CNN finally lost its mind over "sh!thole countries"

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

CNN finally lost its mind over "sh!thole countries"

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

LOL!

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: CNN finally lost its mind over "sh!thole countries"

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Liberal men are all secretly gay to some degree. They are emotional and easily triggered. They are basically women with penises.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Meh CNN (Crap News Channel) is a sh1thole channel.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Liberal men are all secretly gay to some degree. They are emotional and easily triggered. They are basically women with penises.

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Liberal men are all secretly gay to some degree. They are emotional and easily triggered. They are basically women with penises.

That was a smokin’ take.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: CNN finally lost its mind over

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

That was a smokin’ take.

If the butt plug fits...

Sounds like that hit a little close to home for you and IP. Maybe you ladies can cry over it and do some hot yoga.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

That was a smokin’ take.

If the butt plug fits...

Sounds like that hit a little close to home for you and IP. Maybe you ladies can cry over it and do some hot yoga.
I just know that Nolan and I can manage to carry on without mentioned some form of anal sexual stimulation. You and AG, not so much.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

That was a smokin’ take.

If the butt plug fits...

I just know that Nolan and I can manage to carry on without mentioned some form of anal sexual stimulation. You and AG, not so much.

I dunno why USN is thinking about two dudes having sex with some hot yoga on the side, but I won’t judge him for being into that sort of thing.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Being liberal is beta as heck.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

The most ridiculous part of this whole fake firestorm is that we do not even know for sure what Trump actually said, or what the context was. All we have is Dick Durbin (who is not known for being a great truth teller) telling the Democrat media that is what Trump said. Meanwhile, we have Trump and 2 other Senators who were present saying Trump never said it. Hell, even Jake Tapper said Trump did not say what the rest of his colleagues at Fake News Network are freaking out about.

There is no tape or video of Trump saying this or the conversation, so its really disingenuous to assume what happened, and the freak the F out about it. Where are the journalism standards? Where is the skepticism? Where is the "intellectual curiosity" to find the real truth? Instead we live in a country where so-called "news' networks heard someone start or spread a rumor that they believe reflects poorly on Trump, so they just run with it. That is NOT journalism. Even the National Enquirer has higher standards than that.

But its interesting to see just who is so willing to believe Fake News if it fits their own narrative about Trump. And its also interesting to see posters on this board immediately run here and post "Trump is a racist!!!" just like they were told to on Fake News Network and MSDNC. I guess they are not feeling so great about "Russia Collusion" this week.

==============================================================

January 14, 2018
Take a step back: Did Trump really even say the s-word?
By Tom Trinko

Our first step in responding to the fake news firestorm about what Trump did or didn't say about some African countries is to figure out what Trump actually said.

Two leakers say he used the term "s---holes" to describe Haiti and African countries. However, the only person corroborating that as this is being written is a Democrat. Given that Harry Reid gleefully admitted to lying about Mitt Romney not paying taxes, it's not irrational to question that Democrat's veracity.

We also know that the leakers were willing to hurt the U.S. in order to gain a partisan political advantage. The leakers knew that whether they were telling the truth or not, it would hurt the U.S. and that didn't slow them down a bit. That indicates a lack of trustworthiness.

We further know that the leakers were wrong in that already Jake Tapper is saying Trump didn't attack Haiti in the way the leakers said Trump did.

There are two trustworthy Republican senators who say they didn't hear Trump say what the leakers claim. Even Lindsey "I want citizenship and welfare for life for anyone who can sneak into the U.S." Graham didn't confirm the leakers' terminology. Instead, Graham said Trump said something Lindsey "Americans are the problem and everyone overseas is better than Americans" Graham felt the need to "chastise" Trump about.

The reality is that Trump probably used coarse language to make a valid point: why are we letting people with no skills and whose allegiance is to their tribe, not their country in when we're keeping people with skills and whose allegiance is to the rule of law out?

