More revisionist history by the left...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: More revisionist history by the left...

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote: I don’t see why southerners can’t come to grips with the fact that slavery was a major reason for the Civil War.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because we're educated and you're from an illegitimate state that trails the nation in education.
If you were educated, you would know that slavery was a major factor in starting the Civil War.

I am educated and so don't say ignorant things like you are here. That poor WV education is on display, they should have sent you into a mine.
As opposed to Danville, where you sit drunk on the front porch next to the refrigerator waiting for the next welfare check.

They ship meth to Manchester HS.
That would be one of the more productive things they do.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Because we're educated and you're from an illegitimate state that trails the nation in education.
If you were educated, you would know that slavery was a major factor in starting the Civil War.

I am educated and so don't say ignorant things like you are here. That poor WV education is on display, they should have sent you into a mine.
As opposed to Danville, where you sit drunk on the front porch next to the refrigerator waiting for the next welfare check.

They ship meth to Manchester HS.
That would be one of the more productive things they do.

Manchester loves drugs, bunch of losers.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
Why should they have sent me into a coal mine if mining and miners are good?

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I'm sure that made sense to you
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

Southern concern over the abolition of slavery caused secession. Secession caused the War. Some folks like to skip the middle man and just say that slavery caused the war, but that's simply not the case. The War would never have happened without secession. Slavery had been a thing in the colonies and US for 200 years by then and never once cause a war. Secession was the culprit and arguing otherwise is quite short-sighted.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:Southern concern over the abolition of slavery caused secession. Secession caused the War. Some folks like to skip the middle man and just say that slavery caused the war, but that's simply not the case. The War would never have happened without secession. Slavery had been a thing in the colonies and US for 200 years by then and never once cause a war. Secession was the culprit and arguing otherwise is quite short-sighted.
[emoji106][emoji106]

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

You said I should have been sent into the mine as if that’s a bad thing or something. Maybe you’ll determine what you actually meant after you sober up.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

You said I should have been sent into the mine as if that’s a bad thing or something. Maybe you’ll determine what you actually meant after you sober up.

You're the one drunk. You should be in a mine because of your weak mind. You ain't got what it takes to make it outside of manual labor. The fact that you missed this is proof of it being correct.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

You're the one drunk. You should be in a mine because of your weak mind. You ain't got what it takes to make it outside of manual labor. The fact that you missed this is proof of it being correct.
If I'm weak-minded, you should contact NASBA and inform them to up the difficulty of the CPA exam since I passed all four parts on the first try.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

If I'm weak-minded, you should contact NASBA and inform them to up the difficulty of the CPA exam since I passed all four parts on the first try.
You're incredibly weak minded. You should be swinging a pick axe for a living. Total idiot.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:If I'm weak-minded, you should contact NASBA and inform them to up the difficulty of the CPA exam since I passed all four parts on the first try.
You're incredibly weak minded. You should be swinging a pick axe for a living. Total idiot.[/quote]

What I'm enjoying about your meltdown the most is that you're disparaging Trump voters without realizing it. This is why I love UWS.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote: What I'm enjoying about your meltdown the most is that you're disparaging Trump voters without realizing it. This is why I love UWS.
You're just making my point for me.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Sad how Nolan is too drunk to use reply with quotes. Must have been another rough week of mistakes and write-ups at the office.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Either that or just plain ignorance. Either way, more proof that you just can't trust anything these bastards says.

Did you know that George Wallace was a Republican? Along with Bull Connor? That the KKK was a Republican movement? That the Civil War was started because of slavery? All these fascinating facts and more can be found in today's episode of:

=============================

PBS's Costa Wrongly Suggests George Wallace Was a Republican
By Brad Wilmouth | December 15, 2017 10:41 PM EST

Some liberal journalists just can't get the notion out of their minds that George Wallace was a Republican, even though the former segregationist governor of Alabama was a lifelong Democrat. On Friday's Washington Week on PBS, host Robert Costa -- also a Washington Post reporter -- suggested that Wallace was a part of the Republican party's "past" as he recalled that some black voters in Alabama are worried about the direction the GOP is taking. Costa:
I spoke to a lot of African-American voters when I was down there, Jeff, and they said that they're worried that the Republican Party -- broadly speaking -- is turning back to its past. They cited the former governor of Alabama, George Wallace, a segregationist, and they say, in Roy Moore -- sometimes even in President Trump -- they hear echoes of a past that makes them uncomfortable.
Not one of the four panel members jumped in to correct the suggestion that Wallace was ever a Republican as CNN's Jeff Zeleny, CBS's Nancy Cordes, NBC's Kristen Welker, and Vice News's Shawna Thomas got their turns to speak. Cordes suggested that the RNC would be hurt by their decision to fund Roy Moore as she vaguely claimed he had made racist comments the week before the special election. Cordes:
And I do think that the fact that the RNC decided at the end to get back into this race and back Roy Moore is a decision that is going to haunt them because -- had they not done that -- people could have said, "Well, this is the President popping off and he's impulsive -- of course he couldn't resist backing Roy Moore, but the party doesn't believe in someone like Roy Moore who has espoused racist views as recently as last week of the race." But because the RNC did get back in and support him financially, it's much more difficult for Republicans to make that case.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/br ... republican
Yep, that's stupid. As stupid as thinking that the Civil War wasn't about slavery. The racism of the 1800 and 1900s wasn't split on political lines, it was split geographically. Only partisan hacks try to frame it differently.
I don’t see why southerners can’t come to grips with the fact that slavery was a major reason for the Civil War.

