United We Stand - uwsboard.com

Virginia Tech fans discussing politics, religion, and football
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:32 am

Time zone: America/New_York


UWS DWF UWS Lunch UWS Sports UWS Help TSL Football TSL Lounge TSL MBB Acronyms Top 25 Topics


Forum rules


Please be civil.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Poll: Are you going to see Black Panther?
Poll runs till Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:04 pm
Yes! I am obsessed with all Marvel movies and see them all the day they come out! I will happily die a virgin, while pleasuring myself to Han and Leia fan fiction! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes! Marvel movies are usually pretty funny and I'll go see this one. 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Yes! I see some Marvel movies and this one looks good enough to make the cut. 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Yes! I normally don't like the stupid Marvel movies, but this one looks interesting. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes! I normally don't like the stupid Marvel movies, but the controversy about this one makes me want to see it to see what the fuss is about. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No! I normally love the Marvel movies, but I'm not interested in this SJW nonsense. 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
No! And I hate all comic book movies. 46%  46%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 13
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 5525
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican
Poll: Are you going to see Black Panther?

_________________
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 31940
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
Yes

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:12 am
Posts: 5274
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic
Yes, but I'll wait for it on Blu-ray.

_________________
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." - Voltaire


"Christian socialism is but the holy water with which the priest consecrates the heart-burnings of the aristocrat" Karl Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:20 pm
Posts: 10576
Location: New York, NY
Adult here


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
"Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible." - DT(2013)

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it." - DT(2017)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:30 pm
Posts: 10224
Maybe on demand/cable. I like marvel movies Theater too expensive unless the movie is a burning desire


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 31940
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
It's getting a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes. Spidey senses say the Wilder effect is at play. I'm going week 2, hopefully after the Slave Trail walkers and their drums are gone.

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:58 pm
Posts: 19935
Location: Fake Dossier Writing Center
Party: Draintheswamp
awesome guy wrote:
It's getting a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes. Spidey senses say the Wilder effect is at play. I'm going week 2, hopefully after the Slave Trail walkers and their drums are gone.


97% because everyone who doesn't like it is a racist. The Last Jedi had great critic reviews too. Rotten Tomatoes' system for critic reviews is pretty much meaningless right now.

_________________
“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”

― P.J. O'Rourke


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 31940
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
It's getting a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes. Spidey senses say the Wilder effect is at play. I'm going week 2, hopefully after the Slave Trail walkers and their drums are gone.


97% because everyone who doesn't like it is a racist. The Last Jedi had great critic reviews too. Rotten Tomatoes' system for critic reviews is pretty much meaningless right now.
Yep, the Wilder effect. I think they're afraid of panning a marvel movie too.

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:30 pm
Posts: 10224
I dunno.

This movie is just a movie.
Kind of a "so what?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:50 am
Posts: 5529
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
It's getting a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes. Spidey senses say the Wilder effect is at play. I'm going week 2, hopefully after the Slave Trail walkers and their drums are gone.


97% because everyone who doesn't like it is a racist. The Last Jedi had great critic reviews too. Rotten Tomatoes' system for critic reviews is pretty much meaningless right now.
Yep, the Wilder effect. I think they're afraid of panning a marvel movie too.

I was never a fan of Marvel Comics, but I’ve enjoyed most of the Marvel movies. I thought this one looked cool from the beginning. I’m going to check it out. We’ll see. I could tell it would be a spin-off when they had BP in the Captn America movie.....and I don’t follow all the Marvel movie hubbub on the internetz, so I have no idea what’s coming, unless it’s advertised.

I don’t listen to any reviews or read them. If I happen to see something about a movie I wait to judge for myself. I didn’t see the Star Wars movie until a few weeks ago. I thought it was horrible.

_________________
Image
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:01 pm
Posts: 8975
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Adult here


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yeah, never been much into the comic book movies. I think I've seen a couple of them (e.g. The Dark Knight), but more so because they were considered to be good movies on their own and not really anything to do with the comic books themselves.

_________________
I love UWS!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 31940
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
HokieHam wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
It's getting a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes. Spidey senses say the Wilder effect is at play. I'm going week 2, hopefully after the Slave Trail walkers and their drums are gone.


97% because everyone who doesn't like it is a racist. The Last Jedi had great critic reviews too. Rotten Tomatoes' system for critic reviews is pretty much meaningless right now.
Yep, the Wilder effect. I think they're afraid of panning a marvel movie too.

I was never a fan of Marvel Comics, but I’ve enjoyed most of the Marvel movies. I thought this one looked cool from the beginning. I’m going to check it out. We’ll see. I could tell it would be a spin-off when they had BP in the Captn America movie.....and I don’t follow all the Marvel movie hubbub on the internetz, so I have no idea what’s coming, unless it’s advertised.

I don’t listen to any reviews or read them. If I happen to see something about a movie I wait to judge for myself. I didn’t see the Star Wars movie until a few weeks ago. I thought it was horrible.
Better hurry, lines are forming.