In fact, we can easily imagine Trump describing countries like Somalia as hellholes. Interestingly, the use of "hellhole" – which is hardly less offensive than "s-hole" – to describe Haiti and Somalia is common; just check the internet. Apparently, only when Trump uses a pejorative to describe countries do the media go into a hissy fit.

Anyone who wouldn't say that Haiti and Somalia are hellholes is lacking in compassion. The people in Somalia and many other African countries live miserable lives, and pointing that out is hardly an act of evil. The real problem for the Democrats is that Trump is saying what most Americans believe: the role of immigration is to help America, not to help the rest of the world. If someone from Somalia has what it takes to be a good American, by all means, let him in, but that doesn't mean we should be taking pretty much anyone from Somalia while rejecting highly skilled people from Japan or Norway.

What's really interesting is that the same leftists now having a conniption fit over what Trump might have said have been telling us for decades that those same countries are in fact hellholes. For ages, leftists have been saying we have to let immigrants in from poor third-world countries because life in those countries is so bad. It's unclear how leftists are rationalizing the fact that they continue to say life in those countries is bad with being incensed with Trump saying life in those countries is bad, but the one skill leftists have is nursing double-standards, so they'll undoubtedly muddle through.

Even better, how many Americans have given of their hard-earned money – not other people's tax dollars – to help Haiti and other third-world countries precisely because those countries are hellholes? After all, if Haiti isn't a horrible place to live, why send money at all?

Why the media insanity? Basically, it's Russia redux. The Democrats, being fascists at heart, refuse to accept any election result they don't approve of. As a result, they will do anything to attack Trump.

Democrat politicians care no more about low-skill legal immigrants and illegal aliens than they do about inner-city blacks. So long as they get the votes, Democrats are more than willing to watch the people they supposedly stand up for live horrible lives in miserable conditions.

The whole attack on Trump is simply a disinformation campaign to distract Americans from the Democrats' plan to remake America in the image of those third-world hellholes, with the Democrats being the kleptocrats who live large off the labors of others.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... sword.html

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: CNN finally lost its mind over

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

That was a smokin’ take.

If the butt plug fits...

I dunno why USN is thinking about two dudes having sex with some hot yoga on the side, but I won’t judge him for being into that sort of thing.

You two should probably cry and embrace now.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Seriously, what is the point of using this word so many times? It is completely unnecessary to make the point or report on the story. The only reason to do is to advance an agenda - either that or CNN is staffed with people that have the sense of humor of a 15 year old.

=======================================================

CNN Leaps Into The Toilet: Network Aired 195 Uses of 'S***hole' on Friday
By Tim Graham | January 15, 2018 6:37 PM EST

In the contest for Most Offended News Network after President Trump reportedly referred to African nations as “s***hole” countries, CNN wins hands down. NewsBusters staff combed through CNN transcripts on Nexis for the S-hole word in the 24 hours of January 12 – the first full day after The Washington Post reported the controversy – and found CNN staffers and CNN guests uncorked the profanity 195 times in one day.

That doesn't count Saturday, Sunday or Monday. They could be headed for 1,000 by now. It also doesn't count the amount of time they put the S-word on screen (sometimes twice, as you can see on Cuomo's temporary prime time show.)

Compare that to Fox News Channel. Their curse count was zero. FNC told staff and guests not to say it.

ABC, CBS, and the PBS NewsHour were also zero, and the NBC Nightly News uncorked one on January 11. FCC obscenity regulations apply only to broadcast TV stations between 6 am and 10 pm, so cable networks can let it fly without any fear of fines.

MSNBC's prime-time shows (the only ones in Nexis) used 14 S-words from 5 pm to 11 pm on Friday.

Some hours of Friday were much more aggressive in their use of the word. Don Lemon’s show CNN Tonight used 33 S-bombs -- 22 in the 10 pm hour, and another 11 at 11 pm. Lemon did everything but ask if the missing Malaysian jet vanished into an S-hole.

