Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

The budget

Post by RiverguyVT »

Sux.

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still
Cut the darn spending!!!!
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: The budget

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote:Sux.

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still
Yes it does.......I agree with Rand. The Pubs look like a bunch of hypocrites. Cut spending. Make the military streamline. Cut all the free shiRt.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still
Its the first proposal, the final if they ever get to one will look nothing like it. I also don't think it takes into affect the tax law changes increasing the receipts along with the humming economy
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still
Its the first proposal, the final if they ever get to one will look nothing like it. I also don't think it takes into affect the tax law changes increasing the receipts along with the humming economy
I don’t have any faith in a final budget reducing any deficits.

That’s why Pubs look so foolish. We have (D)umbs get in power, grow the government massively.....the Pubs come in, cut taxes and don’t reduce the spending. It’s a vicious cycle that is not going to end well.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still

That’s why Pubs look so foolish. We have (D)umbs get in power, grow the government massively.....the Pubs come in, cut taxes and don’t reduce the spending. It’s a vicious cycle that is not going to end well.
They won't go nuclear and force it as a reconciliation vote or simple majority. It's pathetic.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still

has the us even had a budget the last decade, I thought I saw that they have not been able to get one thru congress in like a decade, it's all run by continuing resolutions now I thought
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still

has the us even had a budget the last decade, I thought I saw that they have not been able to get one thru congress in like a decade, it's all run by continuing resolutions now I thought
The democrats scrapped the budget and keep reauthorizing porkulous level spending. A budget would have cut that out. And now the republicans are continuing that BS.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still

They won't go nuclear and force it as a reconciliation vote or simple majority. It's pathetic.
Because many of them are craven pussies.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still
How often does congress ever pass a budget lower than what the President proposes?

The president proposes a budget filled to the brim with pork. Then each congressperson adds some more pork for their own district. The final product has far more than the President asked for. That's the way it works.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieJoe wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still

They're wolves in sheep's clothing. The want the issue and lobbyist money, not policy.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BigDave wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still
How often does congress ever pass a budget lower than what the President proposes?

The president proposes a budget filled to the brim with pork. Then each congressperson adds some more pork for their own district. The final product has far more than the President asked for. That's the way it works.
the point is a budget never gets actually passed, yes govt should be cut for sure, but that is RACIST!
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still
[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Once

Post by Once »

What are the predictions for Medicare for and Medicaid?
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Once wrote:What are the predictions for Medicare for and Medicaid?
Those.......are the killers.

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
Single payer.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieHam wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still
Yes it does.......I agree with Rand. The Pubs look like are a bunch of hypocrites. Cut spending. Make the military streamline. Cut all the free shiRt.
FTFY
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

my guess is go up, people are still fat asses
Once

Post by Once »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
I know nothing of Medicaid and my experience with Medicare is anecdotal at best, but for what it’s worth, I spent the better part of three years taking care of my parents who died of two very distinctly different illnesses within one year. Medicare did a pretty decent job, but my folks were exceptionally lucky in that they had secondary insurance too. Dealing with Medicare requires a lot of time, scrupulous organizational skills, and the unwavering will to question, fight, and explain every charge or incident. I think that is probably par for the course for any large nebulous governmental system. I don’t know what the answer is or should be, but it will definitely be interesting. I think the most nagging anecdotal concern I have is that my parents could afford to be in a private facility to the tune of $12,000 a month at its most expensive and $6000 a month after my mother passed away and only my father was provided for. That was for the room and board and 24 hour registered nursing monitoring. It did not include medications or hospital visits or any medical treatment. I have only seen the inside of one skilled nursing facility that was Medicaid-approved and it was rough. It was at one point in time during mom’s illness and the only place that would take her given the massive contagious infections she caught in the hospital. It doesn’t look like anyone is living high on the hog in those places. I think that’s why I’m very interested in seeing what cuts to Medicare and Medicaid actually look like in practice rather than on paper.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still

