Anyone ever heard of the VT group "Identity Evropa?"

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Anyone ever heard of the VT group "Identity Evropa?"

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Apparently its the name of the SPLC chapter that is on VT's campus. If you click on the link below, you can zoom in on Blacksburg on the interactive map showing all of the SPLC campus chapters around the country. It saddens me to see how this cancer has infected my own alma mater.

=========================================
Anti-conservative SPLC now has chapters on 100+ campuses
Toni Airaksinen
on Jan 26, 2018 at 3:52 PM EDT

The Southern Poverty Law Center, an organization that maintains a list of conservative "hate groups," now has more than 100 chapters on college campuses across the country.
Chapters are expected to distribute materials such as a guide to the "alt-right on campus," as well as "further the SPLC’s goals by raising awareness of the growth and activities of hate and extremists groups."

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) now boasts of student-led chapters at more than 100 colleges and universities across the United States.

The SPLC on Campus program, founded in 2011, encourages students to start clubs to advance the SPLC’s agenda by fighting “hate and extremists groups” and promoting an “atmosphere of acceptance and respect” within their campus community.

"Hatewatch is a blog that monitors and exposes the activities of the American radical right." Tweet This

The organization now claims to have a presence at more than 100 colleges and universities, including the University of Northern Colorado, Florida Atlantic University, Virginia Commonwealth University, and many more, according to a map on its website.

Chapters are encouraged to promote the SPLC’s guidebooks, such as the “Alt-right on Campus: What Students Need to Know,” and host events to fight “bias and bigotry” on campus.

All chapters are also required to agree to a set of terms and conditions to “further the SPLC’s goals by raising awareness of the growth and activities of hate and extremists groups.”

But while the SPLC claims to fight hate groups, its Hatewatch blog only “monitors and exposes the activities of the American radical right,” neglecting far-left groups with a history of violence such as Antifa, #Resist, and By Any Means Necessary (BAMN).

Eastern Kentucky University (EKU) is one school with an active SPLC chapter. Founded in 2014 by a group of graduate students in criminal justice, the chapter has remained active since its founding, EKU professor Gary Potter told Campus Reform.

Potter, who is also a professor in the School of Justice Studies at EKU, noted that group has hosted numerous events in the past few years, including annual screenings of The Hunting Ground, an anti-sexual assault documentary, and presenting an SPLC-produced film on the Voting Rights Act.

Potter said students would like to do more with the group, but noted that his school is a “suitcase university,” meaning most students are commuters who leave campus during the weekends.

The SPLC tells potential recruits that they can create “real change” by signing up.

“As a student activist, you are well-positioned to create real change on campus and in your local community,” the program’s website notes. “You’re surrounded by other students who believe in the ideals of justice and equality just like you. They’re also willing to take action.”

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10440

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
133743Hokie

Re: Anyone ever heard of the VT group "Identity Evropa?"

Post by 133743Hokie »

I would assume they have space in Squires.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Nuts
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Apparently its the name of the SPLC chapter that is on VT's campus.
"Identity Evropa" seems like an unusual name for a campus SPLC chapter.

RIF.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Apparently its the name of the SPLC chapter that is on VT's campus. If you click on the link below, you can zoom in on Blacksburg on the interactive map showing all of the SPLC campus chapters around the country. It saddens me to see how this cancer has infected my own alma mater.

Toni Airaksinen

The Southern Poverty Law Center, an organization that maintains a list of conservative "hate groups," now has more than 100 chapters on college campuses across the country.
Chapters are expected to distribute materials such as a guide to the "alt-right on campus," as well as "further the SPLC’s goals by raising awareness of the growth and activities of hate and extremists groups."

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) now boasts of student-led chapters at more than 100 colleges and universities across the United States.

The SPLC on Campus program, founded in 2011, encourages students to start clubs to advance the SPLC’s agenda by fighting “hate and extremists groups” and promoting an “atmosphere of acceptance and respect” within their campus community.

"Hatewatch is a blog that monitors and exposes the activities of the American radical right." Tweet This

The organization now claims to have a presence at more than 100 colleges and universities, including the University of Northern Colorado, Florida Atlantic University, Virginia Commonwealth University, and many more, according to a map on its website.

Chapters are encouraged to promote the SPLC’s guidebooks, such as the “Alt-right on Campus: What Students Need to Know,” and host events to fight “bias and bigotry” on campus.

All chapters are also required to agree to a set of terms and conditions to “further the SPLC’s goals by raising awareness of the growth and activities of hate and extremists groups.”

But while the SPLC claims to fight hate groups, its Hatewatch blog only “monitors and exposes the activities of the American radical right,” neglecting far-left groups with a history of violence such as Antifa, #Resist, and By Any Means Necessary (BAMN).

Eastern Kentucky University (EKU) is one school with an active SPLC chapter. Founded in 2014 by a group of graduate students in criminal justice, the chapter has remained active since its founding, EKU professor Gary Potter told Campus Reform.

