Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Larry Nassar sentenced to 40-175 years

Post by nolanvt »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Reports out that Izzo and Dantonio may resign/retire soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
why?
Think Baylor. Not treating sexual assault charges against players in a proper manner.
Some ESPN report came out recently.
Correct. There appears to be a coverup culture at MSU that includes the football and basketball programs. People aren’t resigning and being fired because they acted appropriately.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
In this particular case you have a doctor, doctors do touch people during exams, sometimes in your genital parts. I agree all it should take is one but also in this particular case you have a he said /she said with very little evidence unless the victim had a rape kit done at a hospital if it is even possible to get dna off the docs fingers. So REALISTICALLY and totally IN MY OPINION it may take more than one to raise a large amount of suspicion. You are welcome to disagree
Which is why the University should be involved. Leave of absence, new Dr in the interim., talk to other athletes. What's the reaction, etc.
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Reports out that Izzo and Dantonio may resign/retire soon.

why?
Think Baylor. Not treating sexual assault charges against players in a proper manner.
Some ESPN report came out recently.
Correct. There appears to be a coverup culture at MSU that includes the football and basketball programs. People aren’t resigning and being fired because they acted appropriately.

was anybody actually charged and convicted? (fball i am talking about)
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote: Your words, not mine. My only point is that you have shown you do not know the facts of the case. That doesn't mean your a dumbass, just an uninformed opinion. It's common on a message board.

FWIW - your initial point was that if any not several. What would have prevented it is people listening and putting people's interests over that of a program, be it MSU or the Olympics.
get real man, a coach or AD or even prez of a school can arrest someone.... when did this change in our laws happen? WE have law enforcement for that purpose. I know you are super smart and again I did follow the issue and have read up on it. It is tragic for sure

you do understand that many of the victims were not students at MSU, Nassar happened to work there and was also a sports doctor on his own. So not sure where you think it was a big cover up to protect MSU. If the prez of your company did not arrest a co-worker that raped a fellow worker should your prez be fired? Remember if he goes to the cops and the victim does not or will not give evidence the cops can do absolutely nothing.

you make it sound so simple, go to a coach and the guy is in prison for life...... that is not how law enforcement works
No, you go to the coach and other administrators and the guy is suspended/put on leave, thereby stopping the pattern . Next the police come in and investigate criminality .
Suspended for an accusation? If the victim does not file charges with the cops the cops are not going to be involved. The coach can go to the cops, without an actual victim filing charges there is zero action on the cops part as that is how they operate. Otherwise you could get anyone arrested by telling cops anything. Getting him suspended just moves the problem to wherever he goes next.

You have noticed that all of the hollywood folks accused and told to go away and disappear have not had any actual charges filed on them by law enforcement.
I'll type slowly so your little brain can try and grasp this. Step 1, suspend/put on leave/whatever to protect from future abuse. Step 2, contact police about past abuses so they can investigate. You have to remove the guy from the situation. If not, he's still there doing his thing while the police investigate . This really isnt that hard to understand. You cant be this F'in thick.
Ok try that, without an actual victim of the crime the cops have nothing to investigate, I guess I have no idea how law enforcement operates. OK, fyi, I agree Nassar should have been stopped long before 170+ victims and it is a tragedy. I blame Nassar

btw 133743, we can disagree without the personal insults, have a good one
You rednecks should all be more civil.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
In this particular case you have a doctor, doctors do touch people during exams, sometimes in your genital parts. I agree all it should take is one but also in this particular case you have a he said /she said with very little evidence unless the victim had a rape kit done at a hospital if it is even possible to get dna off the docs fingers. So REALISTICALLY and totally IN MY OPINION it may take more than one to raise a large amount of suspicion. You are welcome to disagree
Which is why the University should be involved. Leave of absence, new Dr in the interim., talk to other athletes. What's the reaction, etc.
You get it right, so suspend him and you move the problem, without an actual victim going to the police and placing charges all you are doing is moving the problem somewhere else. I agree in a perfect world they suspend and Nassar goes to the cops and confesses to everything, somehow I doubt he would ever do that
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.