War on Christmas: Left now pushing gay Santa

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

War on Christmas: Left now pushing gay Santa

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Right, there's no war on Christmas (wink wink). But if that's true, then why does the left feel the need to appropriate (to borrow a term) a traditional Christian symbol and make him something completely unchristian? Why not come up with your own traditions????

===============================

CNN Hypes Children's Book Portraying Santa Claus As a Gay Man
By Brad Wilmouth | December 17, 2017 12:17 PM EST

On CNN's New Day Sunday, the show devoted a four-minute segment to the new children's book, Santa's Husband, which portrays Santa Claus as a gay man who gets married to another man. The segment included as guests the author, Daniel Kibblesmith, and illustrator Ashley Quach, with Kibblesmith recalling that he was partially inspired to write the book because of the complaints that are made each year about a "war on Christmas."

At 6:12 a.m. ET, CNN co-anchor Christi Paul plugged the interview: "There's a new children's book out this Christmas -- takes us inside Santa's wedding. We meet Santa's husband David. We're going to talk to the author and illustrator ahead."

In the second plug at 6:51 a.m. ET, Paul and co-host Victor Blackwell vaguely admitted that some are "not so happy" about the book:
PAUL: Still ahead, a holiday children's book tells the story of Santa Claus with a fresh, new twist. There are some families, though, not so happy about the book's maybe not so hidden agenda.

VICTOR BLACKWELL: Yeah, they call it a political agenda. We have the author and the illustrator here with us live to talk about their new book, Santa's Husband.
Minutes later, Blackwell introduced the segment:
Close your eyes -- close your eyes with me and think of Santa and his spouse. Now, open them. This is the cover of the new book. Is this the image that popped in your head? This the cover of Santa's Husband, a new children's book that hits stores nationwide this holiday season.
After Blackwell asked the author what "inspired" him to write the book, Kibblesmith brought up talk of a fake "war on Christmas" as he answered:
It was sort of inspired by the annual tradition we have in this country of pretending that there's a giant war on Christmas, and that traditional Christmas is under attack. So, among other things, we were reading all of the news about the Mall of America hiring a black Santa Claus last year.

And me and my now-wife made a joke on Twitter that, if we ever had a child, they would only know about black Santa Claus -- and if they saw a white Santa Claus at the mall, we would just explain, "Well, that's his husband." And then Ashley and I knew each other from the internet and from her illustration already, and she jumped into my Twitter mentions and said, "Boom -- new book."
In his third and final question, Blackwell finally brought up criticism of the book, although he oddly cited a response from a gay man who complained about the book being "patronizing" and "polarizing." Blackwell:
You know this is a lot for some parents -- some people may not agree with it. Let me read one of the criticisms here.

"I'm a gay man, and honestly the book is pretty patronizing and obviously meant to take two sweet things, the image of Santa Claus and love between two adults, and use them as a tool to express a political opinion in a polarizing way -- especially the news anchor scene -- in the guise of a children's book. I find it overall patronizing, and I'm a little disgusted that the authors obviously used homosexuality as a political weapon to make a political statement under the cover of children."

Listen, the elves have health care coverage, they settle labor disputes, you address climate change, Rudolph and Frosty attend Santa and David's wedding. I mean, are you using a children's book to push a political ideology, Daniel?
Not mentioned was the more obvious conservative complaint about using a children's book to promote homosexual behavior to children.

Below is a transcript of the relevant portions of the December 17, New Day Sunday on CNN:
6:12 a.m. ET

CHRISTI PAUL: There's a new children's book out this Christmas -- takes us inside Santa's wedding. we meet Santa's husband David. We're going to talk to the author and illustrator ahead.

(...)

6:51 a.m. ET

PAUL: Still ahead, a holiday children's book tells the story of Santa Claus with a fresh, new twist. There are some families, though, not so happy about the book's maybe not so hidden agenda.

VICTOR BLACKWELL: Yeah, they call it a political agenda. We have the author and the illustrator here with us live to talk about their new book, Santa's Husband.

(...)

6:56 a.m. ET

BLACKWELL: Well, with the Christmas holiday right around the corner, millions of people are getting really into the spirit with thoughts of family and gifts and, of course, Santa Claus.

PAUL: So do us a favor here. Victor had a very good idea.

BLACKWELL: Close your eyes -- close your eyes with me and think of Santa and his spouse. Now, open them. This is the cover of the new book. Is this the image that popped in your head? This the cover of Santa's Husband, a new children's book that hits stores nationwide this holiday season. And, joining me now, the author, Daniel Kibblesmith, and illustrator Ashley Quach. Good morning. So --

DANIEL KIBBLESMITH, AUTHOR OF SANTA'S HUSBAND: Hey, good morning, thanks for having us.

BLACKWELL: Certainly, thank you for coming in. This is new. Daniel, first to you. What inspired Santa's Husband.

KIBBLESMITH: Uh, well, it was sort of inspired by the annual tradition we have in this country of pretending that there's a giant war on Christmas, and that traditional Christmas is under attack. So, among other things, we were reading all of the news about the Mall of America hiring a black Santa Claus last year.

And me and my now wife made a joke on Twitter that, if we ever had a child, they would only know about black Santa Claus -- and if they saw a white Santa Claus at the mall, we would just explain, "Well, that's his husband." And then Ashley and I knew each other from the internet and from her illustration already, and she jumped into my Twitter mentions and said, "Boom -- new book."

BLACKWELL: Yeah, and it's out now, available everywhere actually. So let me read a couple of pages here. It says, "Like any married couple, they have their disagreements, but they all manage to kiss and make up, usually over a plate of milk and cookies." I'll read one of the online responses, too.

I'm African-American -- my family collects black Santa figures. but I grew up never seeing black Santas in the mall or on TV. Now that my nephew is two, he's starting to understand the idea of Santa, and this book lets him know that Santa isn't just the old white fellow he sees in the mall. The real Santa looks more like him, and that's kind of cool.

Ashley, important for children to see themselves?

[ASHLEY QUACH, ILLUSTRATOR OF SANTA'S HUSBAND]

BLACKWELL: You know this is a lot for some parents -- some people may not agree with it. Let me read one of the criticisms here.

I'm a gay man, and honestly the book is pretty patronizing and obviously meant to take two sweet things, the image of Santa Claus and love between two adults, and use them as a tool to express a political opinion in a polarizing way -- especially the news anchor scene -- in the guise of a children's book. I find it overall patronizing, and I'm a little disgusted that the authors obviously used homosexuality as a political weapon to make a political statement under the cover of children.

Listen, the elves have health care coverage, they settle labor disputes, you address climate change, Rudolph and Frosty attend Santa and David's wedding. I mean, are you using a children's book to push a political ideology, Daniel?

KIBBLESMITH: Well, I think that's a legitimate criticism. I mean, I'm literally on the news anchor scene now, but, you know, that's just the world that we come from. I'm a political satire writer. So when, you know, I have the opportunity to write a book, these are the things that I care about and that I'm interested in. My only real response to that, I think, is that we're trying to put a net positive into the world and contribute to a vacuum of representation. But these are obviously our views -- they're not everybody's views, and we're just flattered that the response has been so overwhelmingly positive so far.

BLACKWELL: All right, Daniel Kibblesmith and Ashley Quach, thank you so much.
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/br ... us-gay-man

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
UpstateSCHokie

Re: War on Christmas: Left now pushing gay Santa

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Sodomite Santa:

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

They are mentally ill- seriously. A "fictional" character- and old fat guy with a beard that children love..has to be gay now? unreal
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

CFB Apologist wrote:They are mentally ill- seriously. A "fictional" character- and old fat guy with a beard that children love..has to be gay now? unreal
Kinda makes sense, Santa would be a pedophile and so also queer as most are.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Wait a second. People are upset that a made up character was amended even further?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:Wait a second. People are upset that a made up character was amended even further?

You have a knack for turning any subject into something utterly stupid.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:Wait a second. People are upset that a made up character was amended even further?

No, people aren't "upset" at some loonies acting like Santa is gay. They are simply commenting on it and how stupid it is. The world population is 97% heterosexual. Chances are the old fat bearded christian dude is straight. Overwhelmingly in terms of odds.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Picture of what gay Santa might look like:
richard_harris_dumbledore.jpg
richard_harris_dumbledore.jpg (47.23 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:Picture of what gay Santa might look like:
richard_harris_dumbledore.jpg
Haha
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

LOL
Yeah, that's it. :roll:
:lol:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Made up? Made up!? Are you trying to tell me that Santa Claus isn't real!?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Right, there's no war on Christmas (wink wink). But if that's true, then why does the left feel the need to appropriate (to borrow a term) a traditional Christian symbol and make him something completely unchristian? Why not come up with your own traditions????

