So who here will be tuning out the Super Bowl?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: So who here will be tuning out the Super Bowl?

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote: You hadn't posted yet, but I'm sure you will be online by yourself too and you could have just as well be named. Have fun buddy!
I'll not be around you or your ilk and that's a key component to the start of a good time. Addition via subtraction.
You realize you can watch the Super Bowl without watching it with BG, right big buddy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Read all the words.
Everybody who watches the super bowl is of BG’s asshole ilk? OK.

That's a stretch, even for you.
I hope you can find a suitably redneck super bowl party big guy.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I'll not be around you or your ilk and that's a key component to the start of a good time. Addition via subtraction.
You realize you can watch the Super Bowl without watching it with BG, right big buddy?

Read all the words.
Everybody who watches the super bowl is of BG’s asshole ilk? OK.

That's a stretch, even for you.
I hope you can find a suitably redneck super bowl party big guy.

Ok
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Haven't watched it in years. Don't plan on it.
You consciously look away from the TV at Super Bowl parties? Hang out with the wives and discuss the latest school district shake up?
I haven't been to a superbowl party since since the infamous wardrobe malfunction. Coincidentally, that was also my introduction to Tivo.

Ditching the children on a Sunday and driving on the road with a bunch of drunks just isn't my thing - we can't all live the "Chive On" lifestyle I guess.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
You consciously look away from the TV at Super Bowl parties? Hang out with the wives and discuss the latest school district shake up?
I haven't been to a superbowl party since since the infamous wardrobe malfunction. Coincidentally, that was also my introduction to Tivo.

Ditching the children on a Sunday and driving on the road with a bunch of drunks just isn't my thing - we can't all live the "Chive On" lifestyle I guess.
Do you still get invites to super bowl parties?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:I’m going to a party at a new friend’s place that I’m really looking forward to. I’m sure the game will be on, but I’m there for the social aspect.
The Super Bowl is a very social occasion for most. I usually either host friends, or watch it at a friend's place.

Are there folks here who have declined social invitations to attend Super Bowl parties?
Same here, I look forward to the Super Bowl every year because of the Super Bowl party. Great atmosphere. Square pools and other silly $1 bets, who is actually playing the game hardly matters.

It's actually kind of sad that most in this thread don't have friends and are just putzing around not participating in one of Merica's greatest holidays.

I hurt for looosers like miles, USN Hokie, and oakton. Just kidding, on second thought, they deserve it.
Hey hey, we can't all live the Chive'r lifestyle with DUI's, bankruptcy, divorce, diabetes, and herpes at age 35. You just be you and rock that minivan over there.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Funny story - I was just working out a time to go out to dinner with a friend and our wives on Sunday and neither of us realized Sunday was the superbowl until I tried to make reservations.

Should I file your post with "why doesn't everyone like what I like?" The NFL is boring, politicized, and the commercials aren't even any good. The only thing worse is the inevitable, manufactured "what was your favorite commercial?" debate on the news the next day. I'm sure the lounge will have a thread on it, don't worry.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Funny story - I was just working out a time to go out to dinner with a friend and our wives on Sunday and neither of us realized Sunday was the superbowl until I tried to make reservations.

Should I file your post with "why doesn't everyone like what I like?" The NFL is boring, politicized, and the commercials aren't even any good. The only thing worse is the inevitable, manufactured "what was your favorite commercial?" debate on the news the next day. I'm sure the lounge will have a thread on it, don't worry.
Do you think your wife will let you have a sip?

BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Why would I not take the kids to a Super Bowl Party? They probably look forward to it more than I do. Sorry you haven't been invited back to a Super Bowl party since the wardrobe malfuntion, loser.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Why would I not take the kids to a Super Bowl Party? They probably look forward to it more than I do. Sorry you haven't been invited back to a Super Bowl party since the wardrobe malfuntion, loser.
We're not reckless and take kids to a party with a bunch of drunks. I'm sure your kids won't forget you acting like an asshole playing beer pong and belittling thoughts that everyone else calls common sense.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

We're not reckless and take kids to a party with a bunch of drunks. I'm sure your kids won't forget you acting like an asshole playing beer pong and belittling thoughts that everyone else calls common sense.
Believe it or not, people do manage to attend social gatherings without getting blitzed. It is possible, outside of Danville.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Believe it or not, people do manage to attend social gatherings without getting blitzed. It is possible, outside of Danville.
Not outside Manchester and those heathens. BG was bragging about alcohol games at this "family" event.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote: You consciously look away from the TV at Super Bowl parties? Hang out with the wives and discuss the latest school district shake up?

Not outside Manchester and those heathens. BG was bragging about alcohol games at this "family" event.
I’m going to let you in on a secret. People have drank a beer or two in front of kids before without getting blitzed and acting like it’s a frat party. It’s possible. I have seen it happen at numerous gatherings, in fact.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote: I’m going to let you in on a secret. People have drank a beer or two in front of kids before without getting blitzed and acting like it’s a frat party. It’s possible. I have seen it happen at numerous gatherings, in fact.

I doubt your ability to comprehend what happened at those events. Drunkenness does explain a lot of your thoughts and policies though. Have another one lush.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Good point. Your kids can see that behavior at any time, in the comfort of their own home, watching daddy scream at his computer.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Good point. Your kids can see that behavior at any time, in the comfort of their own home, watching daddy scream at his computer.
I don't drink in front of my kids or in my house, but thanks for playing.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

How'd this thread get so pissy

!?!
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

RiverguyVT wrote:How'd this thread get so pissy

!?!

Agreed, this thread should've died after the first page.

And, FTR, I couldn't care less about the SB. I hate both teams, and the NFL bores me.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:

!?!

Agreed, this thread should've died after the first page.

And, FTR, I couldn't care less about the SB. I hate both teams, and the NFL bores me.
It's been said that if you are home alone watching the Super Bowl, it may be time to reflect on one's life.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
Are you a teetotaler?
People who know, know.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

!?!
BG Hokie started it!!!!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Are you a teetotaler?
No
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Are you a liar or just stupid? Show me where I bragged about "alcohol" games in this thread.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Asks why kids shouldn't go to a superbowl party in the same breath as he discusses wardrobe malfunctions. I'm guessing that the white trash parties a chiver would go to aren't appropriate for a kid...just a guess.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Asks why kids shouldn't go to a superbowl party in the same breath as he discusses wardrobe malfunctions. I'm guessing that the white trash parties a chiver would go to aren't appropriate for a kid...just a guess.
Yes, Super Bowl parties among upper middle class suburban Northern Virginia families are super inappropriate for children. The horror of what they might see at such a function!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Yes, Super Bowl parties among upper middle class suburban Northern Virginia families are super inappropriate for children. The horror of what they might see at such a function!
"upper middle class" LOL. Have fun being an ass in your 1200 sqft estate. How many people can even fit in the split level? Ya'll must be stacked in like clowns. The entire room is bunks to get 6 people in at the same time.