Good VDH column on why we are seeing so much illegal

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
133743Hokie

Good VDH column on why we are seeing so much illegal

Post by 133743Hokie »

activity against Trump by so many government officials and employees. In short, because they all thought Hillary was a shoo-in to win and they were looking to ingratiate themselves to her presidency for career advancement.

"Another, more helpful, exegesis, however, is to understand that if we’d seen a Hillary Clinton victory in November 2016, which was supposed to be a sure thing, there would now be no scandals at all. That is, the current players probably broke laws and committed ethical violations not just because they were assured there would be no consequences but also because they thought they’d be rewarded for their laxity."

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... wrongdoing
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Good VDH column on why we are seeing so much illegal

Post by awesome guy »

Sorta. I think he's right to an extent, but they're also elitist liberals. They're assholes that believe they're above the law because they're dumb enough to think they're smarter and more virtuous than the common folk. He's right about the climate, but they'd do it anyway as that's what they do. They're Obama approved Chicago style dirtbags.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Sorta. I think he's right to an extent, but they're also elitist liberals. They're assholes that believe they're above the law because they're dumb enough to think they're smarter and more virtuous than the common folk. He's right about the climate, but they'd do it anyway as that's what they do. They're Obama approved Chicago style dirtbags.
I think you are kidding yourself if you think this is a liberal thing only. This is a bureaucracy thing.

It was made worse by the progressive left who worship at the alter of government, but this about unchecked power and entitlement. The only thing the idiots in washington value more than their party, is their power and in reality their party is only their to get them power. Very few dems are stupid enough to buy into the progressive BS, but the party is the source of their power. All of the govies fear Trump bringing these outsiders in and having them shred their little empires and god forbid make people self reliant.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Sorta. I think he's right to an extent, but they're also elitist liberals. They're assholes that believe they're above the law because they're dumb enough to think they're smarter and more virtuous than the common folk. He's right about the climate, but they'd do it anyway as that's what they do. They're Obama approved Chicago style dirtbags.
I think you are kidding yourself if you think this is a liberal thing only. This is a bureaucracy thing.

It was made worse by the progressive left who worship at the alter of government, but this about unchecked power and entitlement. The only thing the idiots in washington value more than their party, is their power and in reality their party is only their to get them power. Very few dems are stupid enough to buy into the progressive BS, but the party is the source of their power. All of the govies fear Trump bringing these outsiders in and having them shred their little empires and god forbid make people self reliant.
I have to agree.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:

Yep.

DRAIN THE SWAMP
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
miles

Post by miles »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:

BLAM...bullseye!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:

"Only" is extreme, but they certainly dominate elitism and condescension. The neocons and some moderate republicans fit that mold as well, but it's less of an issue the further right you move along the political spectrum. The right is more mature and good natured than the left. The typically comes into government after obtaining some level of power. The left comes into government in order to obtain power. See Trump vs Obama for an example.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:

"Only" is extreme, but they certainly dominate elitism and condescension. The neocons and some moderate republicans fit that mold as well, but it's less of an issue the further right you move along the political spectrum. The right is more mature and good natured than the left. The typically comes into government after obtaining some level of power. The left comes into government in order to obtain power. See Trump vs Obama for an example.
That’s not a good example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:

It's a great example Manchester Maniac. Obama was a communist agitator and Nation of Islam supporting racist nobody before coming into power. Trump amassed wealth and power before moving into government to make America great again. Obama then went on to abuse that power. My example is excellent as your left with your normal 6 words or less idiotic response.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:

It's a great example Manchester Maniac. Obama was a communist agitator and Nation of Islam supporting racist nobody before coming into power. Trump amassed wealth and power before moving into government to make America great again. Obama then went on to abuse that power. My example is excellent as your left with your normal 6 words or less idiotic response.
Nah.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:

Nah.

Yah