So.....the NYT’s bombshell......

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

So.....the NYT’s bombshell......

Post by HokieHam »

As Trump said is fake news.......

CBS actually detailing what happened.

How can anyone trust any of them though.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Re: So.....the NYT’s bombshell......

Post by ElbertoHokie »

HokieHam wrote:As Trump said is fake news.......

Is this the comey thing? Fox News said its sources had confirmed too.

Hannity even touted it as fake news, then 40 mins later he recanted and said Fox News sources had confirmed.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:

Hannity even touted it as fake news, then 40 mins later he recanted and said Fox News sources had confirmed.
I assume you're talking about Mueller not Comey?

And "confirmed" what exactly? That Trump discussed firing Mueller? So what?????? Is that a crime?

The NYTs wrote a story to make it sound like Trump was yelling at his own council demanding that they go fire Mueller and his council stood up and threatened to resign if Trump forced him to go do that. That is FAKE NEWS!!!!!

BTW, Mueller has not been fired, so no matter what Trump and his staff/attorney's discuss behind closed doors, there is no reason for you guys to be getting your panties in a wad. I swear, you all just wait around and look for something to get outraged over.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

And "confirmed" what exactly? That Trump discussed firing Mueller? So what?????? Is that a crime?

The NYTs wrote a story to make it sound like Trump was yelling at his own council demanding that they go fire Mueller and his council stood up and threatened to resign if Trump forced him to go do that. That is FAKE NEWS!!!!!

BTW, Mueller has not been fired, so no matter what Trump and his staff/attorney's discuss behind closed doors, there is no reason for you guys to be getting your panties in a wad. I swear, you all just wait around and look for something to get outraged over.
Yeah it was mueller.

I would think the fact that he wanted to fire mueller would be an indicator of motive. Another interesting side note is there have been three appeals court decisions based around attorney client privilege and grand jury investigations. Two out of the three have ruled against the privilege and said executive branch council whether state or federal are required to turn over notes made regarding interactions with client. One decision ruled against it. Never been decided by the SC.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

Yeah it was mueller.

I would think the fact that he wanted to fire mueller would be an indicator of motive. Another interesting side note is there have been three appeals court decisions based around attorney client privilege and grand jury investigations. Two out of the three have ruled against the privilege and said executive branch council whether state or federal are required to turn over notes made regarding interactions with client. One decision ruled against it. Never been decided by the SC.
Thinking about firing Meuller means nothing and there are plenty of legitimate motives for it - none of which meet the standards of interfering with an investigation. A Democrat-controlled congress could impeach him for it (they could impeach him for liking his steak well-done too) - if you want a constitutional crisis and blood in the streets, go for it.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

Yeah it was mueller.

Thinking about firing Meuller means nothing and there are plenty of legitimate motives for it - none of which meet the standards of interfering with an investigation. A Democrat-controlled congress could impeach him for it (they could impeach him for liking his steak well-done too) - if you want a constitutional crisis and blood in the streets, go for it.
So not Fake News. . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

Yeah it was mueller.

Motive? Meh, not he if thought the whole issue was politically motivated bullsh!t. Which, you know, it is.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Thinking about firing Meuller means nothing and there are plenty of legitimate motives for it - none of which meet the standards of interfering with an investigation. A Democrat-controlled congress could impeach him for it (they could impeach him for liking his steak well-done too) - if you want a constitutional crisis and blood in the streets, go for it.
So not Fake News. . .
If you think my post mirrors the NYT story, then not becoming a real lawyer was a good career choice for you.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

Yeah it was mueller.

Yup. Anyone advocating for Mueller's investigation better think long and hard before carrying forth impeachment proceedings.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Here’s a good breakdown.

BREAKING NEWS: ANOTHER MEDIA STORY FALLS APART
by Kevin Ryan

Remember that “bombshell” New York Times story this week that President Trump ordered the firing of Special Counsel Robert Mueller last June, but backed down after White House counsel Donald McGahn threatened to resign rather than carry out the directive?

Well, now CBS is reporting that that’s not how it happened.

• It turns out, Trump did not order Mueller to be fired, but instead only remarked that he favored it. And those present say it was not a serious consideration, and discussion of firing the special counsel quickly died down. Also, the fact that Mueller was not fired had nothing to do with McGahn.

• McGahn did did not threaten to resign directly to the President, but instead simply discussed it with then-chief of staff Reince Priebus and then-chief strategist Steve Bannon.

• And McGahn did not threaten to resign because of Trump discussing the firing of Mueller, but instead because McGahn felt an accumulation of stresses and frustrations with the president.

This marks the latest in a series of news stories reported by the main stream media that haven’t held up under further examination, leading to a decline in Americans’ trust in thr news media.

SOURCES: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-hous ... 00-10aac3a
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Totally shocked that Hoof spread fake news.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

Yeah it was mueller.

Elberto, can you understand this, IF TRUMP DOES NOT LIKE MUELLER'S TIE THAT DAY HE CAN CAN HIS ASS ON THE SPOT, get it????? He can fire him and it is a big nothing burger. Then again everything Mueller is doing is digging up more and more incriminating stuff on the dems and Obummer
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

Yeah it was mueller.

Elberto, can you understand this, IF TRUMP DOES NOT LIKE MUELLER'S TIE THAT DAY HE CAN CAN HIS ASS ON THE SPOT, get it????? He can fire him and it is a big nothing burger. Then again everything Mueller is doing is digging up more and more incriminating stuff on the dems and Obummer
Yes and then the senate will just re-appoint him the next day and Trump can't fire him then. Nixon did some similar things with regard to investigations into the watergate break in and his involvement. How did that turn out for him? He had total power over the executive branch right? Just like trump?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

Yeah it was mueller.

Yes and then the senate will just re-appoint him the next day and Trump can't fire him then. Nixon did some similar things with regard to investigations into the watergate break in and his involvement. How did that turn out for him? He had total power over the executive branch right? Just like trump?
Do you realize that the attorney general appointees the special council? You're welcome.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

Yeah it was mueller.

The republican majority senate, you sure? But I love all the dirt Mueller is digging up on Obummer and thunder thighs
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

awesome guy wrote:Do you realize that the attorney general appointees the special council? You're welcome.
The Senate has the ability to appoint their own special counsel. One that the President has no authority over.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Do you realize that the attorney general appointees the special council? You're welcome.
The Senate has the ability to appoint their own special counsel. One that the President has no authority over.
Nope, entirely with the AG. You're fake news.