Poll: Are you going to see Black Panther?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.

Poll ended at Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:04 pm

Yes! I am obsessed with all Marvel movies and see them all the day they come out! I will happily die a virgin, while pleasuring myself to Han and Leia fan fiction!
No votes
Yes! Marvel movies are usually pretty funny and I'll go see this one.
23%
Yes! I see some Marvel movies and this one looks good enough to make the cut.
15%
Yes! I normally don't like the stupid Marvel movies, but this one looks interesting.
No votes
Yes! I normally don't like the stupid Marvel movies, but the controversy about this one makes me want to see it to see what the fuss is about.
No votes
No! I normally love the Marvel movies, but I'm not interested in this SJW nonsense.
15%
No! And I hate all comic book movies.
46%

Total votes: 13

BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Poll: Are you going to see Black Panther?

Post by awesome guy »

Yes
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Yes, but I'll wait for it on Blu-ray.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Adult here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Maybe on demand/cable. I like marvel movies Theater too expensive unless the movie is a burning desire
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

It's getting a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes. Spidey senses say the Wilder effect is at play. I'm going week 2, hopefully after the Slave Trail walkers and their drums are gone.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:It's getting a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes. Spidey senses say the Wilder effect is at play. I'm going week 2, hopefully after the Slave Trail walkers and their drums are gone.
97% because everyone who doesn't like it is a racist. The Last Jedi had great critic reviews too. Rotten Tomatoes' system for critic reviews is pretty much meaningless right now.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:It's getting a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes. Spidey senses say the Wilder effect is at play. I'm going week 2, hopefully after the Slave Trail walkers and their drums are gone.
97% because everyone who doesn't like it is a racist. The Last Jedi had great critic reviews too. Rotten Tomatoes' system for critic reviews is pretty much meaningless right now.
Yep, the Wilder effect. I think they're afraid of panning a marvel movie too.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I dunno.

This movie is just a movie.
Kind of a "so what?"
Salute the Marines
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
I was never a fan of Marvel Comics, but I’ve enjoyed most of the Marvel movies. I thought this one looked cool from the beginning. I’m going to check it out. We’ll see. I could tell it would be a spin-off when they had BP in the Captn America movie.....and I don’t follow all the Marvel movie hubbub on the internetz, so I have no idea what’s coming, unless it’s advertised.

I don’t listen to any reviews or read them. If I happen to see something about a movie I wait to judge for myself. I didn’t see the Star Wars movie until a few weeks ago. I thought it was horrible.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Adult here

Yeah, never been much into the comic book movies. I think I've seen a couple of them (e.g. The Dark Knight), but more so because they were considered to be good movies on their own and not really anything to do with the comic books themselves.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
I was never a fan of Marvel Comics, but I’ve enjoyed most of the Marvel movies. I thought this one looked cool from the beginning. I’m going to check it out. We’ll see. I could tell it would be a spin-off when they had BP in the Captn America movie.....and I don’t follow all the Marvel movie hubbub on the internetz, so I have no idea what’s coming, unless it’s advertised.

I don’t listen to any reviews or read them. If I happen to see something about a movie I wait to judge for myself. I didn’t see the Star Wars movie until a few weeks ago. I thought it was horrible.
Better hurry, lines are forming.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

I'm thinking about crashing the Black Panther party tonight.Image
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Only me and my 5 new black friends at this showing. Looked about sold out for the 7pm show. Report to follow.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

It was ok. Not even close to the 98 it has on Rotten Tomatoes. I have it as a bottom mid of Marvel. Better than Iron Man 2 and Thor 2, but not as good as Avengers, Ant Man, Dr. Strange, Civil War, etc.

There was a lot of BLM type crap in it. On one hand, it's from Kill Monger. On the other, the movie agrees that blacks are victims across the globe and just disagrees on what to do about it. There were also slurs against whites. Not enough to dominate, just enough to annoy.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:It was ok. Not even close to the 98 it has on Rotten Tomatoes. I have it as a bottom mid of Marvel. Better than Iron Man 2 and Thor 2, but not as good as Avengers, Ant Man, Dr. Strange, Civil War, etc.

There was a lot of BLM type crap in it. On one hand, it's from Kill Monger. On the other, the movie agrees that blacks are victims across the globe and just disagrees on what to do about it. There were also slurs against whites. Not enough to dominate, just enough to annoy.
Let us know what the other kids say about it at recess today.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:It was ok. Not even close to the 98 it has on Rotten Tomatoes. I have it as a bottom mid of Marvel. Better than Iron Man 2 and Thor 2, but not as good as Avengers, Ant Man, Dr. Strange, Civil War, etc.

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]
You and your little friends can reenact scenes and take turns being the good guy.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

You and your little friends can reenact scenes and take turns being the good guy.

That's retarded, we'll battle with action figures.
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

I wasn't planning on seeing it for a couple of weeks, but the theater by me - which had been sold out for a while - opened up some additional showings so my wife and I are going tonight.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

BigDave wrote:I wasn't planning on seeing it for a couple of weeks, but the theater by me - which had been sold out for a while - opened up some additional showings so my wife and I are going tonight.
Looking forward to the (non-spoiler) report.
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Ok, this made me laugh.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Well.......now we know Nolan won’t see this.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieHam wrote:
Well.......now we know Nolan won’t see this.
Sup? Why am I not going to see a movie that I already said I wasn’t going to see?