What are they realistically going to cut that will pass? Interest on the debt and entitlement spending are almost 70% of the budget. You will never reduce entitlement spending...ever. At best you can slow the growth. It is too ingrained and too controversial. The republicans can work on some legislation to reform Medicare, Medicaid and social security, but that's the only way it will ever change. You can't take away a benefit once you give it and people are sucked in. Just look at Obamacare. Four years ago 70%+ favored repeal. Last year it was down to 40%.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still

No, they don't want the democrats to have simple majority power when they reclaim congress. It works both ways.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Increases the deficit
Too much spending still

"Pork" is white noise in the budget. It makes for great talking points but it has no real bearing in the grand scheme of things.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Once wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
I know nothing of Medicaid and my experience with Medicare is anecdotal at best, but for what it’s worth, I spent the better part of three years taking care of my parents who died of two very distinctly different illnesses within one year. Medicare did a pretty decent job, but my folks were exceptionally lucky in that they had secondary insurance too. Dealing with Medicare requires a lot of time, scrupulous organizational skills, and the unwavering will to question, fight, and explain every charge or incident. I think that is probably par for the course for any large nebulous governmental system. I don’t know what the answer is or should be, but it will definitely be interesting. I think the most nagging anecdotal concern I have is that my parents could afford to be in a private facility to the tune of $12,000 a month at its most expensive and $6000 a month after my mother passed away and only my father was provided for. That was for the room and board and 24 hour registered nursing monitoring. It did not include medications or hospital visits or any medical treatment. I have only seen the inside of one skilled nursing facility that was Medicaid-approved and it was rough. It was at one point in time during mom’s illness and the only place that would take her given the massive contagious infections she caught in the hospital. It doesn’t look like anyone is living high on the hog in those places. I think that’s why I’m very interested in seeing what cuts to Medicare and Medicaid actually look like in practice rather than on paper.
The question the country has to ask itself is how to spend to save everyone or extend a terminal life? for someone that is not affected that is easy, if it is your life that is in peril then the question is any dollars necessary. But that is our issue with healthcare, very very expensive to save everyone
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
Single payer.

Even bigger deficits, so no thanks.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
Single payer.

Even bigger deficits, so no thanks.
It works great in canada and the UK
Once

Post by Once »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
Once wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
The question the country has to ask itself is how to spend to save everyone or extend a terminal life? for someone that is not affected that is easy, if it is your life that is in peril then the question is any dollars necessary. But that is our issue with healthcare, very very expensive to save everyone
In both cases, my folks were dying - mom of granulamatosis with polyangitis and dad of Alzheimer’s. My conflicts were more about “standard of care”. By that I mean every medical facility has a supposedly carefully prescribed standard of care for every illness, every acute event, every secondary complication, etc. they follow the standard of care. If that includes a hospital rule that states they must return to their residence by costly ambulance, the hospital fights you as the medical power of attorney to uphold that standard of care. Your next fight is with the ambulance company and Medicare’s refusal to pay a portion. It is the same with procedures, even if you don’t want them sometimes, medications, therapies, etc. it’s a constant battle to balance your loved ones’ comfort and dignity with the medical profession’s desire to stick with that standard of care likely developed by an actuary somewhere. Don’t even get me started about the endless cycle of nursing home to hospital to rehab facility back to nursing home too soon only to re-injure yourself or have a setback and start the very expensive cycle again. With my mother, they convened a panel so that I could state my case regarding the fruitlessness of continued treatment. The results of my meeting with that panel is proof though that the standard of care is changeable if you stomp your feet enough and make a big enough stink about it. That endless and repeated cycle is money in the bank for hospitals, nursing homes, rehab facilities, and Medicare provided caregivers. Why would they want to: stop doing everything they possibly could, keep putting her body through the ringer, and continue the indignities until they wrung every last drop of money possible out of the situation?

I guess my point is i didn’t see a lot of fat in the actual day to day activities associated with Medicare, but the healthcare industry in general is maddening. I don’t know how that squares with potential cuts though. I suppose one small victory in itself would be Medicare and Medicaid and hospitals all getting on the same page with regard to what is necessary, what is humane, and what is effing allowable.