United Gives First-Class Seat To Democrat Congresswoman

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

United Gives First-Class Seat To Democrat Congresswoman

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Guess which congresswoman, and then guess her response when people call her out on it.

Who are the idiots voting for this woman???????

=================================================

Angry Passenger Says United Gave Her First-Class Seat To Dem Congresswoman
Henry Rodgers
12:53 PM 12/24/2017

A woman on a United Airlines flight from Houston to Washington, D.C., accused the airline of giving the seat she paid for to Texas Democratic Rep. Shelia Jackson Lee.

Jean-Marie Simon, 63, who works as an attorney in Washington, D.C., purchased a first class ticket on her trip from Guatemala but was told when boarding her seat had been taken. Simon claims to have purchased the tickets Dec. 3 using frequent flyer miles for her flight on Dec. 20, according to The Houston Chronicle.

United compensated Simon with $500, but in their released statement, the airline company said Simon canceled her flight. In response, the airline booked the first customer on the waitlist, which they say is a part of their normal protocol.

“After thoroughly examining our electronic records, we found that upon receiving a notification that Flight 788 was delayed due to weather, the customer appears to have canceled her flight from Houston to Washington, D.C., within the United mobile app,” United said in a statement. “As part of the normal pre-boarding process, gate agents began clearing standby and upgrade customers, including the first customer on the waitlist for an upgrade.”

Simon denied she canceling her fight and claims the process was embarrassing. The Texas Democrat said she did nothing wrong and accused Simon of reacting to the fact that Lee and the flight attendants are black Americans.

“I asked for nothing exceptional or out of the ordinary and received nothing exceptional or out of the ordinary,” the congresswoman said. “Since this was not any fault of mine, the way the individual continued to act appeared to be, upon reflection, because I was an African American woman, seemingly an easy target along with the African American flight attendant who was very, very nice.”

https://www.facebook.com/jeanmarie.simo ... 4310056391

Before taking off, Simon went to the front of the plane and took a picture of Lee in the first class seat and expressed her frustration with the flight attendant, according to The Hill. She later denied knowing who Lee was in an interview with The Houston Chronicle.

“United has some wonderful employees, like the gate agents at Reagan National and some flight attendants who, if there’s a war, I want on my side.” Simon said on Facebook. “But unfortunately, what one most remembers is the humiliation and expense wrought by United, who apparently believes that we all should be lucky to be flying the friendly skies with an airline that treats the paying public like dirt.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/24/angry ... resswoman/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
133743Hokie

Re: United Gives First-Class Seat To Democrat Congresswoman

Post by 133743Hokie »

would be easy to confirm whether she cancelled her flight or not
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

We all know who keeps electing the ass!!
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

What a drama queen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

I agree. Sheila Jackson Hyphen Lee is a drama queen. She automatically goes to “it's because I'm black” with absolutely zero evidence to support her argument.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

LOL, I'd be pissed if my reservation was given to that dumbass.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson