More revisionist history by the left...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieFanDC

Re: More revisionist history by the left...

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:270,000!?
''Tis a lot!
Ok, so then what do you consider 1.3m, compared to 0.27m?
And the point of this is that he is trying to portray the slave situation in the north and south as similar. It wasn't even remotely similar.
I consider it not quite 5x as many... which is surprising since 1860s Confederacy probably had more than 5x the acreage the north did, dedicated to agriculture. Hmmm. This would imply, on one level, the north's penchant for indentured servitude exceeded the south's.

Of course, this is a silly point of no consequence.

279,000....1,300,000... it's like being 2 months pregnant or 8 months pregnant. There's no such thing as being "a little bit pregnant" just as there's no such thing as 270,000 slaves being okay since it wasn't 1,300,000.
Lol. I agree, and the north agreed. That's why the northern states, all of them, put laws in place to stop slave imports, free children of slaves and gradually emancipate all slaves. The treatment of slaves and the attitude toward slaves, was completely different on the north and south. Comparing it to pregnancy is silly.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
''Tis a lot!
And the point of this is that he is trying to portray the slave situation in the north and south as similar. It wasn't even remotely similar.
I consider it not quite 5x as many... which is surprising since 1860s Confederacy probably had more than 5x the acreage the north did, dedicated to agriculture. Hmmm. This would imply, on one level, the north's penchant for indentured servitude exceeded the south's.

279,000....1,300,000... it's like being 2 months pregnant or 8 months pregnant. There's no such thing as being "a little bit pregnant" just as there's no such thing as 270,000 slaves being okay since it wasn't 1,300,000.
Lol. I agree, and the north agreed. That's why the northern states, all of them, put laws in place to stop slave imports, free children of slaves and gradually emancipate all slaves. The treatment of slaves and the attitude toward slaves, was completely different on the north and south. Comparing it to pregnancy is silly.
We can argue about treatment & attitude.
(I thought you'd like my "little bit pregnant" comparison!) :)
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
''Tis a lot!

We can argue about treatment & attitude.
(I thought you'd like my "little bit pregnant" comparison!) :)
I think child discipline would have been better. North is 5 minutes in timeout, South is Adrian Peterson.
:mrgreen:
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
''Tis a lot!

So the north was "aborting" slaves using the morning after pill for the children?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
''Tis a lot!

So the north was "aborting" slaves using the morning after pill for the children?
:?: :?: :?: :?: