More revisionist history by the left...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

More revisionist history by the left...

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Either that or just plain ignorance. Either way, more proof that you just can't trust anything these bastards says.

Did you know that George Wallace was a Republican? Along with Bull Connor? That the KKK was a Republican movement? That the Civil War was started because of slavery? All these fascinating facts and more can be found in today's episode of:

=============================

PBS's Costa Wrongly Suggests George Wallace Was a Republican
By Brad Wilmouth | December 15, 2017 10:41 PM EST

Some liberal journalists just can't get the notion out of their minds that George Wallace was a Republican, even though the former segregationist governor of Alabama was a lifelong Democrat. On Friday's Washington Week on PBS, host Robert Costa -- also a Washington Post reporter -- suggested that Wallace was a part of the Republican party's "past" as he recalled that some black voters in Alabama are worried about the direction the GOP is taking. Costa:
I spoke to a lot of African-American voters when I was down there, Jeff, and they said that they're worried that the Republican Party -- broadly speaking -- is turning back to its past. They cited the former governor of Alabama, George Wallace, a segregationist, and they say, in Roy Moore -- sometimes even in President Trump -- they hear echoes of a past that makes them uncomfortable.
Not one of the four panel members jumped in to correct the suggestion that Wallace was ever a Republican as CNN's Jeff Zeleny, CBS's Nancy Cordes, NBC's Kristen Welker, and Vice News's Shawna Thomas got their turns to speak. Cordes suggested that the RNC would be hurt by their decision to fund Roy Moore as she vaguely claimed he had made racist comments the week before the special election. Cordes:
And I do think that the fact that the RNC decided at the end to get back into this race and back Roy Moore is a decision that is going to haunt them because -- had they not done that -- people could have said, "Well, this is the President popping off and he's impulsive -- of course he couldn't resist backing Roy Moore, but the party doesn't believe in someone like Roy Moore who has espoused racist views as recently as last week of the race." But because the RNC did get back in and support him financially, it's much more difficult for Republicans to make that case.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/br ... republican

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: More revisionist history by the left...

Post by awesome guy »

1 idiot here thinks the Washington Post didn't report on the BS Roy Moore molesting a 14 year old story. There's no fix for stupid.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Slavery was cited in all but one states’ Articles of Secession. Not sure how any educated person could state that it wasn’t a significant factor in starting the Civil War.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:Slavery was cited in all but one states’ Articles of Secession. Not sure how any educated person could state that it wasn’t a significant factor in starting the Civil War.

What does that have to do with the lie that George Wallace was a Republican?
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

awesome guy wrote:1 idiot here thinks the Washington Post didn't report on the BS Roy Moore molesting a 14 year old story. There's no fix for stupid.
They absolutely printed negative stories about Moore (along with other Republicans) with ZERO skepticism. Even when the accuser's attorney is Gloria Allred! Of course later (after the damage was done) we found out that woman forged Moore's signature in her yearbook.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... bf3778f34e

If that doesn't make a newspaper take pause, then nothing will. But that's par for the course for the far left Bezos Post whose slogan suddenly became "Democracy dies in darkness" the day Trump won. Why was that not important under Obama????

P.S. Someone should tell the Post we are not a Democracy.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Slavery was cited in all but one states’ Articles of Secession. Not sure how any educated person could state that it wasn’t a significant factor in starting the Civil War.

What does that have to do with the lie that George Wallace was a Republican?
Read Uppity’s second paragraph.

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Why are you misquoting me? Do you think the Civil War was started over slavery, yes or no?

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Why are you misquoting me? Do you think the Civil War was started over slavery, yes or no?
It was a significant factor, yes.

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Thanks for the non-answer. That is not THE reason it wast started.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Go ahead and downplay its role if you want. I will continue to understand how it was a major catalyst for starting the war.

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Go ahead and downplay its role if you want. I will continue to understand how it was a major catalyst for starting the war.

