Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Invisible People channel on YouTube

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Just found this channel. It is really entertaining if you are a voyeur like me.

https://youtu.be/bpMOH2XHEuY

There are some real gems in here. There are so many people who are too dumb to make it in the world today. It is pretty sad. I have no answers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Invisible People channel on YouTube

Post by USN_Hokie »

Interesting. I don't know what to make of that couple. They look pretty clean in that video, but I think the answer has to be drugs.

The funny thing is that I bet most of the students and faculty at Cornell and Ithaca think we need to import immigrants to help them while they drive past tent cities in their back yards.
Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

That couple said they both worked at Denny’s and couldn’t make it in an apt. I find that pretty hard to believe,since they are in a college town. I have watched about 25 of these. It is really fascinating at heart breaking all at once.

Here’s the SJW episode. You all will love this one. https://youtu.be/uyAKUEmzMPk

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

If I was going to be homeless, I think I'd do everything I could to not be homeless in Ithaca NY, or any northern state where it can get to -25 at night. I didn't watch the whole thing, are they staying on private or public land?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:That couple said they both worked at Denny’s and couldn’t make it in an apt. I find that pretty hard to believe,since they are in a college town. I have watched about 25 of these. It is really fascinating at heart breaking all at once.

Here’s the SJW episode. You all will love this one. https://youtu.be/uyAKUEmzMPk

Gotta love the carabiner "ear rings." Looks like she might have been a cute girl if she wasn't living on the street.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:That couple said they both worked at Denny’s and couldn’t make it in an apt. I find that pretty hard to believe,since they are in a college town. I have watched about 25 of these. It is really fascinating at heart breaking all at once.

Gotta love the carabiner "ear rings." Looks like she might have been a cute girl if she wasn't living on the street.
She would be a looker for sure. It is hard to imagine how bad an attractive woman has to screw up to end up like this.

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:If I was going to be homeless, I think I'd do everything I could to not be homeless in Ithaca NY, or any northern state where it can get to -25 at night. I didn't watch the whole thing, are they staying on private or public land?
I’ve never understood that either. I’m guessing they just summer there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Vienna_Hokie
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:If I was going to be homeless, I think I'd do everything I could to not be homeless in Ithaca NY, or any northern state where it can get to -25 at night. I didn't watch the whole thing, are they staying on private or public land?

Well....if these were people that made good life choices...yes I'm excluding the mentally ill....they wouldn't be homeless. Expecting them to make good decisions now is rather silly since the decisions they've made in their life have led them to living on the streets.

Like the idea of giving people food stamps and expecting them to eat healthy. Kind of stupid to give people who have made bad choices their whole life money they did nothing to earn and expect them to make good choices.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Well....if these were people that made good life choices...yes I'm excluding the mentally ill....they wouldn't be homeless. Expecting them to make good decisions now is rather silly since the decisions they've made in their life have led them to living on the streets.

Like the idea of giving people food stamps and expecting them to eat healthy. Kind of stupid to give people who have made bad choices their whole life money they did nothing to earn and expect them to make good choices.
+1

Was about to post this.