LA: Shelter dogs could go on vegan diet

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

LA: Shelter dogs could go on vegan diet

Post by USN_Hokie »

This is what it looks like when your city reaches peak liberal. This article reads like something from the onion.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ani ... db6719059a

Those dogs’ dinners could be swapped out for a plant-based food under a proposal before the Los Angeles City Board of Animal Services Commissioners. The change, which commissioners could decide Tuesday, would make the city’s shelter system the first in the nation to feed its canine residents a vegan diet, according to its chief veterinarian.

Supporters, who include musician and animal rights activist Moby and the feminist lawyer Lisa Bloom, say that is one of the selling points: to make L.A. shelter dogs the vanguard of a meat-free movement.

“If we adopt this, it’s one more thing that proves to the world that Los Angeles really is the progressive capital,” Moby, whose real name is Richard Hall, testified at the board’s meeting last month.
Article is from mid December. Don't know how they voted.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: LA: Shelter dogs could go on vegan diet

Post by awesome guy »

The latest lib kookery is lab grown meat. I'm sure it tastes as awful as it sounds. I'm happy killing meth deer by Manchester.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:The latest lib kookery is lab grown meat. I'm sure it tastes as awful as it sounds. I'm happy killing meth deer by Manchester.
You like talking about what a dump the area around Manchester has become. I agree.

Why do you choose to live there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:The latest lib kookery is lab grown meat. I'm sure it tastes as awful as it sounds. I'm happy killing meth deer by Manchester.
You like talking about what a dump the area around Manchester has become. I agree.

I don't live in that cesspool. It's always been dumpy and for working poor.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

OK. Where do you live?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

OK. Where do you live?

Not telling
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

OK. Where do you live?

Not telling
Got it.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:OK. Where do you live?

Powhatan :?: :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Actually Manchester is going thru the early stages of resurgence. Lots of old buildings being renovated into apartments, etc. New office buildings being built. Lots going on there now.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:

Don't bash Powhatan! My RVA house is right at the Powhatan-Chesterfield border. With the development of 288 its a good place to be.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Actually Manchester is going thru the early stages of resurgence. Lots of old buildings being renovated into apartments, etc. New office buildings being built. Lots going on there now.
I think you are talking about what is going on in South Richmond. OBX is right that the area around present day Manchester high school in Chesterfield has seen better days.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I think you are talking about what is going on in South Richmond. OBX is right that the area around present day Manchester high school in Chesterfield has seen better days.

I'm talking about the Manchester neighborhood in Richmond.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I'm talking about the Manchester neighborhood in Richmond.
Yes - that area, like most of Richmond proper, is doing much better. It seems that the affluence of the suburbs has been moving back to the city while the city has been exporting lower income folks to the suburbs.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

That's the part of Manchester that's in the city by SunTrust, Legends, etc. Manchester Middle, which was Manchester High for most of IP's school days, is what I'm talking about. That's going through Payday Advancing, 7-Eleven becoming a hair extension shop, etc. It's getting even worse than it was, looks like Broad Street closer to the city now.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

That's the part of Manchester that's in the city by SunTrust, Legends, etc. Manchester Middle, which was Manchester High for most of IP's school days, is what I'm talking about. That's going through Payday Advancing, 7-Eleven becoming a hair extension shop, etc. It's getting even worse than it was, looks like Broad Street closer to the city now.
The area around Manchester Middle was getting that way 30 years ago. Doesn’t seem that different today.

Last time I was around Bailey Bridge road I was shocked how much that area had gone down hill. I thought that was what you were taking about.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

The area around Manchester Middle was getting that way 30 years ago. Doesn’t seem that different today.

Last time I was around Bailey Bridge road I was shocked how much that area had gone down hill. I thought that was what you were taking about.

I've only been there every now and then. Seemed just as dumpy as always to me. Out past there on 360 near Woodlake has gotten nicer.

Whenever a new loop pops up, it acts like a fire ring as the riff raff moves towards it. That used to be chippenham, 288 is the new edge, at least on 360. Midlothian has managed to survive and can't decay but so much with it's upper scale communities near 288. The Jefferson Davis look of Jefferson Davis is moving into Chester too.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I've only been there every now and then. Seemed just as dumpy as always to me. Out past there on 360 near Woodlake has gotten nicer.

Whenever a new loop pops up, it acts like a fire ring as the riff raff moves towards it. That used to be chippenham, 288 is the new edge, at least on 360. Midlothian has managed to survive and can't decay but so much with it's upper scale communities near 288. The Jefferson Davis look of Jefferson Davis is moving into Chester too.
Chester has always had a Jeff Davis look to it. That's nothing new.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: You like talking about what a dump the area around Manchester has become. I agree.

Nah, Jeff Davis by Chippenham is another level of Jeff Davis. That's moving into Chester now.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Nah, Jeff Davis by Chippenham is another level of Jeff Davis. That's moving into Chester now.[/quote]

Lots of necks.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Lots of necks.
Nope, lots of diversity. Jeff Davis by Chippenham is Little Tijuana now. Chester is getting diverse as well.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Mom lived on Bailey Bridge after WWII during some of her HS years.
I’m friends w one of the Baileys whose gr gr grandfather the road name bears. Their family & mine have been friends going back generations...
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Major Kong wrote:

I’m going with Broad Rock.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

133743Hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Don't bash Powhatan! My RVA house is right at the Powhatan-Chesterfield border. With the development of 288 its a good place to be.
On my dad’s side, several generations are laid to rest behind Bethel Bapt right there.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Nah, Jeff Davis by Chippenham is another level of Jeff Davis. That's moving into Chester now.
When I lived in New England, much of it had that Rte 1 feel & look to it.
Salute the Marines
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

My cousin gave me some Legend brown ale for Christmas (merry Christmas, Ham).

It’s not as quite up to the gold standard for brown ales (Samuel Smith) but still very good.