Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Merry Christmas, UWS

Post by RiverguyVT »

Every one of ya!
8-) :D
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
miles

Re: Merry Christmas, UWS

Post by miles »

Merry Christmas to you. May God bless and keep you.
And to those hereupon who may be offended by that, I wish you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! as well.

:)
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Noel :!:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Merry Christmas!
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Merry Christmas
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Merry Christmas fellow freaks. I noticed Julian Assange is no longer on Twitter as of this morning. Hopefully he is ok. I wonder if they banned him? Seems hard to believe they would ban someone who generates so much traffic, but who knows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Merry Christmas, all.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Merry Christmas fellow freaks. I noticed Julian Assange is no longer on Twitter as of this morning. Hopefully he is ok. I wonder if they banned him? Seems hard to believe they would ban someone who generates so much traffic, but who knows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Twitter is starting to ban conservative speech. Many are switching to www.gab.ai.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:Every one of ya!
8-) :D
I am offended!!!

j/k hope yours was great. Its just my wife and I and we don't even get the fake tree out anymore. I spent yesterday working on a construction project at the farm freezing my booty off!
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

All the Unusuals are, apparently.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:All the Unusuals are, apparently.
??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Massive pwnage of the libs with this one.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote:Massive pwnage of the libs with this one.
I hope 2018 brings you Unusuals to the Wizard. Nolan for brains, IP for a heart, and you for courage.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

We can finally say it again!!!

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Weird how liberals mock people who say Merry Christmas. But then clam up when people on their side say that saying Merry Christmas is "stealing Christmas to promote white nationalism."

So up until Obama (who yes, pushed the very PC non-Christian-centric idea of the Holidays) America was just a nation of Nazis? Remember, it was Obama who promised to transform the country and then declared that America is not a Christian country. In fact he said that it is one of the largest Muslim countries in the world. His words.

And saying Merry Christmas is "excluding other religions?" Wow, what alternative reality is this????? No one is saying other religions can't participate in Christmas.

==============================

Newsweek: ‘How Trump and the Nazis Stole Christmas To Promote White Nationalism’
By Clay Waters | December 26, 2017 5:51 PM EST

Merry Christmas, Nazi!

Newsweek keeps topping itself with discreditable anti-Trump “news” stories, the latest the holiday-themed “How Trump and the Nazis Stole Christmas To Promote White Nationalism” by Cristina Maza, filed on Christmas Eve. That headline kind of says it all, but if you want the full lunacy, keep reading:
President Donald Trump wants Americans to think he re-invented Christmas.

But critics counter that Trump is promoting a version of the holidays that excludes members of other religions, and that his crusade to bring back Christmas is part of a larger attempt by the president to define America as a country for white Christians alone.

Wishing people “merry Christmas” instead of “happy holidays,” is thus in line with Trump’s decision to ban citizens of Muslim-majority countries from entering the United States, critics say. It fits neatly with his refusal to condemn white supremacists when they march against diversity, and with his condemnation of athletes who protest police brutality against black men.

With this in mind, the fight to end the war on Christmas is exclusionary politics at its most flagrant.
Then Maza went there:
Trump isn’t the first political figure in history to co-opt Christmas. In fact, some see parallels between Trump’s speeches in front of Christmas trees and attempts by authoritarian regimes like the Nazis to manipulate popular celebrations to promote a political ideology. But by weaponizing Christmas in this way, Trump is bringing a dangerous tradition of politicizing religious holidays into the United States, experts say.

....Meanwhile, members of the religious right support Trump’s most nationalist, race-baiting form of political rhetoric, including his re-claiming of Christmas.