===============================

CNN Hypes Children's Book Portraying Santa Claus As a Gay Man
By Brad Wilmouth | December 17, 2017 12:17 PM EST

On CNN's New Day Sunday, the show devoted a four-minute segment to the new children's book, Santa's Husband, which portrays Santa Claus as a gay man who gets married to another man. The segment included as guests the author, Daniel Kibblesmith, and illustrator Ashley Quach, with Kibblesmith recalling that he was partially inspired to write the book because of the complaints that are made each year about a "war on Christmas."

At 6:12 a.m. ET, CNN co-anchor Christi Paul plugged the interview: "There's a new children's book out this Christmas -- takes us inside Santa's wedding. We meet Santa's husband David. We're going to talk to the author and illustrator ahead."

In the second plug at 6:51 a.m. ET, Paul and co-host Victor Blackwell vaguely admitted that some are "not so happy" about the book:

Minutes later, Blackwell introduced the segment:
Close your eyes -- close your eyes with me and think of Santa and his spouse. Now, open them. This is the cover of the new book. Is this the image that popped in your head? This the cover of Santa's Husband, a new children's book that hits stores nationwide this holiday season.
After Blackwell asked the author what "inspired" him to write the book, Kibblesmith brought up talk of a fake "war on Christmas" as he answered:
It was sort of inspired by the annual tradition we have in this country of pretending that there's a giant war on Christmas, and that traditional Christmas is under attack. So, among other things, we were reading all of the news about the Mall of America hiring a black Santa Claus last year.

And me and my now-wife made a joke on Twitter that, if we ever had a child, they would only know about black Santa Claus -- and if they saw a white Santa Claus at the mall, we would just explain, "Well, that's his husband." And then Ashley and I knew each other from the internet and from her illustration already, and she jumped into my Twitter mentions and said, "Boom -- new book."
In his third and final question, Blackwell finally brought up criticism of the book, although he oddly cited a response from a gay man who complained about the book being "patronizing" and "polarizing." Blackwell:
You know this is a lot for some parents -- some people may not agree with it. Let me read one of the criticisms here.

"I'm a gay man, and honestly the book is pretty patronizing and obviously meant to take two sweet things, the image of Santa Claus and love between two adults, and use them as a tool to express a political opinion in a polarizing way -- especially the news anchor scene -- in the guise of a children's book. I find it overall patronizing, and I'm a little disgusted that the authors obviously used homosexuality as a political weapon to make a political statement under the cover of children."

Not mentioned was the more obvious conservative complaint about using a children's book to promote homosexual behavior to children.

Below is a transcript of the relevant portions of the December 17, New Day Sunday on CNN:
6:12 a.m. ET

CHRISTI PAUL: There's a new children's book out this Christmas -- takes us inside Santa's wedding. we meet Santa's husband David. We're going to talk to the author and illustrator ahead.

(...)

6:51 a.m. ET

(...)

6:56 a.m. ET

BLACKWELL: Well, with the Christmas holiday right around the corner, millions of people are getting really into the spirit with thoughts of family and gifts and, of course, Santa Claus.

PAUL: So do us a favor here. Victor had a very good idea.

BLACKWELL: Close your eyes -- close your eyes with me and think of Santa and his spouse. Now, open them. This is the cover of the new book. Is this the image that popped in your head? This the cover of Santa's Husband, a new children's book that hits stores nationwide this holiday season. And, joining me now, the author, Daniel Kibblesmith, and illustrator Ashley Quach. Good morning. So --

DANIEL KIBBLESMITH, AUTHOR OF SANTA'S HUSBAND: Hey, good morning, thanks for having us.

BLACKWELL: Certainly, thank you for coming in. This is new. Daniel, first to you. What inspired Santa's Husband.

KIBBLESMITH: Uh, well, it was sort of inspired by the annual tradition we have in this country of pretending that there's a giant war on Christmas, and that traditional Christmas is under attack. So, among other things, we were reading all of the news about the Mall of America hiring a black Santa Claus last year.

And me and my now wife made a joke on Twitter that, if we ever had a child, they would only know about black Santa Claus -- and if they saw a white Santa Claus at the mall, we would just explain, "Well, that's his husband." And then Ashley and I knew each other from the internet and from her illustration already, and she jumped into my Twitter mentions and said, "Boom -- new book."

BLACKWELL: Yeah, and it's out now, available everywhere actually. So let me read a couple of pages here. It says, "Like any married couple, they have their disagreements, but they all manage to kiss and make up, usually over a plate of milk and cookies." I'll read one of the online responses, too.

