Had a sad conversation with my sister who lives in C'ville

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
WestEndHokie39

Had a sad conversation with my sister who lives in C'ville

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

She was a principal at an elementary school, but took on another role this year because she clashed with her boss almost daily.

Anyway, she told me that they were having a significant issue with kids calling other kids "white supremacists". I didn't have the opportunity to get details, but I think it's fair to assume that some kids didn't agree with a) removing statues and/or b) denying freedom of speech. How sad that "progressive" parents and the leftistt media are brainwashing kids of this age to be so narrow minded and hateful.
oaktonhokie

Re: Had a sad conversation with my sister who lives in C'vil

Post by oaktonhokie »

I guess it’s not bullying because, you know...

WestEndHokie39 wrote:She was a principal at an elementary school, but took on another role this year because she clashed with her boss almost daily.

Anyway, she told me that they were having a significant issue with kids calling other kids "white supremacists". I didn't have the opportunity to get details, but I think it's fair to assume that some kids didn't agree with a) removing statues and/or b) denying freedom of speech. How sad that "progressive" parents and the leftistt media are brainwashing kids of this age to be so narrow minded and hateful.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

How much longer until Richmond's monuments come down?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

RiverguyVT wrote:How much longer until Richmond's monuments come down?
That is not going to happen anytime soon due to financial constraints. The school system is scrambling for funding so the mayor has tabled it for now.

A brave SJW warrior has proposed changing the names of Lee Davis High School and Stonewall Jackson Middle School. We will see how that goes.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:She was a principal at an elementary school, but took on another role this year because she clashed with her boss almost daily.

Sounds like Hillvillian's kids
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:How much longer until Richmond's monuments come down?
Within a year I expect. City council already wants them down. The mayor has a commission investigating options so the council is going to wait until that report comes out. Several of the statues themselves are actually owned by the state. The city requires state permission to remove them. I expect that a bill will be introduced at net months General Assembly session to cede that control to the local jurisdiction. Then the dominoes will fall.