Likewise, Nazi Germany’s propagandists rooted their idea of Christmas in visions of ethno-nationalism....
This bit about Trump’s “‘Merry Christmas’ tirades” was a particularly amusing example of the hysterical left in its natural state, and a complicit media that nods along and confirms the delusions.
“Frankly, I’m not sure how far Trump himself is willing to go to use the holiday to promote anti-Muslim or anti-minority visions of America, or if he even really understands what he is doing with his ‘Merry Christmas’ tirades.”
Maza was previously noted on NewsBusters for a story whose headline bizarrely blamed President Trump for Palestinian violence.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/cl ... mote-white

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Weird how liberals mock people who say Merry Christmas. But then clam up when people on their side say that saying Merry Christmas is "stealing Christmas to promote white nationalism."

So up until Obama (who yes, pushed the very PC non-Christian-centric idea of the Holidays) America was just a nation of Nazis? Remember, it was Obama who promised to transform the country and then declared that America is not a Christian country. In fact he said that it is one of the largest Muslim countries in the world. His words.

And saying Merry Christmas is "excluding other religions?" Wow, what alternative reality is this????? No one is saying other religions can't participate in Christmas.

==============================

Newsweek: ‘How Trump and the Nazis Stole Christmas To Promote White Nationalism’
By Clay Waters | December 26, 2017 5:51 PM EST

Merry Christmas, Nazi!

Newsweek keeps topping itself with discreditable anti-Trump “news” stories, the latest the holiday-themed “How Trump and the Nazis Stole Christmas To Promote White Nationalism” by Cristina Maza, filed on Christmas Eve. That headline kind of says it all, but if you want the full lunacy, keep reading:
President Donald Trump wants Americans to think he re-invented Christmas.

But critics counter that Trump is promoting a version of the holidays that excludes members of other religions, and that his crusade to bring back Christmas is part of a larger attempt by the president to define America as a country for white Christians alone.

Wishing people “merry Christmas” instead of “happy holidays,” is thus in line with Trump’s decision to ban citizens of Muslim-majority countries from entering the United States, critics say. It fits neatly with his refusal to condemn white supremacists when they march against diversity, and with his condemnation of athletes who protest police brutality against black men.

With this in mind, the fight to end the war on Christmas is exclusionary politics at its most flagrant.
Then Maza went there:
Trump isn’t the first political figure in history to co-opt Christmas. In fact, some see parallels between Trump’s speeches in front of Christmas trees and attempts by authoritarian regimes like the Nazis to manipulate popular celebrations to promote a political ideology. But by weaponizing Christmas in this way, Trump is bringing a dangerous tradition of politicizing religious holidays into the United States, experts say.

....Meanwhile, members of the religious right support Trump’s most nationalist, race-baiting form of political rhetoric, including his re-claiming of Christmas.

Likewise, Nazi Germany’s propagandists rooted their idea of Christmas in visions of ethno-nationalism....
This bit about Trump’s “‘Merry Christmas’ tirades” was a particularly amusing example of the hysterical left in its natural state, and a complicit media that nods along and confirms the delusions.
“Frankly, I’m not sure how far Trump himself is willing to go to use the holiday to promote anti-Muslim or anti-minority visions of America, or if he even really understands what he is doing with his ‘Merry Christmas’ tirades.”
Maza was previously noted on NewsBusters for a story whose headline bizarrely blamed President Trump for Palestinian violence.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/cl ... mote-white
Could you top that with an American Stinker?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

A made up holiday! Like most of the “facts” the left trots out.

How high is the death toll today?

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
??

It must be above your pay grade. Don’t worry though. They’re here now, for obvious reasons.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
??

It must be above your pay grade. Don’t worry though. They’re here now, for obvious reasons.
It’s a shame you feel the need to turn a thread wishing general goodwill into an adversarial back and forth.

Merry Christmas.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

fake-tweet20171227-12-1wx9b70.jpg
fake-tweet20171227-12-1wx9b70.jpg (112.04 KiB) Viewed 1421 times
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:
fake-tweet20171227-12-1wx9b70.jpg
+ infinity
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
??

It’s a shame you feel the need to turn a thread wishing general goodwill into an adversarial back and forth.

Merry Christmas.

Nope. Just noticed the obvious.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
??

Merry Christmas.

Nope. Just noticed the obvious.
OK. Merry Christmas Ham.