Feinstein sabotaging the Fusion GPS investigation.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Feinstein sabotaging the Fusion GPS investigation.

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
The left accuses what the left does
I remember taking that stand YEARS ago, and the much-loved Rusty pilloried me for it. But I didn't back down. Absolutely, the left projects (see:russiagate)
He was another delusional loon.
I dunno
He was very well informed on some things (economy), and terribly naive on others (media bias).
Wasn't he on the peak oil train, or am I misremembering?

I didn't remember that. Was he saying supply was limited, or that we were running out? Hah.
That there's never, ever a way to pump and process at a higher rate, all the cheap stuff was found, $8 per gallon is coming, etc.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:
I'd say this is mostly true, with the exception of social conservatives. But, to your point, it's not so much that they're moving to the right...they've always been out there and the rest of the world is more socially tolerant.
From a fiscal standpoint, your point is spot on.
Im not sure I follow. Are you saying social conservatives (and I'm not sure how that is being defined) have always been extremists?

Not sure I agry with that either.
The idea that a person is a bad person or evil, because they are gay, is extremist. The fact that lots of people had that view doesn't make it less extreme.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
I'd say this is mostly true, with the exception of social conservatives. But, to your point, it's not so much that they're moving to the right...they've always been out there and the rest of the world is more socially tolerant.
Im not sure I follow. Are you saying social conservatives (and I'm not sure how that is being defined) have always been extremists?

He's playing a word game that's obfuscating a good point. 40 years ago, it was common sense that a man doesn't get a pap smear. Now you're transphobic if you don't pap smear their natural or mutilated penis. He's calling that socially tolerant when it's really them taking a hard left and then rocketing over the moon.
You're wrong, yet again. I don't call that socially tolerant. I call it stupid and a ridiculous extreme left view.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

The idea that a person is a bad person or evil, because they are gay, is extremist. The fact that lots of people had that view doesn't make it less extreme.
Nope. That's been a tenant of society for thousands of years. Claiming homosexuality isn't a sin is an extremist view.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

He's playing a word game that's obfuscating a good point. 40 years ago, it was common sense that a man doesn't get a pap smear. Now you're transphobic if you don't pap smear their natural or mutilated penis. He's calling that socially tolerant when it's really them taking a hard left and then rocketing over the moon.
You're wrong, yet again. I don't call that socially tolerant. I call it stupid and a ridiculous extreme left view.
I'm right again. You're pegging libtards as the norm when it's they who have changed radically or are comfortable exposing their radical beliefs publicly now.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

I'm right again. You're pegging libtards as the norm when it's they who have changed radically or are comfortable exposing their radical beliefs publicly now.
LOL. I said I agree with Riverguy's take on the left, ie there are many more taking the left wing extremist views and/or publicly expressing their views. Nowhere am I pegging them as the norm.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

LOL. I said I agree with Riverguy's take on the left, ie there are many more taking the left wing extremist views and/or publicly expressing their views. Nowhere am I pegging them as the norm.
You just did, homosexuality is a sin.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

I would say the Tea Party was pushing further right