I'm African-American -- my family collects black Santa figures. but I grew up never seeing black Santas in the mall or on TV. Now that my nephew is two, he's starting to understand the idea of Santa, and this book lets him know that Santa isn't just the old white fellow he sees in the mall. The real Santa looks more like him, and that's kind of cool.

Ashley, important for children to see themselves?

[ASHLEY QUACH, ILLUSTRATOR OF SANTA'S HUSBAND]

BLACKWELL: You know this is a lot for some parents -- some people may not agree with it. Let me read one of the criticisms here.

I'm a gay man, and honestly the book is pretty patronizing and obviously meant to take two sweet things, the image of Santa Claus and love between two adults, and use them as a tool to express a political opinion in a polarizing way -- especially the news anchor scene -- in the guise of a children's book. I find it overall patronizing, and I'm a little disgusted that the authors obviously used homosexuality as a political weapon to make a political statement under the cover of children.

KIBBLESMITH: Well, I think that's a legitimate criticism. I mean, I'm literally on the news anchor scene now, but, you know, that's just the world that we come from. I'm a political satire writer. So when, you know, I have the opportunity to write a book, these are the things that I care about and that I'm interested in. My only real response to that, I think, is that we're trying to put a net positive into the world and contribute to a vacuum of representation. But these are obviously our views -- they're not everybody's views, and we're just flattered that the response has been so overwhelmingly positive so far.

BLACKWELL: All right, Daniel Kibblesmith and Ashley Quach, thank you so much.
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/br ... us-gay-man
Stupid book. Who cares.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:

No, people aren't "upset" at some loonies acting like Santa is gay. They are simply commenting on it and how stupid it is. The world population is 97% heterosexual. Chances are the old fat bearded christian dude is straight. Overwhelmingly in terms of odds.
I’m not sure how changing an already fictional character is something to get pissed about.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

I’m not sure how changing an already fictional character is something to get pissed about.

Just add it to the list
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Santa Claus might be gay. He only hired elves in tights....Image

“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Then there's no damage done by leaving Santa 'the fictional character' heterosexual then.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Then there's no damage done by leaving Santa 'the fictional character' heterosexual then.
There’s also no damage done by changing an already fictional character as well.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

[emoji23]
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Do you live your entire life thinking about things only from your own perspective?

He's a fictional character to adults, but to little kids he's very real. So to say changing his characteristics does not do damage is BS.

Many parents like to allow their kids to believe in Santa, and most of them do not want to have to explain what a gay Santa is. When I'm talking about Santa with my kids, I don't want to have to answer questions about why Santa likes a D up his ass. I don't want to discuss any sexual stuff when it comes to Santa. Having to get into that kind of stuff with kids can be confusing and damaging.

Why do you guys feel the need to bring this SJW agenda sh!t into traditions that are for little kids?

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Do you live your entire life thinking about things only from your own perspective?

He's a fictional character to adults, but to little kids he's very real. So to say changing his characteristics does not do damage is BS.

Many parents like to allow their kids to believe in Santa, and most of them do not want to have to explain what a gay Santa is. When I'm talking about Santa with my kids, I don't want to have to answer questions about why Santa likes a D up his ass. I don't want to discuss any sexual stuff when it comes to Santa. Having to get into that kind of stuff with kids can be confusing and damaging.

Why do you guys feel the need to bring this SJW agenda sh!t into traditions that are for little kids?
I don’t particularly give a excrement what anyone makes of a fictional character, so feel free to carry on your outrage. And I also seriously doubt Santa is being portrayed as having gay sex in settings that are for children’s viewing.

Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Nolan : And I also seriously doubt Santa is being portrayed as having gay sex in settings that are for children’s viewing.

I guess you missed the part where this is in a children's book?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:Nolan : And I also seriously doubt Santa is being portrayed as having gay sex in settings that are for children’s viewing.

Nolan misses most everything.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:Nolan : And I also seriously doubt Santa is being portrayed as having gay sex in settings that are for children’s viewing.

Are you suggesting Santa is having sex in a children’s book?

Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

The gay Santa isn't gay because he's happy. How else are you gay? The mere fact that its in a children's book just pushes gay sex onto children.
nolanvt wrote:

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:The gay Santa isn't gay because he's happy. How else are you gay? The mere fact that its in a children's book just pushes gay sex onto children.
nolanvt wrote:

It’s good that we have you guys to be pissed for the rest of us.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.