Interestin that FBI has gone to Samsung 5 cell phones

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
133743Hokie

Interestin that FBI has gone to Samsung 5 cell phones

Post by 133743Hokie »

The USG used to use Blackberries almost exclusively because of the closed network and the fact they were the most secure phones on the market at the time. I know last year some government entities were going to switch over to windows phone because they are the most secure on the market. But Samsung? Really? Probably the most hacked phones on the market.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Re: Interestin that FBI has gone to Samsung 5 cell phones

Post by HokieJoe »

That's an Android problem. Samsung is just the most popular Android phone. And yes, allowing any Android phone into an enterprise environment with security or confidentiality issues is a stupid idea.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Will this make it more difficult to “lose”/ hide texts?

I wonder what the so called secret society thinks
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:That's an Android problem. Samsung is just the most popular Android phone. And yes, allowing any Android phone into an enterprise environment with security or confidentiality issues is a stupid idea.
Correct. Again, surprised USG transitioned to Android given all the potential problems.
ElbertoHokie
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

What other options do they have? I thought Blackberry was exiting the market. I know they got bought and they were going totally to software. Maybe they're still using blackberry software on the android phones?
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:What other options do they have? I thought Blackberry was exiting the market. I know they got bought and they were going totally to software. Maybe they're still using blackberry software on the android phones?
Right now a lot of government entities are going to windows phones as they are considered the most secure and from a technology point, they have the most advanced phone (HP Elite X3) geared towards business use.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Right.. "smart" people "IT" people buy samsung/android BECAUSE you can "hack" it and change the soft keys- you know because they are "smart". "Smart/Techy" people don't buy or use iphones, because they work out of the box and have limited user modification ability. LOLOLOLOL
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

CFB Apologist wrote:Right.. "smart" people "IT" people buy samsung/android BECAUSE you can "hack" it and change the soft keys- you know because they are "smart". "Smart/Techy" people don't buy or use iphones, because they work out of the box and have limited user modification ability. LOLOLOLOL

Android is popular with some people because it doesn't employ a walled garden like iOS.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson