Crowdfund to build the wall -- interesting concept

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HvilleHokie

Re: Crowdfund to build the wall -- interesting concept

Post by HvilleHokie »

I thought Mexico was going to pay for it.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

I was saying this before the election.

Everyone who donates should get their name or a message they select on a section of the wall too. You could take the family to go visit your section of the wall...and bring poles to push off anyone trying to climb over.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HvilleHokie wrote:I thought Mexico was going to pay for it.
Indirectly they will. When their desperate citizens can't get into the US Mexico will now have to take care of them. When the remittance payments back to Mexico slow down, Mexico will "pay". When the Central Americans coming up thru Mexico get stopped at the border and thus settle in Mexico instead of the US, Mexico will "pay". In short, stopping illegal immigration across the southern border is going to be bad for Mexico. They will definitely "pay". Couldn't happen to a nicer government.
Attila T Hun

well why not

Post by Attila T Hun »

Trumpsters pay for everything else while the Dems have their hands out crying me, me, me.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
Indirectly they will. When their desperate citizens can't get into the US Mexico will now have to take care of them. When the remittance payments back to Mexico slow down, Mexico will "pay". When the Central Americans coming up thru Mexico get stopped at the border and thus settle in Mexico instead of the US, Mexico will "pay". In short, stopping illegal immigration across the southern border is going to be bad for Mexico. They will definitely "pay". Couldn't happen to a nicer government.
I like it. Trumpsters pay for the wall and despite all their dipshirtery, CA and TX benefit greatly from the lessened expense burden of illegal aliens.

And the red states finally start making a dent in their net taker status with respect to federal dollars.

The only real problem will be finding people to frame houses, which is already a big issue.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
I like it. Trumpsters pay for the wall and despite all their dipshirtery, CA and TX benefit greatly from the lessened expense burden of illegal aliens.

And the red states finally start making a dent in their net taker status with respect to federal dollars.

The only real problem will be finding people to frame houses, which is already a big issue.

So put those new to the Medicaid rolls under Obamacare to work. Teach them a skill with a hammer, power saw and nail gun. Another problem solved. Two for two!
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

HokieFanDC wrote:The only real problem will be finding people to frame houses, which is already a big issue.
Don't forget people to pick lettuce.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:The only real problem will be finding people to frame houses, which is already a big issue.
Don't forget people to pick lettuce.
...and make croutons. :lol:

DC's post was low-hanging fruit, but if you insist.... :mrgreen:
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

I'm all for cutting off benefits as part of immigration reform. There will be plenty of no to low skill jobs available. Get off you couch, put down the XBox remote and go to work.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

you also thought Thunder thighs would win in a landslide
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

So put those new to the Medicaid rolls under Obamacare to work. Teach them a skill with a hammer, power saw and nail gun. Another problem solved. Two for two!
I'm pretty sure I heard those chants.

Trump: "And who's going to pay for it? "
Crowd: "MEXICO, METAPHORICALLY!"
People who know, know.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

A person who understands business can understand how Trump will make them pay for it. A person like you expects a bill to be sent to Mexico.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

he put that out there knowing the dems will not do anything about the wall, it is all part of the immigration debate . but hey, lets be the only country on the planet with zero immigration enforcement, should work out well for us
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

he put that out there knowing the dems will not do anything about the wall, it is all part of the immigration debate . but hey, lets be the only country on the planet with zero immigration enforcement, should work out well for us
Really, why do you have to be like that. Let's at least get the facts right.
https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files ... rofile.pdf
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files ... rofile.pdf[/quote]

So you agree that having the best border protection and controlling immigration is a great idea...good

you do realize the debate currently is about granting amnesty to MILLIONS of illegal aliens...hmmm, how did we get millions if the border security is so great?
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: Indirectly they will. When their desperate citizens can't get into the US Mexico will now have to take care of them. When the remittance payments back to Mexico slow down, Mexico will "pay". When the Central Americans coming up thru Mexico get stopped at the border and thus settle in Mexico instead of the US, Mexico will "pay". In short, stopping illegal immigration across the southern border is going to be bad for Mexico. They will definitely "pay". Couldn't happen to a nicer government.

So you agree that having the best border protection and controlling immigration is a great idea...good

you do realize the debate currently is about granting amnesty to MILLIONS of illegal aliens...hmmm, how did we get millions if the border security is so great?[/quote]
IMO the debate is about the whole ball of wax...
"The Wall"
DACA
"The Dreamers"
Chain migration
Visa lottery
e-verify
Amnesty/permanent residency/citizenship for illegals
Skills & education requirements for future legal immigrants

These all need to resolved to set the path for the next generation
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: So put those new to the Medicaid rolls under Obamacare to work. Teach them a skill with a hammer, power saw and nail gun. Another problem solved. Two for two!

I didn't agree to anything.
cwtcr hokie wrote:you do realize the debate currently is about granting amnesty to MILLIONS of illegal aliens...hmmm, how did we get millions if the border security is so great?
I never said it was great. For what it's worth, it could be great now and we could still have a lot of illegals.
People who know, know.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

I'm all for cutting off benefits as part of immigration reform. There will be plenty of no to low skill jobs available. Get off you couch, put down the XBox remote and go to work.
There are already plenty of low skill jobs available in Arizona, and all across the US. Right now, we don't have people trained to fill them.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Does that mean Dems will crowdfund their healthcare, abortions, women's contraceptives, etc etc etc?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

you do realize the debate currently is about granting amnesty to MILLIONS of illegal aliens...hmmm, how did we get millions if the border security is so great?[/quote]
IMO the debate is about the whole ball of wax...
"The Wall"
DACA
"The Dreamers"
Chain migration
Visa lottery
e-verify
Amnesty/permanent residency/citizenship for illegals
Skills & education requirements for future legal immigrants

These all need to resolved to set the path for the next generation[/quote]

correct
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

There are already plenty of low skill jobs available in Arizona, and all across the US. Right now, we don't have people trained to fill them.
We have plenty to fill them but if you can get free money and benefits from the gov. why work?
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: So put those new to the Medicaid rolls under Obamacare to work. Teach them a skill with a hammer, power saw and nail gun. Another problem solved. Two for two!

I didn't agree to anything.
cwtcr hokie wrote:you do realize the debate currently is about granting amnesty to MILLIONS of illegal aliens...hmmm, how did we get millions if the border security is so great?
I never said it was great. For what it's worth, it could be great now and we could still have a lot of illegals.
actually no, you make the southern border much more difficult to cross..... alot less illegals
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

We have plenty to fill them but if you can get free money and benefits from the gov. why work?
First, we don't have enough people with the skills to do construction work.
Second, the money you make doing construction work is much higher than sitting at home collecting govt. money. And wages for those jobs has increased a lot in the past 2 years. The free money argument is not valid.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

I'm all for cutting off benefits as part of immigration reform. There will be plenty of no to low skill jobs available. Get off you couch, put down the XBox remote and go to work.[/quote]

There are already plenty of low skill jobs available in Arizona, and all across the US. Right now, we don't have people trained to fill them.[/quote]

We have plenty to fill them but if you can get free money and benefits from the gov. why work?[/quote]

First, we don't have enough people with the skills to do construction work.
Second, the money you make doing construction work is much higher than sitting at home collecting govt. money. And wages for those jobs has increased a lot in the past 2 years. The free money argument is not valid.[/quote]

except to earn money doing constr work you actually have to work and can't be high or drunk all day.... so no, the freebies for many people are a much better plan then actually working your ass off as I do to EARN your income. We do have plenty of people, we don't have plenty of people with any kind of work ethic or personal responsibility