HokieFanDC

Re: Anyone else w liberal FB friends seeing

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:What does the Chewbacca defense mean?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What AG said.

It’s simple. D’s created a fake dossier, and then used that as a means to spy on opponent.
Period.

The long ramblings justifying and nuancing .... it’s hilarious.
Gowdy sums it up fairly well. He's a pretty straight shooter.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trey-gowdy ... t-dossier/
Straight shooter? You called him a liar in the other thread on the memo (he is one of its authors after all):

http://uwsboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24406#p214640

1. Nunes says something which exposes corruption in Obama DOJ: liar.
1. Nunes says it doesn't invalidate investigation: "straight shooter"

Confirmation bias?
I didn't call anyone a liar. You can omit parts of the story, and have the parts you're telling be factual.
"I'm not accepting the memo as completely factual" -HokieFanDC, yesterday
Perfect example baby Nunes. You omitted part of what I said.

“I'm not accepting the memo as completely factual or telling the entire story. It certainly raises enough red flags to get to the bottom of it.”

Nunes didn’t mention that there were other sources, or that the FBI started investigating Page in 2013.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote: What AG said.

It’s simple. D’s created a fake dossier, and then used that as a means to spy on opponent.
Period.

The long ramblings justifying and nuancing .... it’s hilarious.

Straight shooter? You called him a liar in the other thread on the memo (he is one of its authors after all):

Confirmation bias?
I didn't call anyone a liar. You can omit parts of the story, and have the parts you're telling be factual.

“I'm not accepting the memo as completely factual or telling the entire story. It certainly raises enough red flags to get to the bottom of it.”

Nunes didn’t mention that there were other sources, or that the FBI started investigating Page in 2013.
*Let the record show that this is where DC slung the first insult, unprovoked.*

The rest of the quote adds no additional context, kiddo. It was not an either-or statement.

Also, you clearly haven't read the memo aside from CNN soundbites or you would know that the other nothingburger investigation was mentioned.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
That’s some good misleading info. Not surprising of course.
All FISA judge are appointed to that court by the Chief Justice. You know, super liberal John Roberts.
For what term?
Thy serve 7 years. And when each ones term is done, Roberts appoints another one.
Where are you going with this? It's been alleged that they shopped around their warrant until they found a judge who would approve. We don't know what judge that was, but the one who has subsequently recused himself was...appointed to the DC District Court by Obama. Several others were appointed to federal courts by Democrats.
Not surprisingly, the claim that 10 of the 11 judges were Obama appointees is BS also.

You've got 1 Reagan nominee, 1 HW Bush nominee, 2 Clinton nominees, 5 GW nominees, and 2 Obama nominees.

As for shopping around? They rotate their duties. Come back when the warrants and re-authorizations were all done by the 2 Obama folks, then you can start to have a basis for that conspiracy theory. The TMO2 claim is just more nonsense.
Your response is completely non sequitur. Boasberg was appointed by Obama.

Have a nice day.
So?

I think that responding to a completely false claim about 10 of 11 judges being Obama appointees is far from a non sequitor.
That kind of BS is used to bolster claims that the actual court is corrupt. Thats how conspiracy theorists justify their theories.

As for Boasberg, he’s also the judge that ordered the release of the Clinton emails, and the one that rejects the request to force Trump to release his taxes.

My point is simply that the idea that the FISA court is a liberal haven, is ridiculous.
It would certainly be suspicious if the 2 Obama judges approved all the warrants and reauthorizations.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:[For what term?
Thy serve 7 years. And when each ones term is done, Roberts appoints another one.
Where are you going with this? It's been alleged that they shopped around their warrant until they found a judge who would approve. We don't know what judge that was, but the one who has subsequently recused himself was...appointed to the DC District Court by Obama. Several others were appointed to federal courts by Democrats.
Not surprisingly, the claim that 10 of the 11 judges were Obama appointees is BS also.

You've got 1 Reagan nominee, 1 HW Bush nominee, 2 Clinton nominees, 5 GW nominees, and 2 Obama nominees.

As for shopping around? They rotate their duties. Come back when the warrants and re-authorizations were all done by the 2 Obama folks, then you can start to have a basis for that conspiracy theory. The TMO2 claim is just more nonsense.

Have a nice day.
So?

