Panthers owner putting team up for sale

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Panthers owner putting team up for sale

Post by nolanvt »

Earlier this past week, he was accused of sexual misconduct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Re: Panthers owner putting team up for sale

Post by Hokie CPA »

Wish Danny Snyder would put his team up for sale, except with my luck some PC asshōle will buy them and change the name, pissing away 80+ years of valuable goodwill.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Hokie CPA wrote:Wish Danny Snyder would put his team up for sale, except with my luck some PC asshōle will buy them and change the name, pissing away 80+ years of valuable goodwill.
It can’t get much worse, unless you get one of them Haslam fraudsters.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

This guy’s a nutcase.

https://www.si.com/jerry-richardson-car ... acial-slur

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

HRC can buy the Redskins and just change the name to Reds. :D
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:Wish Danny Snyder would put his team up for sale, except with my luck some PC asshōle will buy them and change the name, pissing away 80+ years of valuable goodwill.
I’d take a new name if it meant we got rid of snyder
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

nolanvt wrote:Earlier this past week, he was accused of sexual misconduct.

Sounds like they'd have a Clippers situation on their hands if all of the details get out. You can't own an NFL team and be dropping the N word.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ElbertoHokie wrote:

Sounds like they'd have a Clippers situation on their hands if all of the details get out. You can't own an NFL team and be dropping the N word.
Maybe... But your players can say it loudly to each other throughout the game and in the locker room.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

Maybe... But your players can say it loudly to each other throughout the game and in the locker room.
Do as I say, not as I do.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

Do as I say, not as I do.
Principals, not principles...just follow any discussion with contributions from ip, nolan, and Elberto...as long as the right people are being harmed by their Badthink, it's totes awesome. No logical or intellectual consistency...
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

I've never been sexually assaulted by an NFL owner, so I don't believe the accusation.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:

I've never been sexually assaulted by an NFL owner, so I don't believe the accusation.
Yeah, but a Hardee's manager...?

:D
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:

Do you know Richardson, the dude had to get a heart transplant. He was pretty sick before the heart deal but since it the rumors are that he got mean as hell. He fired his own kids and his will says that when he dies the team MUST be sold within 1 year. So the team sale was in the plans for a long time now. As for the allegations he has been in business a long time and his own sons can't even work for him so I imagine he is not the easiest guy to get along with. Add that he is old south and in his very elderly age so did he get pissed and call someone something, possible but I am betting that most of his employees have felt his wrath before, many more after the heart transplant. As for the sexual stuff sorry, he may have made some jokes or something that offended somebody but considering his health and his age I seriously doubt he is banging or fondling the office staff
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Sean Colmes wants to buy them, hire Kaepernick, and rename them the Black Panthers.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... rnick.html

Please, please, please make this happen. :lol:
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Do you know Richardson, the dude had to get a heart transplant. He was pretty sick before the heart deal but since it the rumors are that he got mean as hell. He fired his own kids and his will says that when he dies the team MUST be sold within 1 year. So the team sale was in the plans for a long time now. As for the allegations he has been in business a long time and his own sons can't even work for him so I imagine he is not the easiest guy to get along with. Add that he is old south and in his very elderly age so did he get pissed and call someone something, possible but I am betting that most of his employees have felt his wrath before, many more after the heart transplant. As for the sexual stuff sorry, he may have made some jokes or something that offended somebody but considering his health and his age I seriously doubt he is banging or fondling the office staff
What does he being “old South” have to do with anything? What are you suggesting?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

What does he being “old South” have to do with anything? What are you suggesting?

he probably called somebody "boy" or used "colored", you have to go to the locker room to hear trigger thrown around willy nilly
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

he probably called somebody "boy" or used "colored", you have to go to the locker room to hear trigger thrown around willy nilly
I agree that him being southern makes it more likely that he used racially offensive language.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
miles

Post by miles »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Put down the koolade, take off your Panthers Scam Newton jersey and check the facts. Richardson's boys were not fired because dad was merely an asshole. Mark Richardson is/was a self entitled spoiled rich brat who while married chased pussy snorted coke drove drunk and tried to exert more control of the organization than his late brother, John in a toxic jealous rivalry. John Richardson started off as President of the Panthers micro managing operations. He fired the groundscrew, led by legendary George Toma who was recruited from Kansas City. Richardson thought he could save a few dollars and diy. That was a major flukup which led to an emergency resod which was poorly done and factored famously in the catastrophic injury to no 1 draft pick Dan Morgan which ruined his career. Those are just a couple of lowlights. Plenty more.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

miles wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Put down the koolade, take off your Panthers Scam Newton jersey and check the facts. Richardson's boys were not fired because dad was merely an asshole. Mark Richardson is/was a self entitled spoiled rich brat who while married chased pussy snorted coke drove drunk and tried to exert more control of the organization than his late brother, John in a toxic jealous rivalry. John Richardson started off as President of the Panthers micro managing operations. He fired the groundscrew, led by legendary George Toma who was recruited from Kansas City. Richardson thought he could save a few dollars and diy. That was a major flukup which led to an emergency resod which was poorly done and factored famously in the catastrophic injury to no 1 draft pick Dan Morgan which ruined his career. Those are just a couple of lowlights. Plenty more.
It is long known he is not the friendliest fellow on the planet, working for him is also not easy. It is all rather dumb tho as it is in his will that the team has to be sold upon his death and being financially smart now is the best time to sell. Value on the panthers is super high, having a great year and my guess is the values on the NFL teams fall in future years as the tv contracts get adjusted to the new reality
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

I agree that him being southern makes it more likely that he used racially offensive language.

funny as hell coming from the biggest racist I know
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

I'd suggest that groping an employee's tits, while insisting on "buckling her in" is sexual harassment.

Having witnesses to asking female employees to shake their jeans-clad asses is also harassment, witnessed.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Uh...no.
I encountered more racism in CT than I ever did in VA. And it isn't even close.
Salute the Marines
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

For a New Yorker you don't know much about how blacks are treated and disparaged to this day up there, do you?
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

For a New Yorker you don't know much about how blacks are treated and disparaged to this day up there, do you?
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

I'd suggest that groping an employee's tits, while insisting on "buckling her in" is sexual harassment.

Having witnesses to asking female employees to shake their jeans-clad asses is also harassment, witnessed.
I have not heard any of the actual claims.....how old are they? in recent times it would take a tractor trailer load of viagra for him to even stir if ya know what I mean. I have no idea what he has done and don't care. 10 or 15 more men were told to exit the earth due to their incredibly bad treatment of women just since last Thursday. For your first claim did he actually grope someone or brush by them? What was the relationship before that occurred? For the shake their asses, ever seen the top cats? (team chearleaders/ dance team)

fyi, I have not made a decision on guilt/innocence, don't have any facts yet. But accusations are all anybody needs so he is guilty. Travis Smiley actually addressed it this morning on GMA and he makes a ton of sense......does not matter though, he is a perv darn it, he was accused!!!!