Sure, go ahead with your simplistic understanding of a complicated issue. It's easier than thinking.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

You tell him! He and his history books have no place in your mind!
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Sure, go ahead with your simplistic understanding of a complicated issue. It's easier than thinking.
I also did not state that slavery was the only cause, but it was a significant factor.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Look at that. An Unusual derailing a thread to get off topic.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Either that or just plain ignorance. Either way, more proof that you just can't trust anything these bastards says.

Did you know that George Wallace was a Republican? Along with Bull Connor? That the KKK was a Republican movement? That the Civil War was started because of slavery? All these fascinating facts and more can be found in today's episode of:

Some liberal journalists just can't get the notion out of their minds that George Wallace was a Republican, even though the former segregationist governor of Alabama was a lifelong Democrat. On Friday's Washington Week on PBS, host Robert Costa -- also a Washington Post reporter -- suggested that Wallace was a part of the Republican party's "past" as he recalled that some black voters in Alabama are worried about the direction the GOP is taking. Costa:
I spoke to a lot of African-American voters when I was down there, Jeff, and they said that they're worried that the Republican Party -- broadly speaking -- is turning back to its past. They cited the former governor of Alabama, George Wallace, a segregationist, and they say, in Roy Moore -- sometimes even in President Trump -- they hear echoes of a past that makes them uncomfortable.
Not one of the four panel members jumped in to correct the suggestion that Wallace was ever a Republican as CNN's Jeff Zeleny, CBS's Nancy Cordes, NBC's Kristen Welker, and Vice News's Shawna Thomas got their turns to speak. Cordes suggested that the RNC would be hurt by their decision to fund Roy Moore as she vaguely claimed he had made racist comments the week before the special election. Cordes:
And I do think that the fact that the RNC decided at the end to get back into this race and back Roy Moore is a decision that is going to haunt them because -- had they not done that -- people could have said, "Well, this is the President popping off and he's impulsive -- of course he couldn't resist backing Roy Moore, but the party doesn't believe in someone like Roy Moore who has espoused racist views as recently as last week of the race." But because the RNC did get back in and support him financially, it's much more difficult for Republicans to make that case.

Yep, that's stupid. As stupid as thinking that the Civil War wasn't about slavery. The racism of the 1800 and 1900s wasn't split on political lines, it was split geographically. Only partisan hacks try to frame it differently.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Either that or just plain ignorance. Either way, more proof that you just can't trust anything these bastards says.

Yep, that's stupid. As stupid as thinking that the Civil War wasn't about slavery. The racism of the 1800 and 1900s wasn't split on political lines, it was split geographically. Only partisan hacks try to frame it differently.
BS. You're FOS
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Yes.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:

Correct. The south remains more racist.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Correct. The south remains more racist.

[emoji90][emoji90]
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieFanDC wrote:

I don’t see why southerners can’t come to grips with the fact that slavery was a major reason for the Civil War.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

I don’t see why southerners can’t come to grips with the fact that slavery was a major reason for the Civil War.

Because we're educated and you're from an illegitimate state that trails the nation in education.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Because we're educated and you're from an illegitimate state that trails the nation in education.
If you were educated, you would know that slavery was a major factor in starting the Civil War.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

If you were educated, you would know that slavery was a major factor in starting the Civil War.

I am educated and so don't say ignorant things like you are here. That poor WV education is on display, they should have sent you into a mine.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

I am educated and so don't say ignorant things like you are here. That poor WV education is on display, they should have sent you into a mine.
As opposed to Danville, where you sit drunk on the front porch next to the refrigerator waiting for the next welfare check.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: Yep, that's stupid. As stupid as thinking that the Civil War wasn't about slavery. The racism of the 1800 and 1900s wasn't split on political lines, it was split geographically. Only partisan hacks try to frame it differently.

As opposed to Danville, where you sit drunk on the front porch next to the refrigerator waiting for the next welfare check.

They ship meth to Manchester HS.