I think that responding to a completely false claim about 10 of 11 judges being Obama appointees is far from a non sequitor.
That kind of BS is used to bolster claims that the actual court is corrupt. Thats how conspiracy theorists justify their theories.

As for Boasberg, he’s also the judge that ordered the release of the Clinton emails, and the one that rejects the request to force Trump to release his taxes.

My point is simply that the idea that the FISA court is a liberal haven, is ridiculous.
It would certainly be suspicious if the 2 Obama judges approved all the warrants and reauthorizations.
Are your arguments so bad that you have to invent new ones to respond to? I have no idea WTF you are talking about with this 10/11 bullshit.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Have a nice day.
So?

Are your arguments so bad that you have to invent new ones to respond to? I have no idea WTF you are talking about with this 10/11 bullshit.
Then stop posting about it, b/c that was the genesis of this subtopic.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Have a nice day.
So?

Then stop posting about it, b/c that was the genesis of this subtopic.
You can't make me :mrgreen:

The genesis of my post was your irrelevant assertions about the appointment of FISA court judges.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:Very Concise explanation by Rep. Matt Gaetz:
https://truepundit.com/congressman-took ... per-video/

Keep in mind 10 of 11 FISA Court Judges were Obama appointees

Comments on the FISA Court
https://mobile.twitter.com/Barnes_Law/s ... 5986320384
That’s some good misleading info. Not surprising of course.
All FISA judge are appointed to that court by the Chief Justice. You know, super liberal John Roberts.
For what term?

But isn't it correct that all but one of the FISC judges was appointed to that court seat by Obama between 2011 and 2016?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:For what term?

But isn't it correct that all but one of the FISC judges was appointed to that court seat by Obama between 2011 and 2016?
No, that is completely false.
All FISC judges were appointed by John Roberts. The Chief Justice appoints all judges himself, without the need for approval by anyone.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

HokieFanDC wrote:No, that is completely false.
All FISC judges were appointed by John Roberts. The Chief Justice appoints all judges himself, without the need for approval by anyone.
Roberts appointed all three current FISA judges.

Bill Clinton appointed all 3 judges to their respective US Court of Appeals seats.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Confirmation bias?

The rest of the quote adds no additional context, kiddo. It was not an either-or statement.

Also, you clearly haven't read the memo aside from CNN soundbites or you would know that the other nothingburger investigation was mentioned.
Not sure which nothingburger investigation you're referring to, but there were other FBI investigations of Page, that were not related to the dossier, the yahoo news report, or the Strzok investigation.

The FBI started investigating Page in 2013. He's not an unknown person to them.

And yes, I insulted you. You want to start keeping score???
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Major Kong wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:No, that is completely false.
Roberts appointed all three current FISA judges.

Bill Clinton appointed all 3 judges to their respective US Court of Appeals seats.
There are 11 FISC judges, all appointed by Roberts.

And I already said who appointed them to their current seats - only 2 are Clinton BTW:

"You've got 1 Reagan nominee, 1 HW Bush nominee, 2 Clinton nominees, 5 GW nominees, and 2 Obama nominees."

I think you're talking about the court of review??
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Who the FISA judges are is, irrelevant. Who appointed them is, irrelevant. What is relevant is shopping political BS to a FISA judge to get a warrant.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote:Who the FISA judges are is, irrelevant. Who appointed them is, irrelevant. What is relevant is shopping political BS to a FISA judge to get a warrant.
Yup. That’s all that matters. This was a prepared political hit job by the DNC and Clinton Campaign and orchestrated by Obeezy’s weaponized DOJ and FBI. But, The Unusuals are silent. As usual. The left is good at bending rules of law. Maybe this can be another new start. Turnabout is fair play, no?
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

HokieFanDC wrote:There are 11 FISC judges, all appointed by Roberts.

And I already said who appointed them to their current seats - only 2 are Clinton BTW:

"You've got 1 Reagan nominee, 1 HW Bush nominee, 2 Clinton nominees, 5 GW nominees, and 2 Obama nominees."

I think you're talking about the court of review??
You're right my bad and I should have known. I know James Parker Jones. He and my Dad were lodge brothers.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Confirmation bias?

Not sure which nothingburger investigation you're referring to, but there were other FBI investigations of Page, that were not related to the dossier, the yahoo news report, or the Strzok investigation.

