USA pop. 335 million loses in Hockey to Slovenia pop 1.9 mil

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
CFB Apologist

USA pop. 335 million loses in Hockey to Slovenia pop 1.9 mil

Post by CFB Apologist »

Great job coaches, really great job. Howard County, MD. just beat you in Hockey. awesome stuff. You are worse than our mens soccer team that lost to Trinidad.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: USA pop. 335 million loses in Hockey to Slovenia pop 1.9

Post by USN_Hokie »

I've been to Slovenia. Very nice people.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

USN_Hokie wrote:I've been to Slovenia. Very nice people.
And apparently their whole 400K adult male population can field a hockey team to beat the USA.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
And apparently their whole 400K adult male population can field a hockey team to beat the USA.
Good for them.

Having watched a French man and Ukrainian woman win the gold medal in a figure skating event for team Germany, I think the Olympics are best appreciated by focusing on the hot broads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
Good for them.

Having watched a French man and Ukrainian woman win the gold medal in a figure skating event for team Germany, I think the Olympics are best appreciated by focusing on the hot broads.

True- not to mention that most athletes from all countries train in the USA and Canada for these games, and many have never been to their "home" country.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
Good for them.

True- not to mention that most athletes from all countries train in the USA and Canada for these games, and many have never been to their "home" country.
I don't know that much about hockey, but it seems to be like baseball in that an inferior team can catch a few breaks and ride a hot pitcher/goalie to a win in any given game.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
Good for them.

I don't know that much about hockey, but it seems to be like baseball in that an inferior team can catch a few breaks and ride a hot pitcher/goalie to a win in any given game.
Less scores = more volatility in outcome. I think it's as simple as that.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
Good for them.

Correct, especially when we're fielding our Single-A team.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

So, India should be great at hockey.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
Good for them.

+1
8-)
There was a time when I found Katarina Witt captivating.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
Good for them.

+1
8-)
There was a time when I found Katarina Witt captivating.
I was always a fan. There is talent in these Olympics.

ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

It's all about training and resources. Iceland, a country of 300,000, qualified for the World Cup in the European region(UEFA), a much tougher place to qualify than CONCACAF(North America). They put their limited resources into training elite youth coaches. There's approximately one UEFA qualified and trained coach per 10 soccer youth players in that country. So most teams have at least two coaches that have been trained at the highest youth level possible and certified. I'd bet in the USA, it's something like 1 coach for 500 youth players with that kind of training.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ElbertoHokie wrote:It's all about training and resources. Iceland, a country of 300,000, qualified for the World Cup in the European region(UEFA), a much tougher place to qualify than CONCACAF(North America). They put their limited resources into training elite youth coaches. There's approximately one UEFA qualified and trained coach per 10 soccer youth players in that country. So most teams have at least two coaches that have been trained at the highest youth level possible and certified. I'd bet in the USA, it's something like 1 coach for 500 youth players with that kind of training.
The USA is competent in Hockey, historically on the global scale. The USA has sucked ass in men's soccer for all of time. Fact. You can spin it however you want, we are not good at men's soccer compared to international competition- at all. We suck if you are being honest. And there is nothing wrong with that, just admit it. We have tried everything. We have the most resources, the most money, the most youth playing soccer, the most fields, etc. And we get our asses kicked on the global stage EVERY single time. We suck at soccer in the US. I don't know why people pretend any different. Arena sucked- got his ass kicked by Trinidad. Klinsmann sucked- got his ass kicked by honduras, etc. every mens coach has sucked on the global level/world cup level. It is what it is. We have historically been MUCH more competitive in hockey.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

In the US, our best athletes play football, basketball, and baseball. Soccer and hockey don't get our best athletes.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BigDave wrote:In the US, our best athletes play football, basketball, and baseball. Soccer and hockey don't get our best athletes.
While true, there have been many European, spanish, south american NBA and MLB stars, yet those countries still kick our ass in Soccer. The bigger issue is coaching and training at a young age. We need a national soccer academy similar to those in Europe if we want to compete.