What's with all the fake news of Trump firing Mueller?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

What's with all the fake news of Trump firing Mueller?

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Some no-name Democrat woman goes on a liberal news network and says she heard a rumor that Trump is going to fire Mueller this week. Then suddenly all of the Sunday shows are talking about it like there's credible information that Trump is really going to fire Mueller. Then someone actually asks Trump and he says flat out there is no plan to fire Mueller, even though I think he should be fired.

Why is no one askin if there is a red line that Mueller can cross for when he should be fired?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieFanDC

Re: What's with all the fake news of Trump firing Mueller?

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Some no-name Democrat woman goes on a liberal news network and says she heard a rumor that Trump is going to fire Mueller this week. Then suddenly all of the Sunday shows are talking about it like there's credible information that Trump is really going to fire Mueller. Then someone actually asks Trump and he says flat out there is no plan to fire Mueller, even though I think he should be fired.

Why is no one askin if there is a red line that Mueller can cross for when he should be fired?
Agreed, the idea that Trump would fire someone in an investigative role into his campaign folks is utterly ridiculous.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Gotta keep the frenzy going. Whip up the mobs..
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Some no-name Democrat woman goes on a liberal news network and says she heard a rumor that Trump is going to fire Mueller this week. Then suddenly all of the Sunday shows are talking about it like there's credible information that Trump is really going to fire Mueller. Then someone actually asks Trump and he says flat out there is no plan to fire Mueller, even though I think he should be fired.

Agreed, the idea that Trump would fire someone in an investigative role into his campaign folks is utterly ridiculous.
Why did the dems want to fire Comey? And are prez's allowed to bring in the people they want to work with?
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Wait, are you saying Trump fired Comey because he was investigating him????

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Meh, It's Eric Holder. I pay no attention to a person's opinion who has been held in contempt of congress for not turning over documents related to Fast & Furious.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:Meh, It's Eric Holder. I pay no attention to a person's opinion who has been held in contempt of congress for not turning over documents related to Fast & Furious.

Yeah. F him.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Why did the dems want to fire Comey? And are prez's allowed to bring in the people they want to work with?
Same reason Trump wanted to. What's your point - that Trump is the same kind of pol as Dems?
Looks like we've found something to agree on.

As for who the prez gets to bring in and let go, sure, but wrt to someone investigating his team, he can fire them at his own risk of being found guilty of obstruction. As someone who has overseen HR functions, you know that the reasons you fire someone can be illegal.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:Meh, It's Eric Holder. I pay no attention to a person's opinion who has been held in contempt of congress for not turning over documents related to Fast & Furious.

It's not just Holder. He seems to be part of a larger coordinated effort. It was started by some Democrat congresswoman who claimed to have heard a rumor. Then the like clockwork, the Democrat media (CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc) take the story and run with it like its a foregone conclusion. These outlets have pretty much became tabloids that spread and start rumors just to help the Democrat party and/or hurt Republicans - especially Trump.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Same reason Trump wanted to. What's your point - that Trump is the same kind of pol as Dems?

As for who the prez gets to bring in and let go, sure, but wrt to someone investigating his team, he can fire them at his own risk of being found guilty of obstruction. As someone who has overseen HR functions, you know that the reasons you fire someone can be illegal.
You do realize that he can fire whomever he wants and that it can't be considered obstruction don't you?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

You do realize that he can fire whomever he wants and that it can't be considered obstruction don't you?
I don't realize that....for good reason.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Why can't he fire anyone? please explain. The boss can do that, kind of how the world works (except for tenure jobs)...hint... FBI head is not one of those
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Why can't he fire anyone? please explain. The boss can do that, kind of how the world works (except for tenure jobs)...hint... FBI head is not one of those
You can fire someone for no reason. You can fire someone for any reason. But, if the reason you fire someone, is because you or your team was under investigation by that person, your reason for firing them can be illegal.
You can fire someone who is black. You can't fire someone b/c they're black.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: Same reason Trump wanted to. What's your point - that Trump is the same kind of pol as Dems?