They investigated Page in 2013 and subsequently closed the investigation as there was nothing there. Not sure what that has to do with the FBI and DOJ misleading the FISC to get a warrant this time around.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: I didn't call anyone a liar. You can omit parts of the story, and have the parts you're telling be factual.

They investigated Page in 2013 and subsequently closed the investigation as there was nothing there. Not sure what that has to do with the FBI and DOJ misleading the FISC to get a warrant this time around.
Because Trump! Haha
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

The piece below nicely sums up the media's reaction to the memo. Neumayr, is right. The media cries foul with information is put out that defends Trump. You hear these propagandists on TV say something childish "Trump cares more about himself than the country." Of course to them, "the country" means impeaching Trump by hook or by crook, truth be damned.

How dare Trump defend himself with the truth! That does not comport to the narrative!!!

=======================================
Memo: Obamagate Confirmed
George Neumayr
February 2, 2018, 3:37 pm

Media propaganda can’t erase the fact that the FBI used Hillary’s dossier to spy on Trumpworld.

The media’s response to the release of the Nunes memo surpasses the level of Pravda covering a Soviet show trial. No sooner had the memo appeared than journalists immediately began throwing sand into their audience’s eyes. The story, according to the media, is not that Obama’s Justice Department/FBI snookered FISA court judges and used Hillary’s purchased Steele dossier to spy on Trumpworld. No, the scandal is that the evil Republicans exposed this outrage, and that Trump, the ultimate target of this espionage, has the gall to defend himself. How dare a defendant in our kangaroo trial defend himself with the truth — that’s the upshot of all the media’s bleating.

All you can do is laugh at the intensity of the gibbering propaganda and misdirection, which is nothing more than the rage of a ruling class nabbed in an audacious act of political espionage. Katy Tur of MSNBC summed up the bewilderment of the ruling class perfectly: “None of this is normal.” In other words, we expose Republicans; they don’t expose us.

“None of this is normal” is what monopolists say when it dawns on them that they are losing their monopoly. Naturally, the blatant abnormalities of Obamagate didn’t interest Tur, which the memo devastatingly captures:

(A) Neither the initial application in October 2016, nor any of the renewals, disclose or reference the role of the DNC, Clinton campaign, or any party/campaign in funding Steele’s efforts, even though the political origins of the Steele dossier were then known to senior DOJ and FBI officials.

(B) The initial FISA application notes Steele was working for a named U.S. person, but does not name Fusion GPS and principal Glenn Simpson, who was paid by a U.S. law firm (Perkins Coie) representing the DNC (even though it was known by DOJ at the time that political actors were involved with the Steele dossier). The application does not mention Steele was ultimately working on behalf of — and paid by — the DNC and Clinton campaign, or that the FBI had separately authorized payment to Steele for the same information.

Like prosecutors in a show trial who want to retain the testimony of an utterly discredited witness, anchors like Andrea Mitchell just kept praising Steele’s “highly regarded” credentials. The listeners were not to hear, of course, any actual contents from the memo, such as that Steele made his blatant dislike for Trump clear to a Justice Department official (whose wife worked for the same outfit as Steele) and that even the FBI lost confidence in Steele for lying:

Steele was suspended and then terminated as an FBI source for what the FBI defines as the most serious of violations — an unauthorized disclosure to the media of his relationship with the FBI in an October 30, 2016, Mother Jones article by David Corn. Steele should have been terminated for his previous undisclosed contacts with Yahoo and other outlets in September — before the Page application was submitted to the FISC in October — but Steele improperly concealed from and lied to the FBI about those contacts.

Much of the post-release coverage consisted of trotting out this or that “professional” from the deep state to call the Nunes memo “trash” without challenge. The kangaroo court was back in session, endlessly appealing to its own authority to bless the political espionage.

You can almost hear the Jeff Zuckers talking into their puppet-propagandists’ ears: Shoot the messenger, change the subject, talk about the “motivations” behind the memo, the “consequences” of the memo, what “Putin” might think of the memo, any “resignations” that might follow the memo’s release, but whatever you do don’t talk about the information in the memo.

The media’s favorite tactic is to treat Trump’s self-defense, even if it is rooted in the truth, as an ongoing scandal. It is appalling to the kangaroo court that he would “discredit” the probe into his campaign by pointing to discreditable behavior. That is a no-no. That is “politics.” That is “selfish,” placing his own “personal interests” above the “interests of the country.” The media’s view is that victims of political rape, provided they are Republicans, should sit back and enjoy it. Anything less is “not normal.”

https://spectator.org/obamagate-confirmed/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:The piece below nicely sums up the media's reaction to the memo. Neumayr, is right. The media cries foul with information is put out that defends Trump. You hear these propagandists on TV say something childish "Trump cares more about himself than the country." Of course to them, "the country" means impeaching Trump by hook or by crook, truth be damned.

