A lot of concern over at TSL about the death of Net...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
TheH2

Re: A lot of concern over at TSL about the death of Net...

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:I wouldn't call the economy "amazing" just yet. However, net neutrality as an issue, a year from now, will probably be less on soccer mom voter minds than other things. We are an ADD nation, chasing shiny objects (Russia! Diet Coke!) and rarely focus on what really matters (debt).
Economy is doing just as well as it's done over the past few years.
Nice selective data capture! Who knew that over the prior 13 quarters Obama had 3 better quarters. But man, that rollercoaster dip of his can be a bitch.
I could have used job growth. It's the same story. It's bigger than our president too. I'm pretty lazy so that is just the graph available on bea.gov. I didn't feel like going into their archaic tools to select a different time period.
People who know, know.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

BG Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:I wouldn't call the economy "amazing" just yet. However, net neutrality as an issue, a year from now, will probably be less on soccer mom voter minds than other things. We are an ADD nation, chasing shiny objects (Russia! Diet Coke!) and rarely focus on what really matters (debt).
Yup. This is a non issue except for mouth breathers living in their moms basements and will do zip in the coming midterms. The internet wasn’t broken before.........then government wanted to get involved.
It screws the consumer. But, yeah, go Republicans great job on this one!
No it doesn't
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Economy is doing just as well as it's done over the past few years.
Nice selective data capture! Who knew that over the prior 13 quarters Obama had 3 better quarters. But man, that rollercoaster dip of his can be a bitch.
And, here's the link for "my" selective data capture:
https://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/glance.htm
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Haven't been able to go through the whole thread, but I assume that IP, sticking to his libertarian principles, supports this. It's great when we can find common ground, IP. Cheers.

For those who have doubts, Ben Shapiro broke the issue down pretty well on his podcast:

(skip ahead to 2:20)
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
Yup. This is a non issue except for mouth breathers living in their moms basements and will do zip in the coming midterms. The internet wasn’t broken before.........then government wanted to get involved.
Please explain and provide examples of how consumers were getting screwed prior to net neutrality. And then explain how net neutrality corrected the "screwing." TIA.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
Please explain and provide examples of how consumers were getting screwed prior to net neutrality. And then explain how net neutrality corrected the "screwing." TIA.
I'm pretty sure most people fall into one of these categories:
1) Don't know or care about net neutrality.
2) Know about net neutrality, and have an opinion, but haven't seen any change in their internet experience, good or bad, from the day it was implemented.

Bottom line, they were trying to attack a problem that didn't exist.