Yeah, James Woods went there...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Yeah, James Woods went there...

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Actions speak louder than words....

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: Yeah, James Woods went there...

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I love him on Twitter. I can only assume he has enough money, such that he doesn’t have to work in the film business anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

He must be REALLY trying to fool us all.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:He must be REALLY trying to fool us all.
Had no idea he had 7 children. Or are they props?
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

LOL
He got trolled into saying the dreaded “Christmas” word by Trump.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

RiverguyVT wrote:

LOL
?

Obama has publicly wished Merry Christmas numerous times in the past. Anyone insinuating otherwise is simply ignorant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

LOL
?

Obama has publicly wished Merry Christmas numerous times in the past. Anyone insinuating otherwise is simply ignorant.

People like to be victims of the War Against Christmas.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

LOL
?

I mean, Riverguy would be correct if Obama didn’t wish Merry Christmas until Trump goaded him into doing so, but that’s simply incorrect. The Christmas Warriors should deploy their attacks elsewhere.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

LOL
?

How many times have you been told to get your Yankee ass back up north so far?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Trump. ... In Obama’s head. Has nothing to do with a war on Christmas.
Merry Christmas
Salute the Marines
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

:lol: Obama’s just a pussy.
Attachments
7006BC38-4873-406D-9843-B47AB4AC93D5.jpeg
7006BC38-4873-406D-9843-B47AB4AC93D5.jpeg (101.74 KiB) Viewed 1947 times
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:[emoji38] Obama’s just a pussy.
Haha
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Cheer up, Hoof. You can text Hillary for a special holiday message! :lol:
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Obama...
He had 8 shots at it. Not a single card said “Christmas”.

I assume, however, unnamed sources at another table heard him say it!!
Bwaahh-hhaaaa-haaa!
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

He's going to need more Kleenex and Vaseline first.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

LMAO!
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
Had no idea he had 7 children. Or are they props?

LOL, photo is from 4 years ago.

http://www.msnbc.com/hardball/elf-upsta ... tmas-photo
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

wouldn't actions speak louder than a picture, he targeted christian organizations and others and told OUR FREAKING LAW ENFORCEMENT to leave a muslim organization selling cocaine into OUR country to leave them alone......

OK, I agree, Obummer was just an idiot
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Here's your fact-check. Of course liberals will say that Obama said Merry Christmas. But that fact remains that he never put it on the official WH Christmas card for his entire 8 years.

===================================

Fact Check: Do the Obamas say ‘merry Christmas’ on their holiday cards?
Sarah Jarvis, The Republic | azcentral.com Published 4:16 p.m. MT Dec. 16, 2016 | Updated 4:46 p.m. MT Dec. 16, 2016

THE MEDIA: Web.

WHO SAID IT: New York Post.

THE COMMENT: “For the eighth straight year, President Obama has refused to mention the word ‘Christmas’ on his annual Christmas card.”

THE FORUM: Article posted Dec. 12.

WHAT WE'RE LOOKING AT: Whether the word “Christmas” has appeared on a White House holiday card during President Barack Obama’s two terms in office.

ANALYSIS: The parsing of the White House holiday card has become ammunition in the nation’s culture wars.

The allegation from religious conservatives is that the left has imposed a political correctness that requires all to say “happy holidays” instead of “merry Christmas.”

Fox News’ reportage on the “war on Christmas” is an annual staple at the cable news channel.

And President-elect Donald Trump attempted to tap anger over this by pledging in October that, if elected, “we’re gonna be saying ‘Merry Christmas’ at every store.”

The New York Post story on the First Family’s 2016 holiday card continues this thread of reporting on perceived slights to the holiday marking the birth of Jesus Christ.

So have the Obamas ever wished recipients of their holiday card a Merry Christmas? Or have they instead exclusively used “happy holidays” or "season's greetings," which many defend as a way to include non-believers and Americans of other faiths in such wishes?

AZ Fact Check reviewed images of the cards or descriptions in news accounts and found the following:

An online photo gallery of the White House holiday cards during the Obama administration shows no mention of Christmas. The messages on the 2009, 2010 and 2012 cards, however, are not visible in these photos.

News accounts about the Obamas’ cards during those three years indicate they also did not mention Christmas.

A Chicago Tribune article noted the absence of “Christmas” on president’s first holiday card, in 2009. “May your family have a joyous holiday season and a new year blessed with hope and happiness,” the card stated.

The Library of Congress archived the message on the Obamas’ 2010 card, which read, “May your holiday be filled with all the simple gifts of the season, and may your new year be blessed with health and happiness.”

