adults having sexual relations is not sexual assault.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Yeah Id say a "#MeToo" backlash is coming...

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:There is just WAY too many of these sexual harassment allegations all of a sudden. The idea that people are guilty until proven innocent just flies in the face of our founding principle.

oh hell yea, I have been saying since this crap started that to protect yourself do not interact with females and never be alone with them... you have to protect yourself. This will set back women but they have brought this on themselves. Being rude or trying to make a joke or touching a shoulder is not sexual harassment, except it is today. Two adults having sexual relations is not sexual assault.
I think the backlash is going to be on the credibility of women. Like blacks crying racism, women crying abuse is mostly a lie.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Re: Yeah Id say a

Post by cwtcr hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I think the backlash is going to be on the credibility of women. Like blacks crying racism, women crying abuse is mostly a lie.
Yes, it will be harder for people that actually do have real issues