Potter, who is also a professor in the School of Justice Studies at EKU, noted that group has hosted numerous events in the past few years, including annual screenings of The Hunting Ground, an anti-sexual assault documentary, and presenting an SPLC-produced film on the Voting Rights Act.

Potter said students would like to do more with the group, but noted that his school is a “suitcase university,” meaning most students are commuters who leave campus during the weekends.

The SPLC tells potential recruits that they can create “real change” by signing up.

“As a student activist, you are well-positioned to create real change on campus and in your local community,” the program’s website notes. “You’re surrounded by other students who believe in the ideals of justice and equality just like you. They’re also willing to take action.”

LOL.
The map they showed is a map of on campus white supremacist groups, not SPLC groups.
You can now rejoice, instead of being sad. :mrgreen:
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

SPLC has mapped what they deem hate groups. "Identity Europa" doesn't sound like an SPLC thing. Of course, making the SPLC's "list" doesn't mean the group would be a hate group (or white supremacist) either, since the SPLC is, itself, a hate group.

I agree that I would want SPLC no where near my old campus.

They are miles away from their beginnings.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

:?: :ugeek: DC & Hoof - SPLC is indeed establishing campus groups. That's what the article was about.
Salute the Marines
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Apparently its the name of the SPLC chapter that is on VT's campus. If you click on the link below, you can zoom in on Blacksburg on the interactive map showing all of the SPLC campus chapters around the country. It saddens me to see how this cancer has infected my own alma mater.

Toni Airaksinen

LOL.
The map they showed is a map of on campus white supremacist groups, not SPLC groups.
You can now rejoice, instead of being sad. :mrgreen:
That’s funny.....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote::?: :ugeek: DC & Hoof - SPLC is indeed establishing campus groups. That's what the article was about.
They map is of what they call "hate" groups.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote::?: :ugeek: DC & Hoof - SPLC is indeed establishing campus groups. That's what the article was about.
So? There is not one on the VT campus, which is what the hand-wringers in this thread are concerned about.

And in the same vein, colleges allow SLPC groups just like they allow white supremacist groups.
Both sides of the hate spectrum are allowed on campus.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:
So? There is not one on the VT campus, which is what the hand-wringers in this thread are concerned about.

And in the same vein, colleges allow SLPC groups just like they allow white supremacist groups.
Colleges that I can think of do NOT allow white supremacist groups. Hell. They don't even allow Ann Coulter, gay-married-to-a-black Milo Y, David Horowitz, nor Ben Shapiro to even visit and speak.

"just like they allow white supremacist groups" - what you smokin? :lol:
Salute the Marines
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Colleges that I can think of do NOT allow white supremacist groups. Hell. They don't even allow Ann Coulter, gay-married-to-a-black Milo Y, David Horowitz, nor Ben Shapiro to even visit and speak.

and bama throws you out if you use the tigger word and are a whitey
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Speakers and college clubs/groups are not the same thing. As long as a group follows the college rules, they can be on campus.
A white supremacist group (or call it white nationalist if you want to use a tame word) can be on campus as long as they follow the rules. Same as SPLC, which lots of people call a hate group, and lots of people don't.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Name 3 colleges, and the white supremacist groups they allow
Salute the Marines
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:Name 3 colleges, and the white supremacist groups they allow
Take a look at the map posted on Uppie's article. I don't know anything about white supremacist groups, or liberal hate groups, so can't point out who's who...other than maybe ANTIFA.
So, you're asking the wrong person. But, you think SPLC is a despicable group. There are people that think those groups listed are despicable.
They are both allowed on campus.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

If I misinterpreted the map then my bad. But the way the article is written, it implies that the map shows the SPLC chapters. And I've never heard of Identity Evropa so I have no idea what they are:

========================

The organization now claims to have a presence at more than 100 colleges and universities, including the University of Northern Colorado, Florida Atlantic University, Virginia Commonwealth University, and many more, according to a map on its website
MAP INSERTED HERE

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:If I misinterpreted the map then my bad. But the way the article is written, it implies that the map shows the SPLC chapters. And I've never heard of Identity Evropa so I have no idea what they are:

========================

The organization now claims to have a presence at more than 100 colleges and universities, including the University of Northern Colorado, Florida Atlantic University, Virginia Commonwealth University, and many more, according to a map on its website
MAP INSERTED HERE
You **** it up, Uppity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Take a look at the map posted on Uppie's article. I don't know anything about white supremacist groups, or liberal hate groups, so can't point out who's who...other than maybe ANTIFA.
So, you're asking the wrong person. But, you think SPLC is a despicable group. There are people that think those groups listed are despicable.
Uh, ....no.

You said, “...colleges allow SLPC (sic) groups just like they allow white supremicist groups...”

Colleges don’t allow white supremicist groups. Don’t try to move the goalposts by now saying something along the lines of (paraphrase) “ it depends what you mean by white supremicist”

No. Just...no.
Salute the Marines
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Uh, ....no.

You said, “...colleges allow SLPC (sic) groups just like they allow white supremicist groups...”

