New texts between Strzok & Page revealed...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
133743Hokie

Re: New texts between Strzok & Page revealed...

Post by 133743Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Yeh, and the people who spent 5 minutes to ask people about what was being requested, learned that Obama was asking about Russia election info, because he was meeting with Putin in 5 days.
The texts were from Sep. 2016, after the Clinton email investigation had ended, and right in the middle of the Russia investigation.
I find it weird how people just accept this so-called explanation with zero curiosity.

=================================================
But this explanation isn’t as airtight as reporters all agreed it was. For one, Obama adamantly declared on national television that he never got involved in any FBI investigation at any time for any reason. You can watch him here. Asked if he’d pressure the FBI on the Hillary Clinton case, he responded: “I do not talk to the Attorney General about pending investigations. I do not talk to FBI directors about pending investigations. We have a strict line and always have maintained it. I guarantee it.”

That Strzok was drafting the talking points about Russia is again reasonable. He was running the investigation into alleged collusion between Trump and Russia, having launched that investigation in July, if not earlier informally. Let me quote CNN from last month, “As a leading counterintelligence expert, Strzok was also involved in opening the investigation into ties between Trump campaign associates and suspected Russian operatives.”

And if the President of the United States wanted to know everything about Strzok’s investigation into Trump and Russia, he’s the president and can do that, even if that contradicts his televised claims.

Now, a reasonable and even mildly curious press corps would start to have some synapses firing. Hmm. President Obama was briefed by Comey on an ongoing investigation into Russia’s election meddling. He wanted to know everything. Was he told everything? Was he told about the focus on the Trump campaign? Was he told about the dossier? Was he told about the source and funding of the dossier? Was he not told about the focus of Strzok’s investigation?
http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/08/how ... yesterday/
Yeah, this is just as disconcerting as if he wanted to know everything about the Hillary investigation. If he wanted to know tge details about the Russia investigation and was given them, then he knew about the fake dossier. What did he do with that info? Did he share it with the Hillary campaign? Inquiring minds should want to know. He's not busy right now so depose him. What did you know? When did you know it? Who did you tell?
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Yeh, and the people who spent 5 minutes to ask people about what was being requested, learned that Obama was asking about Russia election info, because he was meeting with Putin in 5 days.
The texts were from Sep. 2016, after the Clinton email investigation had ended, and right in the middle of the Russia investigation.
I find it weird how people just accept this so-called explanation with zero curiosity.

But this explanation isn’t as airtight as reporters all agreed it was. For one, Obama adamantly declared on national television that he never got involved in any FBI investigation at any time for any reason. You can watch him here. Asked if he’d pressure the FBI on the Hillary Clinton case, he responded: “I do not talk to the Attorney General about pending investigations. I do not talk to FBI directors about pending investigations. We have a strict line and always have maintained it. I guarantee it.”

That Strzok was drafting the talking points about Russia is again reasonable. He was running the investigation into alleged collusion between Trump and Russia, having launched that investigation in July, if not earlier informally. Let me quote CNN from last month, “As a leading counterintelligence expert, Strzok was also involved in opening the investigation into ties between Trump campaign associates and suspected Russian operatives.”

And if the President of the United States wanted to know everything about Strzok’s investigation into Trump and Russia, he’s the president and can do that, even if that contradicts his televised claims.

Now, a reasonable and even mildly curious press corps would start to have some synapses firing. Hmm. President Obama was briefed by Comey on an ongoing investigation into Russia’s election meddling. He wanted to know everything. Was he told everything? Was he told about the focus on the Trump campaign? Was he told about the dossier? Was he told about the source and funding of the dossier? Was he not told about the focus of Strzok’s investigation?
This whole thing is an exercise in confirmation bias. We're in a scary place where the political divide is so great that any excuse, no matter how ridiculous, is sufficient.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

This whole thing is an exercise in confirmation bias. We're in a scary place where the political divide is so great that any excuse, no matter how ridiculous, is sufficient.
Andrew McCarthy sums all of this up clearly and concisely. He always brings the discussion back to the difference between counterintelligence investigations and criminal investigations. And using these parameters Obama is expected to ask for and receive briefs from the DOJ/FBI on the Russia Investigation as it is a counterintelligence investigation and that is his purview. Likewise, Trump can't obstruct the Mueller investigation as it is HIS purview as president to know all and do with it what he wants. What's good for the goose (democrats) is good for the gander (republicans). In sum, this is all about nothing.

A good and informative read...again.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... -absurdity
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Andrew McCarthy sums all of this up clearly and concisely. He always brings the discussion back to the difference between counterintelligence investigations and criminal investigations. And using these parameters Obama is expected to ask for and receive briefs from the DOJ/FBI on the Russia Investigation as it is a counterintelligence investigation and that is his purview. Likewise, Trump can't obstruct the Mueller investigation as it is HIS purview as president to know all and do with it what he wants. What's good for the goose (democrats) is good for the gander (republicans). In sum, this is all about nothing.

It’s all about Dems trying to bring down a rightfully elected president.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Agreed, good post.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

It was a good read. FTR though, counterintelligence collection methods are not immune from Constitutional legal limits.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

It was a good read. FTR though, counterintelligence collection methods are not immune from Constitutional legal limits.
He's the chief executive. They all work or him. He can ask to be briefed on any aspect, and he can fire anyone he wants.