Libtards saying they'll lie in front of tanks if Trump...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Libtards saying they'll lie in front of tanks if Trump..

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:To be fair, that parade would have been so expensive ....

How expensive would it!?

It would have cost almost as much as Obama’s Africa vacation!!

:twisted:
I remember when DC railed against that. Oh wait, no I don't.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:

How expensive would it!?

My favorite was him lecturing that you could keep your doctor and that the conservatives were lying about death panels. You know, things "real" conservatives do.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

How expensive would it!?

My favorite was him lecturing that you could keep your doctor and that the conservatives were lying about death panels. You know, things "real" conservatives do.
He has the same Stockholm Syndrome that you see from otherwise rational people in Euro countries. They're dismissive so they don't have to deal with the reality of their situation.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Lol, you did it again. Trump shows fiscal responsibility and you shirt on him. You're an emotional basketcase.
You are mentally unhinged. This thread restarted yesterday.

I posted this:

"RiverGuy wins!!

And we get to see which posters are fake conservatives!

It's a win/win."

Somehow, that triggered both of the AG TDB crew.

What about that post was shirting on Trump, exactly???
No idea what you're rambling about now, but your backhanded acknowledgement after shirting on him in yet another thread was in the last paragraph.

My "rambling" is showing you exactly what I wrote in this thread, and asking you how you consider that "shirting on him". You said I was shirting on him - what exact words did I write that are the basis of your claim?

My backhanded acknowledgement is the appropriate response to your silly claim that he's being fiscally responsible.

Day X - Trump: I think we should have a military parade that's going to cost millions of dollars!!
Day Y - Everyone else: That's not a good idea or a good use of money.
Day Z - Trump: On second thought, let's save that money and not have a parade!!

The federal budget and deficit are the same on Day Z as it was before Day X. He didn't save any money, he just realized it wasn't politically expedient to waste it. Saving money and being fiscally conservative would mean that the federal spending budget and or the deficit was decreased.

Only the easily duped fell for the idea that he was saving money by not spending money that was never there in the first place.
Was this supposed to be a response to someone else? Maybe you should erase the pile of rubbish you wrote and respond in a manner which actually addresses my comments in a factual manner?
I'll try to simplify it for you.

You said I was shirting on him - what exact words did I write that are the basis of your claim?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: I'll try to simplify it for you.

You said I was shirting on him - what exact words did I write that are the basis of your claim?
You already linked it above. Try to keep up.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:

How expensive would it!?

True. I didn't rail against Obama's travel expenses. My only comment about his travel was that I didn't like his trips. Just like I didn't like the time Bush spent away from the WH. And just like I don't like that Trump spends so much time away from the WH. For the most part, people on this board don't really seem to care. There are not many threads about the cost of travel. Maybe b/c Obama spent a lot of money on travel, and Trump is going to eclipse Obama's spending. Neither of their travel policies could be considered fiscally conservative. And of course, POTUS travel expenses and a flamboyant military parade expense are not remotely equivalent.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: I'll try to simplify it for you.

You already linked it above. Try to keep up.
OK, apologies, it wasn't simple enough for you.

In this thread, you wrote, "Trump shows fiscal responsibility and you shirt on him".

What exact words did I write that are shirting on him after him showing fiscal responsibility?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

How expensive would it!?

True. I didn't rail against Obama's travel expenses. My only comment about his travel was that I didn't like his trips. Just like I didn't like the time Bush spent away from the WH. And just like I don't like that Trump spends so much time away from the WH. For the most part, people on this board don't really seem to care. There are not many threads about the cost of travel. Maybe b/c Obama spent a lot of money on travel, and Trump is going to eclipse Obama's spending. Neither of their travel policies could be considered fiscally conservative. And of course, POTUS travel expenses and a flamboyant military parade expense are not remotely equivalent.
Where do you see California in 30yrs, DC?
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

How expensive would it!?

True. Obama’s Africa extravaganza was a multi million dollar bit of self indulgence, celebrating himself. A complete and total waste of no benefit to anyone but himself and his family.
A parade was said to be in honor of others (active & fallen soldiers).

Hard to equate the two.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

How expensive would it!?

Haven't really thought about it. Right now, it's economically strong, the weather is great, and there are a million fun things to do. It's also a tough question b/c "California" isn't just one thing. SF is vastly different than LA, which is different than OC, which is different than Bakersfield.
If LA goes the route of SF, we'll move, but I don't see that happening, it's not remotely as liberal.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

How expensive would it!?

True. Obama’s Africa extravaganza was a multi million dollar bit of self indulgence, celebrating himself. A complete and total waste of no benefit to anyone but himself and his family.