The problem you have is that northerners owned slaves too. Lots of them.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Either that or just plain ignorance. Either way, more proof that you just can't trust anything these bastards says.

Did you know that George Wallace was a Republican? Along with Bull Connor? That the KKK was a Republican movement? That the Civil War was started because of slavery? All these fascinating facts and more can be found in today's episode of:

Some liberal journalists just can't get the notion out of their minds that George Wallace was a Republican, even though the former segregationist governor of Alabama was a lifelong Democrat. On Friday's Washington Week on PBS, host Robert Costa -- also a Washington Post reporter -- suggested that Wallace was a part of the Republican party's "past" as he recalled that some black voters in Alabama are worried about the direction the GOP is taking. Costa:
I spoke to a lot of African-American voters when I was down there, Jeff, and they said that they're worried that the Republican Party -- broadly speaking -- is turning back to its past. They cited the former governor of Alabama, George Wallace, a segregationist, and they say, in Roy Moore -- sometimes even in President Trump -- they hear echoes of a past that makes them uncomfortable.
Not one of the four panel members jumped in to correct the suggestion that Wallace was ever a Republican as CNN's Jeff Zeleny, CBS's Nancy Cordes, NBC's Kristen Welker, and Vice News's Shawna Thomas got their turns to speak. Cordes suggested that the RNC would be hurt by their decision to fund Roy Moore as she vaguely claimed he had made racist comments the week before the special election. Cordes:
And I do think that the fact that the RNC decided at the end to get back into this race and back Roy Moore is a decision that is going to haunt them because -- had they not done that -- people could have said, "Well, this is the President popping off and he's impulsive -- of course he couldn't resist backing Roy Moore, but the party doesn't believe in someone like Roy Moore who has espoused racist views as recently as last week of the race." But because the RNC did get back in and support him financially, it's much more difficult for Republicans to make that case.

Yep, that's stupid. As stupid as thinking that the Civil War wasn't about slavery. The racism of the 1800 and 1900s wasn't split on political lines, it was split geographically. Only partisan hacks try to frame it differently.
I don’t see why southerners can’t come to grips with the fact that slavery was a major reason for the Civil War.

Whatever that means and whatever your point is?

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Government broadcasting wants Wallace to have been an R?
LOL

Not shocking
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Depends on what you mean by lots. In 1820, there were 1.5M slaves in the US. 1.26M in the south, and 0.27M in the north. And every northern state had laws in place forbidding new slaves, and a plan in place to get rid of current slaves. Saying that the north and south were even remotely similar is....revisionist history.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

270,000!?
''Tis a lot!
Salute the Marines
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:270,000!?
''Tis a lot!
Ok, so then what do you consider 1.3m, compared to 0.27m?
And the point of this is that he is trying to portray the slave situation in the north and south as similar. It wasn't even remotely similar.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Correct. The south remains more racist.

and on cue the biggest racist on the planet chimes in
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

so did I
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote: Why should they have sent me into a coal mine if mining and miners are good?

so did I
That hurts Nolan. Have to give cwtcr credit for a good one here.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:270,000!?
''Tis a lot!
Ok, so then what do you consider 1.3m, compared to 0.27m?
And the point of this is that he is trying to portray the slave situation in the north and south as similar. It wasn't even remotely similar.
I consider it not quite 5x as many... which is surprising since 1860s Confederacy probably had more than 5x the acreage the north did, dedicated to agriculture. Hmmm. This would imply, on one level, the north's penchant for indentured servitude exceeded the south's.

Of course, this is a silly point of no consequence.

279,000....1,300,000... it's like being 2 months pregnant or 8 months pregnant. There's no such thing as being "a little bit pregnant" just as there's no such thing as 270,000 slaves being okay since it wasn't 1,300,000.
Salute the Marines
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

{quote="cwtcr hokie"]
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

so did I[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Uncle Fester, for a dumb guy, I sure have lots of nice toys and nice stuff..... guess I was just super lucky. Enjoy your 600 sf apt
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:{quote="cwtcr hokie"]
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote: Why should they have sent me into a coal mine if mining and miners are good?

so did I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Uncle Fester, for a dumb guy, I sure have lots of nice toys and nice stuff..... guess I was just super lucky. Enjoy your 600 sf apt[/quote]

Bless your heart.