Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Tech student arrested for stockpiling guns/ammo

Post by BigDave »

He is a Chinese national and as such cannot legally own certain guns in the US.

He had also bought a police cruiser and outfitted it with a "special bumper".

The police are saying that there is no threat and never was, but who buys a police car and a bunch of guns without terrorist intent?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/yunsong-zh ... mo-police/
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Tech student arrested for stockpiling guns/ammo

Post by USN_Hokie »

This is bad, sensationalist soccer mom article. The guy lied on his application. They caught him and he was arrested. Boring.
BigDave wrote: The police are saying that there is no threat and never was, but who buys a police car and a bunch of guns without terrorist intent?
....the police, and any gun enthusiast who owns a Crown Victoria? My best friend is an airline pilot. He flies out of Memphis all the time and bought an auction crown vic as a beater to leave at the airport. Seems completely plausible a kid on a student visa would do the same.

Stockpiling guns ain't a crime either. I guess my friend (who owns more guns than me) is a terrorist.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

BigDave wrote: The police are saying that there is no threat and never was, but who buys a police car and a bunch of guns without terrorist intent?
A half dozen or so of the posters that flock to your message board if I were to guess...
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:This is bad, sensationalist soccer mom article. The guy lied on his application. They caught him and he was arrested. Boring.
....the police, and any gun enthusiast who owns a Crown Victoria? My best friend is an airline pilot. He flies out of Memphis all the time and bought an auction crown vic as a beater to leave at the airport. Seems completely plausible a kid on a student visa would do the same.

Stockpiling guns ain't a crime either. I guess my friend (who owns more guns than me) is a terrorist.
I probably wouldn't take my family to your friends' Super Bowl Parties. Let me guess, your friend is probably also an enthusiast of the romanticized version of the Confederacy?
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:This is bad, sensationalist soccer mom article. The guy lied on his application. They caught him and he was arrested. Boring.

I probably wouldn't take my family to your friends' Super Bowl Parties. Let me guess, your friend is probably also an enthusiast of the romanticized version of the Confederacy?
Are the Formica countertops in upper middle class homes adequate for cutting lines of cocaine during Super Bowl parties?
Last edited by awesome guy on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

BG Hokie wrote:
A half dozen or so of the posters that flock to your message board if I were to guess...

And when did you buy yours? dude...
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Are the Formica countertops in upper middle class homes adequate for cutting lines of cocaine during Super Bowl parties?
I think the super bowl thread broke BG. :lol:

I can't imagine how many Chive stickers he's going to have to buy for his minivan to restore his confidence. He might have to gawk at some up skirt pictures of underage cheerleaders on the lounge too.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Attila T Hun wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

And when did you buy yours? dude...
I think I'm more comfortable with the Chinese national owning guns than BG. It's probably moot since they added the medical marijuana question to the 4473 - BG probably isn't able to be a lawful gun owner anyways.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

I think the super bowl thread broke BG. [emoji38]

I can't imagine how many Chive stickers he's going to have to buy for his minivan to restore his confidence. He might have to gawk at some up skirt pictures of underage cheerleaders on the lounge too.
He's got to realize, at some level, that he's low rent. That thread exposed so much after he came swinging with condescension and glorious self righteousness only to get belittled and cut down. He may be coming to terms with the fact that he's the douchebag. Hope that self loathing leads to personal change.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.