How dare Trump defend himself with the truth! That does not comport to the narrative!!!

=======================================
Memo: Obamagate Confirmed
George Neumayr
February 2, 2018, 3:37 pm

Media propaganda can’t erase the fact that the FBI used Hillary’s dossier to spy on Trumpworld.

The media’s response to the release of the Nunes memo surpasses the level of Pravda covering a Soviet show trial. No sooner had the memo appeared than journalists immediately began throwing sand into their audience’s eyes. The story, according to the media, is not that Obama’s Justice Department/FBI snookered FISA court judges and used Hillary’s purchased Steele dossier to spy on Trumpworld. No, the scandal is that the evil Republicans exposed this outrage, and that Trump, the ultimate target of this espionage, has the gall to defend himself. How dare a defendant in our kangaroo trial defend himself with the truth — that’s the upshot of all the media’s bleating.

All you can do is laugh at the intensity of the gibbering propaganda and misdirection, which is nothing more than the rage of a ruling class nabbed in an audacious act of political espionage. Katy Tur of MSNBC summed up the bewilderment of the ruling class perfectly: “None of this is normal.” In other words, we expose Republicans; they don’t expose us.

“None of this is normal” is what monopolists say when it dawns on them that they are losing their monopoly. Naturally, the blatant abnormalities of Obamagate didn’t interest Tur, which the memo devastatingly captures:

(A) Neither the initial application in October 2016, nor any of the renewals, disclose or reference the role of the DNC, Clinton campaign, or any party/campaign in funding Steele’s efforts, even though the political origins of the Steele dossier were then known to senior DOJ and FBI officials.

(B) The initial FISA application notes Steele was working for a named U.S. person, but does not name Fusion GPS and principal Glenn Simpson, who was paid by a U.S. law firm (Perkins Coie) representing the DNC (even though it was known by DOJ at the time that political actors were involved with the Steele dossier). The application does not mention Steele was ultimately working on behalf of — and paid by — the DNC and Clinton campaign, or that the FBI had separately authorized payment to Steele for the same information.

Like prosecutors in a show trial who want to retain the testimony of an utterly discredited witness, anchors like Andrea Mitchell just kept praising Steele’s “highly regarded” credentials. The listeners were not to hear, of course, any actual contents from the memo, such as that Steele made his blatant dislike for Trump clear to a Justice Department official (whose wife worked for the same outfit as Steele) and that even the FBI lost confidence in Steele for lying:

Steele was suspended and then terminated as an FBI source for what the FBI defines as the most serious of violations — an unauthorized disclosure to the media of his relationship with the FBI in an October 30, 2016, Mother Jones article by David Corn. Steele should have been terminated for his previous undisclosed contacts with Yahoo and other outlets in September — before the Page application was submitted to the FISC in October — but Steele improperly concealed from and lied to the FBI about those contacts.

Much of the post-release coverage consisted of trotting out this or that “professional” from the deep state to call the Nunes memo “trash” without challenge. The kangaroo court was back in session, endlessly appealing to its own authority to bless the political espionage.

You can almost hear the Jeff Zuckers talking into their puppet-propagandists’ ears: Shoot the messenger, change the subject, talk about the “motivations” behind the memo, the “consequences” of the memo, what “Putin” might think of the memo, any “resignations” that might follow the memo’s release, but whatever you do don’t talk about the information in the memo.

The media’s favorite tactic is to treat Trump’s self-defense, even if it is rooted in the truth, as an ongoing scandal. It is appalling to the kangaroo court that he would “discredit” the probe into his campaign by pointing to discreditable behavior. That is a no-no. That is “politics.” That is “selfish,” placing his own “personal interests” above the “interests of the country.” The media’s view is that victims of political rape, provided they are Republicans, should sit back and enjoy it. Anything less is “not normal.”

https://spectator.org/obamagate-confirmed/
They think it's fine to use the government as a political weapon, treasonous to speak of and fix said banana republic activity. Liberalism is a thin veneer over a fascist.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.