So a Federal Judge in CA blocks Trump from canceling DACA

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Mcl3 Hokie

So a Federal Judge in CA blocks Trump from canceling DACA

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

What law is he ruling on? As I understand it, DACA was created with a Presidential memorandum by Obama and is not law. Presidential memorandums can be changed at any time, correct?
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: So a Federal Judge in CA blocks Trump from canceling DAC

Post by awesome guy »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:What law is he ruling on? As I understand it, DACA was created with a Presidential memorandum by Obama and is not law. Presidential memorandums can be changed at any time, correct?
The Doctrine of Liberal Butt Hurt allows them to do anything they want as long as they think "This is different" or they really, really, really want it. Crybabies.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

I would imagine the 9CA is about to get bee itch slapped by the SCOTUS again. Frankly, Trump and congress should take a wrecking ball them.
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

With respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that’s just not the case, because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed. . . . The executive branch’s job is to enforce and implement those laws. . . . There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as President.
It was an executive order soon after Obeezy said this. They tried to pass it as a bill twice from what I recall.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
With respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that’s just not the case, because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed. . . . The executive branch’s job is to enforce and implement those laws. . . . There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as President.
It was an executive order soon after Obeezy said this. They tried to pass it as a bill twice from what I recall.
Yep, and all Trump has essentially tried to do is say "this EO is illegal. This matter needs to be resolved by congress thru law. Therefore I'm rescinding the EO and putting the onus on congress to resolve this thru the legislative process where it belongs." Every American should cheer his rollback of executive overreach and putting this back to congress.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
Yep, and all Trump has essentially tried to do is say "this EO is illegal. This matter needs to be resolved by congress thru law. Therefore I'm rescinding the EO and putting the onus on congress to resolve this thru the legislative process where it belongs." Every American should cheer his rollback of executive overreach and putting this back to congress.
They should......but, feelings......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

As we have seen time and again with the Anti-American Cuckhold judge in Hawaii, these alt-left communists think they can do whatever they want. When smart pro-Americans enter the conversation, they are quickly shut down- as it should be.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:I would imagine the 9CA is about to get bee itch slapped by the SCOTUS again. Frankly, Trump and congress should take a wrecking ball them.
yep, it is hard to fix stupid
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:I would imagine the 9CA is about to get bee itch slapped by the SCOTUS again. Frankly, Trump and congress should take a wrecking ball them.
Love this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Love this.

Fester, your insults are hilarious, if only you knew me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:What law is he ruling on? As I understand it, DACA was created with a Presidential memorandum by Obama and is not law. Presidential memorandums can be changed at any time, correct?
FYI, I read an article about it and the (supposed) basis for the ruling is this:

1. All laws and executive orders, in order to be valid, must have at least a rational basis. (You cannot pass a law banning red-haired people from eating popcorn on Tuesdays because there is no rational basis for such a law.)

2. Trump claims as his rational basis for rescinding DACA that DACA was illegal to begin with.

3. DACA was not illegal to begin with because the Supreme Court has not declared it to be illegal and until the Supreme Court steps in it is legal (this is absurd reasoning)

4. There is therefore no rational basis for rescinding DACA and that rescission is illegal

I obviously agree with very little of the above ... just letting anyone interested know what the supposed basis for the ruling is.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Love this.

Fester, your insults are hilarious, if only you knew me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My insults?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Feaxcahontas is on Fox saying she wants America to live up to its promise to the DACA individuals. I’m confused. What promises did America make to them? I’m not aware of any.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:Feaxcahontas is on Fox saying she wants America to live up to its promise to the DACA individuals. I’m confused. What promises did America make to them? I’m not aware of any.
She's mentally unstable
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
FYI, I read an article about it and the (supposed) basis for the ruling is this:

1. All laws and executive orders, in order to be valid, must have at least a rational basis. (You cannot pass a law banning red-haired people from eating popcorn on Tuesdays because there is no rational basis for such a law.)

2. Trump claims as his rational basis for rescinding DACA that DACA was illegal to begin with.

3. DACA was not illegal to begin with because the Supreme Court has not declared it to be illegal and until the Supreme Court steps in it is legal (this is absurd reasoning)

4. There is therefore no rational basis for rescinding DACA and that rescission is illegal

I obviously agree with very little of the above ... just letting anyone interested know what the supposed basis for the ruling is.
Imagine applying that ridiculous logic to FDR's internment camp EO.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:Feaxcahontas is on Fox saying she wants America to live up to its promise to the DACA individuals. I’m confused. What promises did America make to them? I’m not aware of any.
Yeah I don't remember making any promises either.