Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

I hope we can all be as open minded at Jay from Huntsville

Post by ElbertoHokie »

on this MLK day. Or maybe I should say, can we all be open to evolving values as Jay was.

https://www.facebook.com/finebaum/video ... 580379787/
cwtcr hokie

Re: I hope we can all be as open minded at Jay from Huntsvil

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:on this MLK day. Or maybe I should say, can we all be open to evolving values as Jay was.

except it is statistically proven that the biggest danger to black folks is...... other black folks. I agree black folks should not be racist to other black folks and not kill them
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:on this MLK day. Or maybe I should say, can we all be open to evolving values as Jay was.

That is a nice bit. Thanks for sharing.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

except it is statistically proven that the biggest danger to black folks is...... other black folks. I agree black folks should not be racist to other black folks and not kill them
How in the world did you pull that meaning out of the video? How did you come to that conclusion? Did you watch the full video?
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Kind of a cheap shot, chicken excrement comment on MLK day, don't you think? Do you equate people you disagree with politically with the kkk? Pray tell, what evolving values are you referring to?
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Kind of a cheap shot, chicken excrement comment on MLK day, don't you think? Do you equate people you disagree with politically with the kkk? Pray tell, what evolving values are you referring to?
Actually I just hope each and every one of us can have the capacity for change in whatever way we may be close minded.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Actually I just hope each and every one of us can have the capacity for change in whatever way we may be close minded.
No, you made the (moralistic fallacy...slavery was an evolving value at one time) argument that we should all be open to evolving values.

This is the best time ever for someone to be an actual racist - because people who want to lynch blacks are lumped together with the people who don't want to pay for Elberto's grief counseling after his cat gets hit by a car.
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
No, you made the (moralistic fallacy...slavery was an evolving value at one time) argument that we should all be open to evolving values.

This is the best time ever for someone to be an actual racist - because people who want to lynch blacks are lumped together with the people who don't want to pay for Elberto's grief counseling after his cat gets hit by a car.
USN needs a hug everyone. I guess MLK day triggered you. Go find yourself a safe space.
Last edited by ElbertoHokie on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Merry Christmas Ham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote: USN needs a hug everyone. I guess MLK day triggered you. Go find yourself a safe space.
I'm sure MLK is proud of you for taking political cheap shots (with fallacious arguments) in his name. So clever!
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Merry Christmas Ham.

I must have missed something because I have no idea what the reference for this is.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Not watching it, but also know that "open mind" arguments from closed minded partisans like Elberto is just a debate tactic to entertain his opinion while ignoring his opposition's opinion. He'll never give the consideration for others that he demands for himself.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Stay pissed ip!
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Not watching it, but also know that "open mind" arguments from closed minded partisans like Elberto is just a debate tactic to entertain his opinion while ignoring his opposition's opinion. He'll never give the consideration for others that he demands for himself.
I'll summarize:

Some old guy who was racist is now not racist, and you should be more like him by buying stuff for ElbertoHokie (or importing democrat voters who want you to buy them stuff) ...it's what MLK would have wanted.

Also, pat Elberto on the back for being so selfless.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Not watching it, but also know that "open mind" arguments from closed minded partisans like Elberto is just a debate tactic to entertain his opinion while ignoring his opposition's opinion. He'll never give the consideration for others that he demands for himself.
I'll summarize:

Some old guy who was racist is now not racist, and you should be more like him by buying stuff for ElbertoHokie (or importing democrat voters who want you to buy them stuff) ...it's what MLK would have wanted.

Also, pat Elberto on the back for being so selfless.
Typical. The correct interpretation of "open minded" from a liberal is "like minded". They're not interested in contemplating the position of people they arrogantly call deplorables.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Merry Christmas Ham.

I must have missed something because I have no idea what the reference for this is.
Just ip being ip. It's part of his epic political debate game.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

It's a nice story, but the comments below tell me something, and I feel this way myself. A lot of us white people are just sick and tired of talking about race all the time. It's been beat into me for 45 years and I get it. I've had just about enough. I strap my balls on and go to work everyday just like most people. I don't live some spectacular life. I don't have a yacht. I don't have a big house. My neighborhood is very average. I'm an average American. I don't do anything bad to people of color or minorities to mess their lives up. I don't really need to evolve.

My question is, when does everyone just STFU over race? Because if they don't, doesn't it prove that diversity isn't what it is cracked up to be? If diversity is so great, everyone should just go about their day and we shouldn't have to hear about this all of the time. This is not a shot at Elberto's post really. The story is nice. I'm just saying.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:

It's a nice story, but the comments below tell me something, and I feel this way myself. A lot of us white people are just sick and tired of talking about race all the time. It's been beat into me for 45 years and I get it. I've had just about enough. I strap my balls on and go to work everyday just like most people. I don't live some spectacular life. I don't have a yacht. I don't have a big house. My neighborhood is very average. I'm an average American. I don't do anything bad to people of color or minorities to mess their lives up. I don't really need to evolve.

My question is, when does everyone just STFU over race? Because if they don't, doesn't it prove that diversity isn't what it is cracked up to be? If diversity is so great, everyone should just go about their day and we shouldn't have to hear about this all of the time. This is not a shot at Elberto's post really. The story is nice. I'm just saying.
Ditto about race. Well said, sick of it.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:

It will never stop. They want equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity. The former will never happen without beating everyone down to the lowest common denominator - and they'll try.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

It will never stop. They want equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity. The former will never happen without beating everyone down to the lowest common denominator - and they'll try.
They want black superiority, whites as slaves giving them the fruits of white labor. They're not looking to advance via work, they want to advance via public money. MLK is dead in the modern black movement.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:

Yup. This is the main reason Trump won......and they are doubling down on the identity politics.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

Yup. This is the main reason Trump won......and they are doubling down on the identity politics.
Hillary Clinton was the main reason Trump won. Don’t kid yourself.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

Both were horrible candidates. She was worse. All the racist crap pushed a ton of people over to “silently” vote for Trump.......which is why the establishment and the polls all had her winning in a landslide.......

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

Nope. Attacks by haughty asses like yourself against blue collar workers turned them off from the Democrat party. The DNC zoo has no room for domestic animals.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

Nope. Attacks by haughty asses like yourself against blue collar workers turned them off from the Democrat party. The DNC zoo has no room for domestic animals.
Uh huh