All the angst over congress extending funding for the CHIP

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: All the angst over congress extending funding for the CH

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
OK. But here in the real world, people are not going to deny healthcare to kids so that their parents will learn a lesson.
This starts with other failed Democrat social program giveaways.....that once again encourage irresponsible behavior. Your clamour for all things government is assinine. Single payer would be a total disaster.
The current system is a total disaster.

Thanks for the history lesson. I’m trying to solve a problem. Single payer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You’re trying to create a bigger problem. That’s all.

Encouraging those who can’t afford children to have more is part of the problem and a Democrat created one at that.
OK. Kids already get health care. That’s not going to change.

You missed the point.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
OK. But here in the real world, people are not going to deny healthcare to kids so that their parents will learn a lesson.
This starts with other failed Democrat social program giveaways.....that once again encourage irresponsible behavior. Your clamour for all things government is assinine. Single payer would be a total disaster.

The current system IS a disaster, I agree. The system we had pre-Obamacare was not however. The democrats screwed things up for 90% to help 5%. Would have been easier a cheaper to just do something for the 5%.
Like what.

Like just expanding Medicaid or subsidizing premiums like they did, but leave everyone else alone. But the ACA wasn't about extending insurance to the poor. It was about putting the government in charge of everyone's insurance. One size fits all doesn't work for 330 million.
I’m not following that at all. Expanding Medicaid/Medicare is what Obamacare is.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: The current system IS a disaster, I agree. The system we had pre-Obamacare was not however. The democrats screwed things up for 90% to help 5%. Would have been easier a cheaper to just do something for the 5%.
Like what.

Like just expanding Medicaid or subsidizing premiums like they did, but leave everyone else alone. But the ACA wasn't about extending insurance to the poor. It was about putting the government in charge of everyone's insurance. One size fits all doesn't work for 330 million.
I’m not following that at all. Expanding Medicaid/Medicare is what Obamacare is.

That's only part of it, the part that people like which is why senators won't repeal it (lots of federal dollars into their state coffers so they don't have to use state money). That's the 5% that got the benefit. If the democrats had left it at that then it wouldn't have been so bad. But they went and screwed it up for the other 90%, forcing uniformity across plans, cancelling "Cadillac" plans, and generally screwing up the health insurance for the great majority of Americans. That's the problem.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

I'm in the real world ip. Much closer to it than you'll likely ever know as it pertains to this subject. Reinforce bad behavior and you'll get more of it. It's a truism you cannot escape. Limits should be instituted.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

The left's answer to fixing their f'd up social engineering projects is to pour more gas on the fire. So, nope.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

The left's answer to fixing their f'd up social engineering projects is to pour more gas on the fire. So, nope.
Yup. Just look at all the failed policies that they’ve piled more and more failures upon heaping failures. This is what ip has been somehow ignoring.......
We’ve spent $trillions on the great society and the war on poverty and guess what.......we have the same percentage of poor that we’ve always had, despite their best intentions. They don’t understand...........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function