Chicago politician calls for UN peacekeepers.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Chicago politician calls for UN peacekeepers.

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC

Re: Chicago politician calls for UN peacekeepers.

Post by HokieFanDC »

It's embarrassing that it's come to this, but he's probably right. If Chicago can't take care of it, someone needs to. I know at some point, feds were involved, but maybe the Chicago pols ruined that assistance.

I know some people characterized the fed assistance as a threat...as if that level of gun violence isn't a huge threat already.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

HokieFanDC wrote:
It's embarrassing that it's come to this, but he's probably right. If Chicago can't take care of it, someone needs to. I know at some point, feds were involved, but maybe the Chicago pols ruined that assistance.

I know some people characterized the fed assistance as a threat...as if that level of gun violence isn't a huge threat already.
Chicago Dems won't take responsibility for their policies in creating this. They would rather be part of a 'World Government' anyway. The UN cannot fix this and they shouldn't be on American soil.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:

the baby blue helmet guys are afraid to go to chicago, get real
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

That's comical, considering most UN Peacekeeper units are comprised mostly of US Americans.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:That's comical, considering most UN Peacekeeper units are comprised mostly of US Americans.
I doubt they want to go to that hell hole either
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:

Interesting murder stat for 2017 -- Chicago 26 per 100k residents, Richmond 26.5 per 100k residents.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Interesting murder stat for 2017 -- Chicago 26 per 100k residents, Richmond 26.5 per 100k residents.
not sure what charlotte is per 100k but we have 85 so far this year which per the news is a high number, almost all have been either drug or domestic related, a few random. Had a 55 YO 7 -11 clerk shot dead by two dumb fellas robbing the place last weekend. Caught them yesterday after car chases and foot chases
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

not sure what charlotte is per 100k but we have 85 so far this year which per the news is a high number, almost all have been either drug or domestic related, a few random. Had a 55 YO 7 -11 clerk shot dead by two dumb fellas robbing the place last weekend. Caught them yesterday after car chases and foot chases
Assuming 774,000 people living in Charlotte (per Bing) it works out to a little fewer than 11 per 100k.

Virginia Beach checked in at 4.6 murders per 100k in 2016 (21 total murders). I don't know how many we have this year, but I doubt it's much worse. We take care of each other around here. Some problem kids in Gang Run and Bayside, but they're wannabe gangstas. They ain't that hard.

A couple years back, some knucklehead vandalized a family's property by spray-painting racist remarks on their garage or fence or something, and their neighbors... from all over the neighborhood... came in to clean it up and reassure the family that they were a part of their community and their community isn't about that crap at all. It really became a feel-good story, and that's how most communities around here are.
Last edited by Hokie CPA on Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Politifact:False...