Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Rapper wants to buy C. Panthers, rename them Black Panthers

Post by USN_Hokie »

...and hire Kaepernick as the QB. :lol:

Too good to be buried in the other purse fight thread....
USN_Hokie wrote:Sean Colmes wants to buy them, hire Kaepernick, and rename them the Black Panthers.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... rnick.html

Please, please, please make this happen. :lol:
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: Rapper wants to buy C. Panthers, rename them Black Panth

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

That would be epic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:That would be epic

It would be funny, but not likely. Needs a partner to help him afford it. Who would want to own a football team with P Diddy? I wonder if he even realizes their QB is an actual black man.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Like all rappers, he doesn't have near the money to be in the top 10 of potential buyers. Maybe he can own 4% like Michael Jordan or Derek Jeter do, but he needs real big boy money to buy the panthers and "diddy" doesn't have that. The fools on twitter claiming he is "worth" 850 million dollars is laughable. People don't buy music anymore- they stream it for 9.99 a month or steal it from youtube and Diddy gets pennies of that. He might be able to weasel his way into 5% ownership stake with some group- maybe.
Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:Like all rappers, he doesn't have near the money to be in the top 10 of potential buyers. Maybe he can own 4% like Michael Jordan or Derek Jeter do, but he needs real big boy money to buy the panthers and "diddy" doesn't have that. The fools on twitter claiming he is "worth" 850 million dollars is laughable. People don't buy music anymore- they stream it for 9.99 a month or steal it from youtube and Diddy gets pennies of that. He might be able to weasel his way into 5% ownership stake with some group- maybe.
Yeah, I have never understood the claims that he is super rich. People don’t buy music and I don’t think he puts on massive arena shows like Lady Gaga or U2 or Metallica.

Maybe he owns parts of lots of other artists?

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:

It would be funny, but not likely. Needs a partner to help him afford it. Who would want to own a football team with P Diddy? I wonder if he even realizes their QB is an actual black man.
team is worth 2.3 billion with a B, he could not even work concessions for them
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

team is worth 2.3 billion with a B, he could not even work concessions for them
LOL. The same analysts that put the $2.3B (with a B, in case anyone can't figure that out) value on the Panthers, are the same ones that estimate that P Diddy is worth $800M+. He could certainly be a part owner of the team, but he would have to stroke a $600-700M check to be the majority owner. That seems unlikely.

On a side note, based on your post, I think we should all be taking a look at concessions jobs at BofA stadium, apparently it pays well.
Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I have read he is worth $800M as well, but I don’t get how that is true. That is waaaaayyyy more than Mick Jagger who has had a 50 year career at the top. It would put him up their with Paul McCarthy. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:I have read he is worth $800M as well, but I don’t get how that is true. That is waaaaayyyy more than Mick Jagger who has had a 50 year career at the top. It would put him up their with Paul McCarthy. What am I missing?

Not a p diddy fan at all, but doesn’t he purportedly have his hands in a lot of stuff. Alcohol, record labels, other rappers, I don’t know.

I bet he has a lot more money than, say, D. Jeter. (#2 in our playbooks, but #1 in our hearts).

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:I have read he is worth $800M as well, but I don’t get how that is true. That is waaaaayyyy more than Mick Jagger who has had a 50 year career at the top. It would put him up their with Paul McCarthy. What am I missing?

Not a p diddy fan at all, but doesn’t he purportedly have his hands in a lot of stuff. Alcohol, record labels, other rappers, I don’t know.

I bet he has a lot more money than, say, D. Jeter. (#2 in our playbooks, but #1 in our hearts).

Wasn't he the one selling $250 headsets that cost $4 to make?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

I think Dré would have a better shot, wouldn't he? I know HE has amassed some wealth.
awesome guy wrote:Wasn't he the one selling $250 headsets that cost $4 to make?
Beats by Dré.... sold to Apple for $3 billion.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Hokie CPA wrote:I think Dré would have a better shot, wouldn't he? I know HE has amassed some wealth.
Yes Dre has money, and I'm sure a lot of it. But he also "opted out" of his contract with murderous gang felon Suge Knight.. So I'm guessing a good portion (all) of his royalties from the Death Row days still go to Suge and then some. So the beats deal - if that is all Dre's is his fortune.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Yep, he had/has his own record label, and production company. The Sean John clothing company is huge. He has something to do with Ciroc vodka. He's into tons of stuff.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:I think Dré would have a better shot, wouldn't he? I know HE has amassed some wealth.
Forbes says Dre owned about 25%, so he got about $750M, or about $500M after taxes.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Yep, he had/has his own record label, and production company. The Sean John clothing company is huge. He has something to do with Ciroc vodka. He's into tons of stuff.
Didn't he try to buy the Nets with Master P years ago? When they were worth 1/200th of what the panthers are worth? Like I said, he could pull a Jordan and be called the "owner" while owning less than 10% of the team..same with Magic Johnson and the Dodgers.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Jay Z, Puff Daddy, and Dr. Dre are the $800 million club of net worth. 4th on the list is in at under $200 million. Notice all of these guys started record labels and never signed a deal with a record label. And then they all hit even bigger with various side deals, Beats by Dre, Sean John clothing line and Jay Z with a little bit of everything.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

USN_Hokie wrote:...and hire Kaepernick as the QB. :lol:

Too good to be buried in the other purse fight thread....
USN_Hokie wrote:Sean Colmes wants to buy them, hire Kaepernick, and rename them the Black Panthers.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... rnick.html

Please, please, please make this happen. :lol:
More power to him. Ain't America great?!?
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I think you are thinking of Dr. Dre, but maybe diddy too.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BG Hokie wrote:Jay Z, Puff Daddy, and Dr. Dre are the $800 million club of net worth. 4th on the list is in at under $200 million. Notice all of these guys started record labels and never signed a deal with a record label. And then they all hit even bigger with various side deals, Beats by Dre, Sean John clothing line and Jay Z with a little bit of everything.
Is that counting the cash Jay Z has stashed under his dog house from selling heroin and crack to kids? That could bump his number up a bit.
Vienna_Hokie
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:Jay Z, Puff Daddy, and Dr. Dre are the $800 million club of net worth. 4th on the list is in at under $200 million. Notice all of these guys started record labels and never signed a deal with a record label. And then they all hit even bigger with various side deals, Beats by Dre, Sean John clothing line and Jay Z with a little bit of everything.
Is that counting the cash Jay Z has stashed under his dog house from selling heroin and crack to kids? That could bump his number up a bit.
This is like Jay Z being touted as the owner of the Nets. Sitting courtside, acting like he mattered. He had a $1mil investment, less than 1.5% stake.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
Sure, any drug money he likely made helped fund the record company he started.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
This is like Jay Z being touted as the owner of the Nets. Sitting courtside, acting like he mattered. He had a $1mil investment, less than 1.5% stake.
Yeah, very much a marketed owner.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

(Cliff) who are three men who've never been in my kitchen? (/cliff)
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I think you are thinking of Dr. Dre, but maybe diddy too.

They all look alike to me
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.