Colleges don’t allow white supremicist groups. Don’t try to move the goalposts by now saying something along the lines of (paraphrase) “ it depends what you mean by white supremicist”

No. Just...no.
OK fine. Let's take Identity Evropa. Their leader is Nathan Damigo, a lost halfwit who found himself a home among white nationalists and supremacists. He believes that the success of the western world comes from the DNA of white people, and that they are superior to others. They don't allow non-whites, including Jews, into their organization. They want to make America into a 90% white country.
He's the dude who punched the woman at the Coulter Berkeley protest where Antifa and the white supremacist groups got into fights.
I think he's a white supremacist, and his group is on the VT campus.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Uh, ....no.

No. Just...no.
OK fine. Let's take Identity Evropa. Their leader is Nathan Damigo, a lost halfwit who found himself a home among white nationalists and supremacists. He believes that the success of the western world comes from the DNA of white people, and that they are superior to others. They don't allow non-whites, including Jews, into their organization. They want to make America into a 90% white country.
He's the dude who punched the woman at the Coulter Berkeley protest where Antifa and the white supremacist groups got into fights.
So he's the white version of every other ethnic group - got it. I might start taking you and the SPLC remotely seriously when you start bellyaching 1/10th of 1% as much about groups like La Raza and [insert any black group] as much as you do about a bunch of clean shaven white guys who look like they escaped from a Mormon mission. By the way, that ANTIFA chick (aka "Moldylocks") got everything that was coming to her - you denigrate yourself by making such a foolish argument. C'mon.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Toni Airaksinen

I assume their entire basis for this is that VT associate professor (English?) who posted stuff online and then got outed/ outed himself.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Uh, ....no.

No. Just...no.
So he's the white version of every other ethnic group - got it. I might start taking you and the SPLC remotely seriously when you start bellyaching 1/10th of 1% as much about groups like La Raza and [insert any black group] as much as you do about a bunch of clean shaven white guys who look like they escaped from a Mormon mission. By the way, that ANTIFA chick (aka "Moldylocks") got everything that was coming to her - you denigrate yourself by making such a foolish argument. C'mon.

I don't bellyache about them at all. The bellyaching in this thread came from a bunch of posters who were bellyaching about things that weren't actually happening. I've said as many negative things about black groups, or BLM, or La Raza (which isn't a homogeneous group) as I've said about the white supremacist groups.
You still feel the need to defend them. I'm not defending any of them.

And I wasn't making an argument, I was stating a fact. The dude punched her. Not sure whether she deserved it or not. I've never found a reason to punch a girl.

Your comparison of the way they look to a Mormon mission? Please don't ever talk about denigrating yourself by making a foolish argument. These are people who display Nazi flags and salutes, and people on this board (not sure if you're one of them), who are dismissive of those, because....I don't know why. But, you think the fact that they wear khakis and oxfords is important?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Uh, ....no.

No. Just...no.

I don't bellyache about them at all. The bellyaching in this thread came from a bunch of posters who were bellyaching about things that weren't actually happening. I've said as many negative things about black groups, or BLM, or La Raza (which isn't a homogeneous group) as I've said about the white supremacist groups.

And I wasn't making an argument, I was stating a fact. The dude punched her. Not sure whether she deserved it or not. I've never found a reason to punch a girl.

Your comparison of the way they look to a Mormon mission? Please don't ever talk about denigrating yourself by making a foolish argument. These are people who display Nazi flags and salutes, and people on this board (not sure if you're one of them), who are dismissive of those, because....I don't know why. But, you think the fact that they wear khakis and oxfords is important?
I'm not defending them, I'm defending logic and consistency. Diversity sure seems to look more and more like "anti-white" lately. Trump just offered to make 3x more illegals citizens than Obama did and the democrats just called it a (paraphrasing) "plan for white nationalism" or some nonsense. There are real groups out there committing real crimes - I'm having having a real hard time understanding how DC is worried about some dude wearing a tie punching a hippy. Not really moving my give an eff meter.

Oh, and she wanted to fight like a man and got hit like a man. Equality is a beautiful thing.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: Take a look at the map posted on Uppie's article. I don't know anything about white supremacist groups, or liberal hate groups, so can't point out who's who...other than maybe ANTIFA.
Uh, ....no.

No. Just...no.

I'm not defending them, I'm defending logic and consistency. Diversity sure seems to look more and more like "anti-white" lately. Trump just offered to make 3x more illegals citizens than Obama did and the democrats just called it a (paraphrasing) "plan for white nationalism" or some nonsense. There are real groups out there committing real crimes - I'm having having a real hard time understanding how DC is worried about some dude wearing a tie punching a hippy. Not really moving my give an eff meter.

Oh, and she wanted to fight like a man and got hit like a man. Equality is a beautiful thing.
It’s not surprising that a white nationalist would defend a white nationalist, but this seems a little low for even you Cap’n

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Re: Anyone ever heard of the VT group

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote: It’s not surprising that a white nationalist would defend a white nationalist, but this seems a little low for even you Cap’n
Congratulations, you're using complete sentences now.