Chicago: Animal Control Chief and Pit Bull advocate bit by..

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Chicago: Animal Control Chief and Pit Bull advocate bit by..

Post by USN_Hokie »

....wait for it...

...wait for it...

...miniature dachshund...?....

...nope, a Pit Bull.

Animal Care and Control Chief orders pit bull that bit her euthanized

The $130,008-a-year executive director of Chicago’s chronically troubled and overcrowded Animal Care and Control shelter was rushed to a hospital over the Christmas holidays after a pit bull she was walking took a chunk out of her arm and leg.

Contacted Tuesday, Susan Russell said she did not “particularly wish to discuss” the Dec. 22 incident that required a co-worker to summon an ambulance to transport her to the hospital.

Nor would she explain why she ordered the pit bull that bit her euthanized immediately, in apparent violation of city protocols for dog-biting incidents. The dog had been picked up as a stray just eight days before the incident.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/anima ... l-shelter/

....but wait...

...it gets better....

...picture of the woman:

Mcl3 Hokie

Re: Chicago: Animal Control Chief and Pit Bull advocate bit

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

I swear sometimes I think I must be reading The Onion. Truly amazing. She certainly showed her true colors after she was bitten.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:I swear sometimes I think I must be reading The Onion. Truly amazing. She certainly showed her true colors after she was bitten.
To be fair, the dog was a stray, there was no way she could determine if he was well trained or poorly trained. That is critical information when dealing with any dog.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Mcl3 Hokie wrote:I swear sometimes I think I must be reading The Onion. Truly amazing. She certainly showed her true colors after she was bitten.
To be fair, the dog was a stray, there was no way she could determine if he was well trained or poorly trained. That is critical information when dealing with any dog.
We're talking about a stray pit bull in Chicago with scars on its neck where the skin grew around a chain. Pretty sure it's not ready for Westminster.