awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Obamacare individual mandate

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:“Quality of life” is an amorphous thing, no?

I call bullspit.
Yeah, most of those countries have pretty damn high suicide rates as well.
Not as high as ours.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... icide_rate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's countries on that list with higher rates than us.

Apparently wanting to kill yourself isn't an indication of bad quality of life.
OK.

Trash
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

(Teeth gritted)...must...break....notion...of...American...exceptionalism...(/teeth gritted)
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: And this chart is what? And what are the rating criteria?
That’s quality of life index.
Oddly (or not, actually) enough, it's probably a reasonable approximation of IQ rank as well. Don't really see how it's relevant to this conversation, though.
Numbers Hokie says we are the premier industrialized nation in the world. I was wondering what metric he was using.

We are, unless your definition includes making overpriced, obsolete watches, cookoo clocks, and collecting interest on dead Nazi bank accounts.

Before DC chimes in - yes, that's a gross oversimplification - but even you would agree that every country in the world can't have an economy like Switzerland, right? If we agree on that, then you'd agree that list isn't exactly using the right criteria to make your argument (indeed, that's not even really what it's meant to do).
Thanks for the shoutout, I'll chime in.

Quality of life has little to do with the industrialization ranking of a country. And most of those countries are of a size and industrial sector that automatically puts them out of the running for premier industrialization.
Germany and Canada are probably the only countries on ip's list that can be compared to the US.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Oddly (or not, actually) enough, it's probably a reasonable approximation of IQ rank as well. Don't really see how it's relevant to this conversation, though.
Numbers Hokie says we are the premier industrialized nation in the world. I was wondering what metric he was using.

We are, unless your definition includes making overpriced, obsolete watches, cookoo clocks, and collecting interest on dead Nazi bank accounts.

Before DC chimes in - yes, that's a gross oversimplification - but even you would agree that every country in the world can't have an economy like Switzerland, right? If we agree on that, then you'd agree that list isn't exactly using the right criteria to make your argument (indeed, that's not even really what it's meant to do).

Quality of life has little to do with the industrialization ranking of a country. And most of those countries are of a size and industrial sector that automatically puts them out of the running for premier industrialization.
Germany and Canada are probably the only countries on ip's list that can be compared to the US.
1. You're welcome.
2. Agree.
3. IP should apologize and eat some humble pizza pie with a side of breadsticks from Dominos.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Yup.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function