And USA Today detailed how the 2012 card, which prominently featured Bo, the family dog, also omitted the word "Christmas." "This season, may your home be filled with family, friends, and the joy of the holidays," it read.

The Obamas’ cards are a contrast to some previous presidents. President George W. Bush, for example, included Bible verses on each of his Christmas cards. President Dwight Eisenhower is often credited with sending the first White House Christmas card.

Any implication, however, that Obama, who is Christian, does not say “merry Christmas” would be misleading. Addressing what it termed as “one of the more bizarre paranoias of modern U.S. political culture,” the news site Slate assembled a super-cut video last year showing Obama in various settings wishing a “merry Christmas.”

Bottom line: The White House holiday cards under President Barack Obama have never included the word “Christmas,” but have instead included greetings for “the holidays.”

THE FINDING: Four stars: True

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... /95534342/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Here's your fact-check. Of course liberals will say that Obama said Merry Christmas. But that fact remains that he never put it on the official WH Christmas card for his entire 8 years.

===================================

Fact Check: Do the Obamas say ‘merry Christmas’ on their holiday cards?
Sarah Jarvis, The Republic | azcentral.com Published 4:16 p.m. MT Dec. 16, 2016 | Updated 4:46 p.m. MT Dec. 16, 2016

THE MEDIA: Web.

WHO SAID IT: New York Post.

THE COMMENT: “For the eighth straight year, President Obama has refused to mention the word ‘Christmas’ on his annual Christmas card.”

THE FORUM: Article posted Dec. 12.

WHAT WE'RE LOOKING AT: Whether the word “Christmas” has appeared on a White House holiday card during President Barack Obama’s two terms in office.

ANALYSIS: The parsing of the White House holiday card has become ammunition in the nation’s culture wars.

The allegation from religious conservatives is that the left has imposed a political correctness that requires all to say “happy holidays” instead of “merry Christmas.”

Fox News’ reportage on the “war on Christmas” is an annual staple at the cable news channel.

And President-elect Donald Trump attempted to tap anger over this by pledging in October that, if elected, “we’re gonna be saying ‘Merry Christmas’ at every store.”

The New York Post story on the First Family’s 2016 holiday card continues this thread of reporting on perceived slights to the holiday marking the birth of Jesus Christ.

So have the Obamas ever wished recipients of their holiday card a Merry Christmas? Or have they instead exclusively used “happy holidays” or "season's greetings," which many defend as a way to include non-believers and Americans of other faiths in such wishes?

AZ Fact Check reviewed images of the cards or descriptions in news accounts and found the following:

An online photo gallery of the White House holiday cards during the Obama administration shows no mention of Christmas. The messages on the 2009, 2010 and 2012 cards, however, are not visible in these photos.

News accounts about the Obamas’ cards during those three years indicate they also did not mention Christmas.

A Chicago Tribune article noted the absence of “Christmas” on president’s first holiday card, in 2009. “May your family have a joyous holiday season and a new year blessed with hope and happiness,” the card stated.

The Library of Congress archived the message on the Obamas’ 2010 card, which read, “May your holiday be filled with all the simple gifts of the season, and may your new year be blessed with health and happiness.”

And USA Today detailed how the 2012 card, which prominently featured Bo, the family dog, also omitted the word "Christmas." "This season, may your home be filled with family, friends, and the joy of the holidays," it read.

The Obamas’ cards are a contrast to some previous presidents. President George W. Bush, for example, included Bible verses on each of his Christmas cards. President Dwight Eisenhower is often credited with sending the first White House Christmas card.

Any implication, however, that Obama, who is Christian, does not say “merry Christmas” would be misleading. Addressing what it termed as “one of the more bizarre paranoias of modern U.S. political culture,” the news site Slate assembled a super-cut video last year showing Obama in various settings wishing a “merry Christmas.”

Bottom line: The White House holiday cards under President Barack Obama have never included the word “Christmas,” but have instead included greetings for “the holidays.”

THE FINDING: Four stars: True

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... /95534342/
Thank you for confirming to Riverguy that the Obamas wished people Merry Christmas.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Thank you for confirming to Riverguy that the Obamas wished people Merry Christmas.
Yet another “Nolan whoosh”

By chance, do you have a cousin or brother named Diggety? :lol:
Salute the Marines
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
Yet another “Nolan whoosh”

By chance, do you have a cousin or brother named Diggety? [emoji38]
They're the same person.