_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 31940
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
I'm thinking about crashing the Black Panther party tonight.Image

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 31940
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
Only me and my 5 new black friends at this showing. Looked about sold out for the 7pm show. Report to follow.

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 31940
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
It was ok. Not even close to the 98 it has on Rotten Tomatoes. I have it as a bottom mid of Marvel. Better than Iron Man 2 and Thor 2, but not as good as Avengers, Ant Man, Dr. Strange, Civil War, etc.

There was a lot of BLM type crap in it. On one hand, it's from Kill Monger. On the other, the movie agrees that blacks are victims across the globe and just disagrees on what to do about it. There were also slurs against whites. Not enough to dominate, just enough to annoy.

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:01 pm
Posts: 8975
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.
awesome guy wrote:
It was ok. Not even close to the 98 it has on Rotten Tomatoes. I have it as a bottom mid of Marvel. Better than Iron Man 2 and Thor 2, but not as good as Avengers, Ant Man, Dr. Strange, Civil War, etc.

There was a lot of BLM type crap in it. On one hand, it's from Kill Monger. On the other, the movie agrees that blacks are victims across the globe and just disagrees on what to do about it. There were also slurs against whites. Not enough to dominate, just enough to annoy.


Let us know what the other kids say about it at recess today.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
I love UWS!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 31940
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
It was ok. Not even close to the 98 it has on Rotten Tomatoes. I have it as a bottom mid of Marvel. Better than Iron Man 2 and Thor 2, but not as good as Avengers, Ant Man, Dr. Strange, Civil War, etc.

There was a lot of BLM type crap in it. On one hand, it's from Kill Monger. On the other, the movie agrees that blacks are victims across the globe and just disagrees on what to do about it. There were also slurs against whites. Not enough to dominate, just enough to annoy.


Let us know what the other kids say about it at recess today.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:20 pm
Posts: 10576
Location: New York, NY
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
It was ok. Not even close to the 98 it has on Rotten Tomatoes. I have it as a bottom mid of Marvel. Better than Iron Man 2 and Thor 2, but not as good as Avengers, Ant Man, Dr. Strange, Civil War, etc.

There was a lot of BLM type crap in it. On one hand, it's from Kill Monger. On the other, the movie agrees that blacks are victims across the globe and just disagrees on what to do about it. There were also slurs against whites. Not enough to dominate, just enough to annoy.


Let us know what the other kids say about it at recess today.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


You and your little friends can reenact scenes and take turns being the good guy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
"Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible." - DT(2013)

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it." - DT(2017)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 31940
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
It was ok. Not even close to the 98 it has on Rotten Tomatoes. I have it as a bottom mid of Marvel. Better than Iron Man 2 and Thor 2, but not as good as Avengers, Ant Man, Dr. Strange, Civil War, etc.

There was a lot of BLM type crap in it. On one hand, it's from Kill Monger. On the other, the movie agrees that blacks are victims across the globe and just disagrees on what to do about it. There were also slurs against whites. Not enough to dominate, just enough to annoy.


Let us know what the other kids say about it at recess today.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


You and your little friends can reenact scenes and take turns being the good guy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's retarded, we'll battle with action figures.

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 5525
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican
I wasn't planning on seeing it for a couple of weeks, but the theater by me - which had been sold out for a while - opened up some additional showings so my wife and I are going tonight.

_________________
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:30 pm
Posts: 10224
BigDave wrote:
I wasn't planning on seeing it for a couple of weeks, but the theater by me - which had been sold out for a while - opened up some additional showings so my wife and I are going tonight.


Looking forward to the (non-spoiler) report.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:58 pm
Posts: 19935
Location: Fake Dossier Writing Center
Party: Draintheswamp
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
It was ok. Not even close to the 98 it has on Rotten Tomatoes. I have it as a bottom mid of Marvel. Better than Iron Man 2 and Thor 2, but not as good as Avengers, Ant Man, Dr. Strange, Civil War, etc.

There was a lot of BLM type crap in it. On one hand, it's from Kill Monger. On the other, the movie agrees that blacks are victims across the globe and just disagrees on what to do about it. There were also slurs against whites. Not enough to dominate, just enough to annoy.


Let us know what the other kids say about it at recess today.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


You and your little friends can reenact scenes and take turns being the good guy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Ok, this made me laugh.

_________________
“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”

― P.J. O'Rourke


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:35 pm
Posts: 10210
Location: Macedonian Hacking Campus
Alma Mater: Skopje Technical Hacking and Culinary Institute
Party: Independent
Oh well ya can't win for losing.

_________________
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:50 am
Posts: 5529
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....
Major Kong wrote:

Well.......now we know Nolan won’t see this.

_________________
Image
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:01 pm
Posts: 8975
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.
HokieHam wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Well.......now we know Nolan won’t see this.


Sup? Why am I not going to see a movie that I already said I wasn’t going to see?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
I love UWS!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Time zone: America/New_York


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: