Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: It’s law! Trump just signed

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Cap’n’s kids and cwtcers nephews will be paying for my tax cut. They’re ****, but oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure you and your boyfriend are going to be paying more. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I’ll trust my CPA over you Cap’n. Sorry.

CPAs aren't economists.
In my estimation (CBO be darned), govt revenue will go up robustly as a result of the tax cuts. If the deficit increases, it will be due to spending...not revenue shortfall.

Good to see liberals finally coming around on debt tho. Debt hasn't mattered for over 8 years.
My CPA knows my income and does my taxes. No Cap’n Bullsht.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
TheH2

Re: It’s law! Trump just signed

Post by TheH2 »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Cap’n’s kids and cwtcers nephews will be paying for my tax cut. They’re ****, but oh well.

Pretty sure you and your boyfriend are going to be paying more. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I’ll trust my CPA over you Cap’n. Sorry.

CPAs aren't economists.
In my estimation (CBO be darned), govt revenue will go up robustly as a result of the tax cuts. If the deficit increases, it will be due to spending...not revenue shortfall.

Good to see liberals finally coming around on debt tho. Debt hasn't mattered for over 8 years.
And it won't matter to the Democrats again when they gain the Presidency.
It's really all about medicare, which was appropriately covered in this thread!

I'd prefer increases in the deficits to be the result of increasing investments - i.e .repairing depleted infrastructure.
People who know, know.