No-no, DC has found the secret loophole whereby you just have to say you're investigating your boss to be immune from being fired.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: You can fire someone who is black. You can't fire someone b/c they're black.
Ok. Now transpose this into your original proposition:

"Agreed, the idea that Trump would fire someone in an investigative role into his campaign folks is utterly ridiculous."

The idea that Trump would fire someone who's black is utterly ridiculous.

You've changed your argument.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: You can fire someone who is black. You can't fire someone b/c they're black.

"Agreed, the idea that Trump would fire someone in an investigative role into his campaign folks is utterly ridiculous."

That's a really, really long stretch, even for you.

You transposed the wrong part.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I don't think I did, but go ahead and show me.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Lazy.

First, my comment about firing someone who is black, vs. b/c they're black, was directed at the dopes who think there are no laws that deal with situations where it is and isn't legal to fire someone. That's a basic fact.

You took that and applied it to a statement about Trump possibly firing Mueller.
The proper transposition is "Trump can fire Mueller. Trump can't fire Mueller if Trump is firing Mueller b/c he's investigating Trump's team and doesn't like the results".
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Lazy.

First, my comment about firing someone who is black, vs. b/c they're black, was directed at the dopes who think there are no laws that deal with situations where it is and isn't legal to fire someone. That's a basic fact.

You took that and applied it to a statement about Trump possibly firing Mueller.
The proper transposition is "Trump can fire Mueller. Trump can't fire Mueller if Trump is firing Mueller b/c he's investigating Trump's team and doesn't like the results".
Sure he can, that's just silly.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Lazy.

Actually, as the chief executive, Trump can fire anyone in the executive branch, period. There doesn't have to be a reason. And if there is, it doesn't matter. Ir is a power that the president has that can't be usurped or overruled. It cannot be deemed illegal.

The only recourse to his actions is congress and the ability to impeach. But there is no legal recourse.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Lazy.

Actually, as the chief executive, Trump can fire anyone in the executive branch, period. There doesn't have to be a reason. And if there is, it doesn't matter. Ir is a power that the president has that can't be usurped or overruled. It cannot be deemed illegal.

The only recourse to his actions is congress and the ability to impeach. But there is no legal recourse.
Yep
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Lazy.

Ummm yeah, I never said he could be convicted of it. That doesn't mean it isn't illegal. And of course, he could be impeached.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Ok. Now transpose this into your original proposition:

Lazy.

Ummm yeah, I never said he could be convicted of it. That doesn't mean it isn't illegal. And of course, he could be impeached.
What? If it's illegal then he can be convicted.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Lazy.

So you lied, flung insults without provocation, and just changed question again. *That* is lazy.

No, I think I got you just right the first time, which is why your final proposition is completely incongruous with the first.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Lazy.

So you lied, flung insults without provocation, and just changed question again. *That* is lazy.

No, I think I got you just right the first time, which is why your final proposition is completely incongruous with the first.
LOL. WADR, you don't have it right. This is the part where you say the same thing you always say, but can't actually explain what you're accusing me of. I'm also not sure you know what the word "lie" means.
You got it wrong, I told you the right way to do it. You're interpretation of what I'm saying has no bearing on anything.

It's very, very simple. Let's take the word Trump out of it.

Since the Nixon days, the common understanding is that the a sitting POTUS cannot be criminally prosecuted.
The one and only reason for that line of reasoning is that the POTUS is the chief law enforcement, and is essentially above the law.
IMO, and maybe you have a different one, if the POTUS does something that would be illegal for me to do, that person has broken the law, and has done something illegal. The loophole that the POTUS can't be criminally prosecuted, doesn't mean that he hasn't broken the law.

And following that, the POTUS can be impeached for charges that an investigator, special counsel, etc., file against the POTUS, even if they can't be criminally prosecuted.

That's it, I don't see what's so difficult about that.