Father lunges at Larry Nassar in court...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Father lunges at Larry Nassar in court...

Post by Major Kong »

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

TheH2

Re: Father lunges at Larry Nassar in court...

Post by TheH2 »

Major Kong wrote:
I love the police officer given the father a pat on the shoulder on the way out of the courtroom.

How long until a Gofundme page is set up to pay his bail?
People who know, know.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

IBEW
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

TheH2 wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
I love the police officer given the father a pat on the shoulder on the way out of the courtroom.

How long until a Gofundme page is set up to pay his bail?
Not soon enough........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Too little, too late. I'm not sure if this particular parent knew, but many did. They tolerated abuse to continue their Olympic dreams. There's lots of blame to go around, it's like PSU with institutional protection. Image
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:IBEW
Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers?
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:Too little, too late. I'm not sure if this particular parent knew, but many did. They tolerated abuse to continue their Olympic dreams. There's lots of blame to go around, it's like PSU with institutional protection. Image
I love UWS. Parents knowingly subjected their kids to sexual abuse for their Olympic dreams, LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Too little, too late. I'm not sure if this particular parent knew, but many did. They tolerated abuse to continue their Olympic dreams. There's lots of blame to go around, it's like PSU with institutional protection. Image
I love UWS. Parents knowingly subjected their kids to sexual abuse for their Olympic dreams, LOL.

Your inability to comprehend English is unbounded.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

That’s the way I read it too.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Cognitive dissonance, not exchange
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

It’s those sort of takes that bring me back. It’s when UWS is at its best.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

It’s those sort of takes that bring me back. It’s when UWS is at its best.

Uh huh
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
I'm sure that made for great tabloid TV and I don't blame him for wanting to kill the guy, but how the hell did he think that was going to end? All he did was create extra aggravation for his family. It's almost selfish if you think about it.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Listen, I think Dad was full of emotion and I can understand him doing that, but he is a dumbass for doing it. He has to think first and foremost about his daughters. Does it help them to see their dad arrested and act like that? No. He has low self control. He should think about them, not be a slave to satisfying his need for revenge. Revenge and anger are like drug addictions. You just gotta let it go, especially when you knew exactly how it would end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Listen, I think Dad was full of emotion and I can understand him doing that, but he is a dumbass for doing it. He has to think first and foremost about his daughters. Does it help them to see their dad arrested and act like that? No. He has low self control. He should think about them, not be a slave to satisfying his need for revenge. Revenge and anger are like drug addictions. You just gotta let it go, especially when you knew exactly how it would end.

Yep. He's lucky the judge let him off.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Listen, I think Dad was full of emotion and I can understand him doing that, but he is a dumbass for doing it. He has to think first and foremost about his daughters. Does it help them to see their dad arrested and act like that? No. He has low self control. He should think about them, not be a slave to satisfying his need for revenge. Revenge and anger are like drug addictions. You just gotta let it go, especially when you knew exactly how it would end.

Yet, he'll be cheered on as a hero and his daughter will get asked about it for years to come.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:

Nah, most judges would've let him off. Not many reasonable people would've charged him in this situation.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Nah, most judges would've let him off. Not many reasonable people would've charged him in this situation.
Attacking a defendant? You're crazy l.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

What if the defendant asked the dad to make him a gay wedding cake as he approached the bench?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Yes. Most judges observing what actually happened would've levied the same decision. I'm perfectly fine with not charging him, as most reasonable people are.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

What if the defendant asked the dad to make him a gay wedding cake as he approached the bench?
What if a message board poster attempted a LGBT dig that didn't remotely make sense?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Yes. Most judges observing what actually happened would've levied the same decision. I'm perfectly fine with not charging him, as most reasonable people are.
LOL, judges typically don't appreciate vigilante justice. The only thing that saved him were those cops who tackled him before he touched the guy.
vig·i·lan·te
ˌvijəˈlan(t)ē/Submit
noun
a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

What if a message board poster attempted a LGBT dig that didn't remotely make sense?
What if a message board poster thought that someone should be in legal jeopardy for not baking someone a cake, but a man who attempts to assault a man in contempt of court was acting reasonably?

:idea:
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote: LOL, judges typically don't appreciate vigilante justice. The only thing that saved him were those cops who tackled him before he touched the guy.
vig·i·lan·te
ˌvijəˈlan(t)ē/Submit
noun
a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.
Based on what actually happened, I'm fine with not punishing him any further. You're welcome to lead the charge against the guy if you wish.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

What if a message board poster thought that someone should be in legal jeopardy for not baking someone a cake, but a man who attempts to assault a man in contempt of court was acting reasonably?

:idea:
I'm sure this question makes sense to you.