Lemon lectured "it was people from what he calls shithole countries who built this country, who built the White House. Nothing that Donald Trump says can change that."

Technically there were 196 S-bombs, since Van Jones noted in Lemon's space “I understand what he actually said was shithouse, and so he didn't say shithole.” Also technically, Nexis showed no CNN transcript from 3:15 to 4:00 am. (We typically don't record overnight.)

CNN’s New Day also rolled out 33 S-bombs in its three hours from 6 am to 9 am. Let’s hope the soccer moms didn’t watch Cuomo and Camerota on Friday. By contrast, Wolf Blitzer’s and Erin Burnett’s hours only aired two apiece.­

The cursing cavalcade was cheered by CNN’s Jeff Yang, who despised reporters beating around the hole: “I'm proud that the great majority of CNN's anchors and correspondents -- including Jim Acosta, Anderson Cooper, Don Lemon, Phil Mudd, Jake Tapper and Brian Stelter -- did not do so.”

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/ti ... ole-friday

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Seriously, what is the point of using this word so many times? It is completely unnecessary to make the point or report on the story. The only reason to do is to advance an agenda - either that or CNN is staffed with people that have the sense of humor of a 15 year old.

=======================================================

CNN Leaps Into The Toilet: Network Aired 195 Uses of 'S***hole' on Friday
By Tim Graham | January 15, 2018 6:37 PM EST

In the contest for Most Offended News Network after President Trump reportedly referred to African nations as “s***hole” countries, CNN wins hands down. NewsBusters staff combed through CNN transcripts on Nexis for the S-hole word in the 24 hours of January 12 – the first full day after The Washington Post reported the controversy – and found CNN staffers and CNN guests uncorked the profanity 195 times in one day.

That doesn't count Saturday, Sunday or Monday. They could be headed for 1,000 by now. It also doesn't count the amount of time they put the S-word on screen (sometimes twice, as you can see on Cuomo's temporary prime time show.)

Compare that to Fox News Channel. Their curse count was zero. FNC told staff and guests not to say it.

ABC, CBS, and the PBS NewsHour were also zero, and the NBC Nightly News uncorked one on January 11. FCC obscenity regulations apply only to broadcast TV stations between 6 am and 10 pm, so cable networks can let it fly without any fear of fines.

MSNBC's prime-time shows (the only ones in Nexis) used 14 S-words from 5 pm to 11 pm on Friday.

Some hours of Friday were much more aggressive in their use of the word. Don Lemon’s show CNN Tonight used 33 S-bombs -- 22 in the 10 pm hour, and another 11 at 11 pm. Lemon did everything but ask if the missing Malaysian jet vanished into an S-hole.

Lemon lectured "it was people from what he calls shithole countries who built this country, who built the White House. Nothing that Donald Trump says can change that."

Technically there were 196 S-bombs, since Van Jones noted in Lemon's space “I understand what he actually said was shithouse, and so he didn't say shithole.” Also technically, Nexis showed no CNN transcript from 3:15 to 4:00 am. (We typically don't record overnight.)

CNN’s New Day also rolled out 33 S-bombs in its three hours from 6 am to 9 am. Let’s hope the soccer moms didn’t watch Cuomo and Camerota on Friday. By contrast, Wolf Blitzer’s and Erin Burnett’s hours only aired two apiece.­

The cursing cavalcade was cheered by CNN’s Jeff Yang, who despised reporters beating around the hole: “I'm proud that the great majority of CNN's anchors and correspondents -- including Jim Acosta, Anderson Cooper, Don Lemon, Phil Mudd, Jake Tapper and Brian Stelter -- did not do so.”

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/ti ... ole-friday
Yep, it should have been embarrassing to them. By doing that, they lowered themselves to the level of childishness that they're accusing the POTUS of. As for Dick Durbin vs. Trump, figuring out which one is telling the truth is an impossible exercise.