Hard to equate the two.
That's your opinion on Obama's Africa trip, not sure it's based on any facts. Africa was/is a fast growing economic region, one that we were losing to China. Much of what came out of that trip was opening up avenues for US company investment, expansion, and trade in East, south, and west africa.

And certainly a parade can honor soldiers, but it doesn't need to be on the scale that Trump was talking about. And no one in the military wanted that.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

How expensive would it!?

You redneck asshole buddies are adorable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

How expensive would it!?

Haven't really thought about it. Right now, it's economically strong, the weather is great, and there are a million fun things to do. It's also a tough question b/c "California" isn't just one thing. SF is vastly different than LA, which is different than OC, which is different than Bakersfield.
If LA goes the route of SF, we'll move, but I don't see that happening, it's not remotely as liberal.
Living in the now is part of California's problem.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

How expensive would it!?

Hard to equate the two.
That's your opinion on Obama's Africa trip, not sure it's based on any facts. Africa was/is a fast growing economic region, one that we were losing to China. Much of what came out of that trip was opening up avenues for US company investment, expansion, and trade in East, south, and west africa.

And certainly a parade can honor soldiers, but it doesn't need to be on the scale that Trump was talking about. And no one in the military wanted that.
Put down the pipe.
:lol:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

How expensive would it!?

Yeh, you remember something that didn't happen. I didn't lecture anyone about keeping your doctor. I didn't support Ocare. It's a perfect example of the fantasy world you and some other UWS nutters live in.

Now I did laugh at the death panel notion, because that's a ridiculous claim made by....you got it, delusional nutters.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

How expensive would it!?

Hard to equate the two.

Africa is ripe for colonization, same as it's always been. Africa isn't the next India (which is regressing by the way). It's interesting that you assume sincere, rational motivations beneficial to the US from Obama's vacation there. The truth is that he's a globalist, afrocentrist, who sees the US profiting off the backs of the rest of the world.

Yet, you have decided how big Trump's stupid parade is (and that everyone in the military hates the idea) before anything was even finalized!
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

How expensive would it!?

Hard to equate the two.

Africa is ripe for colonization, same as it's always been. Africa isn't the next India (which is regressing by the way). It's interesting that you assume sincere, rational motivations beneficial to the US from Obama's vacation there. The truth is that he's a globalist, afrocentrist, who sees the US profiting off the backs of the rest of the world.

Yet, you have decided how big Trump's stupid parade is (and that everyone in the military hates the idea) before anything was even finalized!
I'm not assuming anything. There was a specific initiative developed around developing more energy for Africa that led to significant increases in US investment in Africa. And while it was billed as an intl initiative, it was significantly tilted in favor of US companies, and was done to improve our share of the Africa energy market, where we were (and still are) getting crushed by China.

And I haven't decide how big it is, but Trump referred to a parade in France when talking about what he wanted, so there is a reference point that you can use. And most people (I included references to the many military ppl who agree), INCLUDING YOU, agreed that the type of parade envisioned was out of character for the US.
Seriously, just stop. You have already said you don't agree with the parade concept, why do you keep badgering me when you agree?
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

How expensive would it!?

All of these cost are just white noise in the budget. It kills me when people get torqued up about costs/expenses such as these. They are a blip, nothing, a rounding error.
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

How expensive would it!?

All of these cost are just white noise in the budget. It kills me when people get torqued up about costs/expenses such as these. They are a blip, nothing, a rounding error.
While that is true.. $100 million accounts to 1/40,000 I'd a $4trillion budget... That doesn't excuse it, considering the budget could be balanced by cutting about 60 times that amount from the budget to begin with. It's the 1/60 of the deficit that is significant.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

How expensive would it!?

While that is true.. $100 million accounts to 1/40,000 I'd a $4trillion budget... That doesn't excuse it, considering the budget could be balanced by cutting about 60 times that amount from the budget to begin with. It's the 1/60 of the deficit that is significant.
1/60th is white noise. It won't move the needle.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: I'm not assuming anything. There was a specific initiative developed around developing more energy for Africa that led to significant increases in US investment in Africa. And while it was billed as an intl initiative, it was significantly tilted in favor of US companies, and was done to improve our share of the Africa energy market, where we were (and still are) getting crushed by China.

And I haven't decide how big it is, but Trump referred to a parade in France when talking about what he wanted, so there is a reference point that you can use. And most people (I included references to the many military ppl who agree), INCLUDING YOU, agreed that the type of parade envisioned was out of character for the US.
Seriously, just stop. You have already said you don't agree with the parade concept, why do you keep badgering me when you agree?
Yeah, let me guess: low interest loans and grants paid for by taxpayers to benefit Democrat donors. Its money down the drain and China will always kick our ass there because their motives (to colonize) are more devious than ours.

Please bookmark this thread and tell me in 5 years how wrong I was.