Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Goochland: Owner ripped to pieces by miniature dachshunds

Post by USN_Hokie »

http://wtvr.com/2017/12/15/bethany-step ... nd-county/

Agnew described the scene as one of the most grisly he has seen in his 40 years of law enforcement.

“It was very clear the woman in the woods had suffered severe injuries consistent with being mauled by these dogs,” Agnew said.

The sheriff said that according to a preliminary report from the medical examiner, Stephens two pit bulls, each weighing about the same amount as her, 125 pounds, killed their owner.

“There were no strangulation marks, the victim had puncture wounds in the skull and this was not a homicide,” Agnew said.

A man who used to work with Stephens at a dog training facility told CBS 6 that Stephens was very experienced working with animals, and loved her dogs.

He said she had one of them named “Tonk” for a while, and he could not imagine him doing this to her.

He said the other one was newer, but he thought it came from the same litter.

nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Goochland: Owner ripped to pieces by miniature dachshun

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr will soon inform us that other breeds bite as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Sad story. A few years ago, my wife worked in a traumatic brain injury unit at the local hospital. She cared for a little boy (4 or 5 years old) was in there recovering from brain surgery to remove a cancerous tumor. She would take him gifts and did everything she could to make him feel better. The little boy battled and beat the cancer.

Just a few days ago she got a message on FB from his mother. Apparently this little boy was out walking in his neighborhood when 3 dogs got out of a neighbor's house and attacked and killed him. It not clear what kind of dogs they were, but I'm going to guess they were not pugs or dashounds.

http://wkrn.com/2017/12/02/8-year-old-s ... h-by-dogs/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Sad story. A few years ago, my wife worked in a traumatic brain injury unit at the local hospital. She cared for a little boy (4 or 5 years old) was in there recovering from brain surgery to remove a cancerous tumor. She would take him gifts and did everything she could to make him feel better. The little boy battled and beat the cancer.

Just a few days ago she got a message on FB from his mother. Apparently this little boy was out walking in his neighborhood when 3 dogs got out of a neighbor's house and attacked and killed him. It not clear what kind of dogs they were, but I'm going to guess they were not pugs or dashounds.

Sad. You're going to be shocked to hear this, but I googled it and the 911 dispatch call describes 2 pit bulls and 1 German Shepherd.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1bGVzNJ1ydO
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Sad story. A few years ago, my wife worked in a traumatic brain injury unit at the local hospital. She cared for a little boy (4 or 5 years old) was in there recovering from brain surgery to remove a cancerous tumor. She would take him gifts and did everything she could to make him feel better. The little boy battled and beat the cancer.

Sad. You're going to be shocked to hear this, but I googled it and the 911 dispatch call describes 2 pit bulls and 1 German Shepherd.

Yep, I told my wife when it happened that I bet pit bulls (or a pit bull mix) was involved.

Perhaps pit bulls are just as likely to be mean as other breeds, I don't know. But the problem is, if they are mean the consequences are far more severe than most other breeds. If you scored this on an FMEA, I'm pretty sure pit bulls would come out as a red risk, whereas most other breeds would be yellow or green. In fact, if people took an FMEA approach to dogs, I'm guessing that almost no one would want to own or live near a pit bull.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote: In fact, if people took an FMEA approach to dogs, I'm guessing that almost no one would want to own or live near a pit bull.
I think a very large percentage of Pit Bull owners get them *because* they're dangerous.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Yep, I told my wife when it happened that I bet pit bulls (or a pit bull mix) was involved.

Perhaps pit bulls are just as likely to be mean as other breeds, I don't know. But the problem is, if they are mean the consequences are far more severe than most other breeds. If you scored this on an FMEA, I'm pretty sure pit bulls would come out as a red risk, whereas most other breeds would be yellow or green. In fact, if people took an FMEA approach to dogs, I'm guessing that almost no one would want to own or live near a pit bull.
I don’t know anything about FMEA, but cwtcr was once bit by a cocker spaniel and all dogs have teeth. deal with that excrement. Next.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

USN_Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote: In fact, if people took an FMEA approach to dogs, I'm guessing that almost no one would want to own or live near a pit bull.
I think a very large percentage of Pit Bull owners get them *because* they're dangerous.
they are ghetto dogs owned by and large by uneducated people. Fact. No strawman or anecdote will change that.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I don’t know anything about FMEA, but cwtcr was once bit by a cocker spaniel and all dogs have teeth. deal with that excrement. Next.

not worth the discussion with you, you won't discuss and you do not comprehend. Sorry dogs bite and their are really bad owners out there. Then again people kill and there are some really bad parents out there
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

not worth the discussion with you, you won't discuss and you do not comprehend. Sorry dogs bite and their are really bad owners out there. Then again people kill and there are some really bad parents out there
Exactly. Thats why labs are equivalent to pit bulls. What is there to discuss? Next.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
they are ghetto dogs owned by and large by uneducated people. Fact. No strawman or anecdote will change that.
Yep. I'm not trying to besmirch the deceased, but the "sleeve" tattoos on the young lady weren't surprising.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

USN_Hokie wrote:http://wtvr.com/2017/12/15/bethany-step ... nd-county/

Agnew described the scene as one of the most grisly he has seen in his 40 years of law enforcement.

“It was very clear the woman in the woods had suffered severe injuries consistent with being mauled by these dogs,” Agnew said.

The sheriff said that according to a preliminary report from the medical examiner, Stephens two pit bulls, each weighing about the same amount as her, 125 pounds, killed their owner.

“There were no strangulation marks, the victim had puncture wounds in the skull and this was not a homicide,” Agnew said.

A man who used to work with Stephens at a dog training facility told CBS 6 that Stephens was very experienced working with animals, and loved her dogs.

He said she had one of them named “Tonk” for a while, and he could not imagine him doing this to her.

My opinion is evolving:

People who know, know.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

TheH2 wrote:

My opinion is evolving:

Eh. Friendly Pit bulls are like responsible gun owners.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote: Eh. Friendly Pit bulls are like responsible gun owners.

More law abiding than the average citizen? I guess you're technically correct since a pit bull can't break a law as a dog, per se.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

My opinion is evolving:

85 murders in charlotte this year so far, yep, talk nice and wait for the cops......then they can bring the van for your dead body. Again, you can't discuss anything, not worth the effort
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

My opinion is evolving:

lol.
People who know, know.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

My opinion is evolving:

85 murders in charlotte this year so far, yep, talk nice and wait for the cops......then they can bring the van for your dead body. Again, you can't discuss anything, not worth the effort
Then why do you reply?

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Yep. I'm not trying to besmirch the deceased, but the "sleeve" tattoos on the young lady weren't surprising.
Maybe they triggered the dog?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote: My opinion is evolving:

I took your response as TIC, but the loved and well trained pit bulls were found by the police eating her rib cage when they found her.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/19/de ... -says.html
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

My opinion is evolving:

Then why do you reply?

there is always hope that you can actually have an adult conversation
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

USN_Hokie wrote:

I took your response as TIC, but the loved and well trained pit bulls were found by the police eating her rib cage when they found her.

No, I was serious. The quotes about the dog and owner from a trainer are insightful.
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

No, I was serious. The quotes about the dog and owner from a trainer are insightful.
You think somebody who trains pitbulls is going to say something bad about pit bulls? Hell it could be seen as a liability if he said anything different.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

You think somebody who trains pitbulls is going to say something bad about pit bulls? Hell it could be seen as a liability if he said anything different.
He should. His statement is an indictment of pit bulls. These are (were) great dogs with a great owner and they still killed the owner.
People who know, know.