Poll: Are you going to see Black Panther?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.

Poll: Are you going to see Black Panther?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:04 pm

Yes! I am obsessed with all Marvel movies and see them all the day they come out! I will happily die a virgin, while pleasuring myself to Han and Leia fan fiction!
No votes
Yes! Marvel movies are usually pretty funny and I'll go see this one.
23%
Yes! I see some Marvel movies and this one looks good enough to make the cut.
15%
Yes! I normally don't like the stupid Marvel movies, but this one looks interesting.
No votes
Yes! I normally don't like the stupid Marvel movies, but the controversy about this one makes me want to see it to see what the fuss is about.
No votes
No! I normally love the Marvel movies, but I'm not interested in this SJW nonsense.
15%
No! And I hate all comic book movies.
46%

Total votes: 13

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Poll: Are you going to see Black Panther?

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:
Well.......now we know Nolan won’t see this.
Nolan isn't going because he's afraid of black people. Same with IP, they're pussies.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

I'm just waiting to get the prediction on the box office gross from our Hollywood experts here.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HooFighter wrote:I'm just waiting to get the prediction on the box office gross from our Hollywood experts here.
I'm going out on a limb to say that Black Panther will do better in its first two weeks than a movie packed with star power, self-indulgently about a liberal newspaper that gives cover to leftists and propagandizes against middle America did in its first two weeks.

Just a guess though
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HooFighter wrote:I'm just waiting to get the prediction on the box office gross from our Hollywood experts here.
I'm going out on a limb to say that Black Panther will do better in its first two weeks than a movie packed with star power, self-indulgently about a liberal newspaper that gives cover to leftists and propagandizes against middle America did in its first two weeks.

Just a guess though
Black Panther is box-office bait. The Marvel movies are already like printing money anyway - even the mediocre ones nobody really cares about like Ant Man (which I still haven't seen). And they're building on their typically reliable audience of pasty nerds by adding African Americans and SJWs ... that's a lot of ticket sales.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Just a guess though
Black Panther is box-office bait. The Marvel movies are already like printing money anyway - even the mediocre ones nobody really cares about like Ant Man (which I still haven't seen). And they're building on their typically reliable audience of pasty nerds by adding African Americans and SJWs ... that's a lot of ticket sales.
I happened upon Ant Man on a Disney cruise. Watched it by default because that was what was showing on the ship and the kids wanted to see it. I was pleasantly surprised. Pretty good IMO and I know nothing about Ant Man other than watching that movie, was never a comic book guy.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Just a guess though
Yep, it's going to kill. You're missing out by not seeing Ant Man, that was almost as good as Deadpool, but with PG humor.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

awesome guy wrote:Yep, it's going to kill. You're missing out by not seeing Ant Man, that was almost as good as Deadpool, but with PG humor.
Ant Man was great, Deadpool was mega GREAT.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

If my 11 year old asks to go I will take him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

I don't get why people were so upset. The SJW stuff is from a bad guy. I guess some racists will be upset about a fictional prosperous nation of black people. But there's nothing offensive in the movie. It's different from most of the Marvel movies because it's more serious and has almost no comedy, whereas Thor and Iron Man are largely comic relief in most of the movies they are in. So if you are going looking for Thor to be cracking jokes, you'll be disappointed.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:I don't get why people were so upset. The SJW stuff is from a bad guy. I guess some racists will be upset about a fictional prosperous nation of black people. But there's nothing offensive in the movie. It's different from most of the Marvel movies because it's more serious and has almost no comedy, whereas Thor and Iron Man are largely comic relief in most of the movies they are in. So if you are going looking for Thor to be cracking jokes, you'll be disappointed.
No it's not, it's the theme of the plot. They just disagreed about how to handle. It's all SJW crap, not to mention racial slurs hurled at whites.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:I don't get why people were so upset. The SJW stuff is from a bad guy. I guess some racists will be upset about a fictional prosperous nation of black people. But there's nothing offensive in the movie. It's different from most of the Marvel movies because it's more serious and has almost no comedy, whereas Thor and Iron Man are largely comic relief in most of the movies they are in. So if you are going looking for Thor to be cracking jokes, you'll be disappointed.
No it's not, it's the theme of the plot. They just disagreed about how to handle. It's all SJW crap, not to mention racial slurs hurled at whites.
Were you offended by the comic book characters?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

By racism towards whites? Yep. Who wouldn't be?
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Adults.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Adults.

Jus to be clear, this is an acceptable two way street for adults?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Adults.

Jus to be clear, this is an acceptable two way street for adults?
Metchester supports racism, totally shocked.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

As an adult, I don’t really get offended by what’s said in movies.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

As an idiot, I don’t really get offended by what’s said in movies.

FTFY
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

LOL at AG getting offended by words in movies. Quite the snowflake.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:LOL at AG getting offended by words in movies. Quite the snowflake.

SUP
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:LOL at AG getting offended by words in movies. Quite the snowflake.

SUP
Nah. Generally works when brought up outta nowhere. I was making fun of you being a pussy for being offended at words in a movie.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

SUP
Nah. Generally works when brought up outta nowhere. I was making fun of you being a pussy for being offended at words in a movie.

It's an abbreviation dumbass. You're offended by people who won't make a gay wedding cake so I laugh hysterically at a giant vagina like yourself calling anyone a pussy, especially me. And especially after your the bitch in your house following your wife's career. Don't ever change.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

SUP

It's an abbreviation dumbass. You're offended by people who won't make a gay wedding cake so I laugh hysterically at a giant vagina like yourself calling anyone a pussy, especially me. And especially after your the bitch in your house following your wife's career. Don't ever change.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

SUP

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

You must be drunk
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

SUP

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

You must be drunk
That’s later. Just got home from work a bit ago.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:SUP

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

You must be drunk
That’s later. Just got home from work a bit ago.

Uh huh. Did you work the frier again?