Do you happen to run one of these CWTCR?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Do you happen to run one of these CWTCR?

Post by awesome guy »

It's a 3 blade prop with a higher pitch for trolling motors. I have an 80lb thrust RipeTide on my boat with I-Pilot. My problem is I want to run my electric motor more this spring, but it's not moving me fast enough in currents. 80lb is twice what my boat really needs, but I'm not getting more than 2mph on flat water. I want to troll close to 3mph for striper so am looking at the prop for the fix. I can run my gas motor and troll, but am in 3 feet of water and over rocks during part of that run so don't want to keep ole smokey going. And like I said above, I have I-Pilot and so would rather just let that drive the boat while I fish and direct it with the remote control. I'm thinking the 2 blade Minn Kota prop is made more for slow rolling while bass fishing. I want a faster troll and so am looking for the higher pitch to push me around more. Being so overpowered shouldn't be an issue on the trolling motor as the higher pitch is going to wear on it differently. May even be better as a higher pitch lowers the RPMs on a gas motor and may do the same here. I've thought about also just taking the existing prop, heating it, and cupping it to give me the higher pitch. But then the 3 blades should grab the water better too. I think I'll just get it and see how it runs.

https://www.kipawapropellers.com/store/ ... odels.html
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Re: Do you happen to run one of these CWTCR?

Post by cwtcr hokie »

awesome guy wrote:It's a 3 blade prop with a higher pitch for trolling motors. I have an 80lb thrust RipeTide on my boat with I-Pilot. My problem is I want to run my electric motor more this spring, but it's not moving me fast enough in currents. 80lb is twice what my boat really needs, but I'm not getting more than 2mph on flat water. I want to troll close to 3mph for striper so am looking at the prop for the fix. I can run my gas motor and troll, but am in 3 feet of water and over rocks during part of that run so don't want to keep ole smokey going. And like I said above, I have I-Pilot and so would rather just let that drive the boat while I fish and direct it with the remote control. I'm thinking the 2 blade Minn Kota prop is made more for slow rolling while bass fishing. I want a faster troll and so am looking for the higher pitch to push me around more. Being so overpowered shouldn't be an issue on the trolling motor as the higher pitch is going to wear on it differently. May even be better as a higher pitch lowers the RPMs on a gas motor and may do the same here. I've thought about also just taking the existing prop, heating it, and cupping it to give me the higher pitch. But then the 3 blades should grab the water better too. I think I'll just get it and see how it runs.

No, its a normal 2 blade, it is the same trolling motor I got with the boat back in 93, thought about replacing with one of the newer ones but it still works well and does what I need. I am so busy on the farm I can't get the boat off the trailer. We have had 6 new boarder horses come in since 1/1 and I am having to modify pastures and spent the last two saturdays hauling and stacking hay (480 bales) And it keeps effing raining so everything I do is in 6 inches of mud!!!! I have a 75' x 30' shed I am halfway thru building but I have not been able to work on it at all the last month. Once I get that done I will most likely have to re-roof our house (putting metal on over the old shingles), then I need to build another hay storage building so I can store about 2,500 bales total. I hope to go fishing one day!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:It's a 3 blade prop with a higher pitch for trolling motors. I have an 80lb thrust RipeTide on my boat with I-Pilot. My problem is I want to run my electric motor more this spring, but it's not moving me fast enough in currents. 80lb is twice what my boat really needs, but I'm not getting more than 2mph on flat water. I want to troll close to 3mph for striper so am looking at the prop for the fix. I can run my gas motor and troll, but am in 3 feet of water and over rocks during part of that run so don't want to keep ole smokey going. And like I said above, I have I-Pilot and so would rather just let that drive the boat while I fish and direct it with the remote control. I'm thinking the 2 blade Minn Kota prop is made more for slow rolling while bass fishing. I want a faster troll and so am looking for the higher pitch to push me around more. Being so overpowered shouldn't be an issue on the trolling motor as the higher pitch is going to wear on it differently. May even be better as a higher pitch lowers the RPMs on a gas motor and may do the same here. I've thought about also just taking the existing prop, heating it, and cupping it to give me the higher pitch. But then the 3 blades should grab the water better too. I think I'll just get it and see how it runs.

No, its a normal 2 blade, it is the same trolling motor I got with the boat back in 93, thought about replacing with one of the newer ones but it still works well and does what I need. I am so busy on the farm I can't get the boat off the trailer. We have had 6 new boarder horses come in since 1/1 and I am having to modify pastures and spent the last two saturdays hauling and stacking hay (480 bales) And it keeps effing raining so everything I do is in 6 inches of mud!!!! I have a 75' x 30' shed I am halfway thru building but I have not been able to work on it at all the last month. Once I get that done I will most likely have to re-roof our house (putting metal on over the old shingles), then I need to build another hay storage building so I can store about 2,500 bales total. I hope to go fishing one day!

Bummer. I'm ordering one and will let ya know how it goes.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

I ran it today. Worked great, got extra speed and tighter control.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I ran it today. Worked great, got extra speed and tighter control.
sounds good, I have got to get the darn construction done on my farm so I can actually have some time to do something else beside work!